Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rockies Change World Series Ticket Sales Policy

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Well it's just like anything else....those who have the most money get it, not those who deserve it the most. Sad, but true.
    Amem bruh <sad face>

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    OH????

sez WHO?!, re, bigger stadiums??

And the weather here is just fine, pouty-face!

Anyway, I will forgive you for your Euro-arrogance if you can also score tickets for moi, as well.
    Croke Park, Dublin 82,500 (Gaelic Football and Hurling, and they just opened it up to rugby)

Wembly Stadium, London 90,000 (soon to host the NFL game Giants v Dolphins)

Stade de Francais, Saint Denis 80,000 seated, 90,000 for concerts

Camp Nou, Barcelona 98,787

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, Milan 85,700

All the largest stadiums in the USA are College football stadiums, with the exception of FedExField 91,704 for the Redskins.

Giants Stadium 80,242 is the next largest, but there are a couple of stadiums in Australia that are bigger.

Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome 64,035 in Minneapolis is the biggest stadium for baseball.

Oh and Buck. I'm not European, I just live here.
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

OH????

sez WHO?!, re, bigger stadiums??

And the weather here is just fine, pouty-face!

Anyway, I will forgive you for your Euro-arrogance if you can also score tickets for moi, as well.
    Croke Park, Dublin 82,500 (Gaelic Football and Hurling, and they just opened it up to rugby)

All the largest stadiums in the USA are College football stadiums, with the exception of FedExField 91,704 for the Redskins.

Giants Stadium 80,242 is the next largest, but there are a couple of stadiums in Australia that are bigger.

Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome 64,035 in Minneapolis is the biggest stadium for baseball.

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    Hey, if I can get a couple of tickets to the Rockpile for me and Snapp, it's great.

Bear in mind that the majority of sporting events (including the NFL event in London) in Europe ONLY have online sales.

And those are bigger stadiums than what you have in the USA.

Also, given what the weather is like in Denver at the moment, do you really think opening themselves up for a lawsuit because someone got hypothermia waiting for a ticket is in the best interests of the club.

Stay at home, in the warm, with your comp, and buy your tickets.
    If it was assured that all Rockies fans would be able to get tickets online, that would be different. But, after the tickets are all sold online, we will see the fallout - brokers, scalpers selling the tickets for RIDICULOUS prices. MLB, not the Rockies, have already set ridiculous prices = regular season tickets in rockpile - $5.00 - NOW for World Series - $65.00 - just how much over and above the prices set by MLB can Rockies Fans afford?????

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

The following is on CraigsList now - and there will be more of this:

WORLD SERIES GAME 3 - Behind HOME PLATE - 4 Tickets - Sec 134 - $1
    Reply to: sale-452472882@craigslist.org
    Date: 2007-10-18, 7:28AM MDT

Infield Box Behind Home Plate.

4 great seats to the first World Series game at Coors Field (Game 3 of the World Series). 4 seats on the aisle behind home plate in Section 134, Row 18.

Be a part of history and help the Rockies continue their unbelievable run.

I have the tickets in hand for immediate delivery.

Minimum price $2,500 each.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    The following is on CraigsList now - and there will be more of this:

WORLD SERIES GAME 3 - Behind HOME PLATE - 4 Tickets - Sec 134 - $1
    Reply to: sale-452472882@craigslist.org
    Date: 2007-10-18, 7:28AM MDT

Infield Box Behind Home Plate.

4 great seats to the first World Series game at Coors Field (Game 3 of the World Series). 4 seats on the aisle behind home plate in Section 134, Row 18.

Be a part of history and help the Rockies continue their unbelievable run.

I have the tickets in hand for immediate delivery.

Minimum price $2,500 each.
    The seats behind home plate are all sold out due to season ticket holders. Yep, I checked.

If a season ticket holder wants to charge that much, that's up to them.

This is something different for people to get used to. And it's a proven point that people don't like change.

There will always be scalpers, there will always be people who can't go to a game, and there will always be people who have more money than others, and who can afford the scalpers prices.

Add me on Facebook!

Honestly I hate this thread. Its the World Series we should expect this. Without the internet I wouldn't be able to even have a CHANCE at getting tickets and I think that I am pretty deserving of a seat. Seriously, if people want to see the Rockies in the WS badly enough they WILL buy from scalpers. Its just a matter of how bad they want it.

EDIT: Let me add this. Just because people dont live in Colorado doesnt mean they aren't fans. People like Kim who watch the games every night, and has been since long before the win streak, deserve a chance at tickets too. I think its obvious from this message board that there are Broncos fans spread out all over the world and the same thing goes for the Rockies. If Kap has the opportunity to come watch a sports team that she has shed tears over and watched through thick and thin in the World Series then she should be able to do so. Besides that the internet will be a bit safer way to sell these tickets. Can you imagine the crowds etc that would be at Coors Field? To me that isnt the safest idea and really, its not hard for people to access a computer. This is 2007, the internet and online ticket sales is the way to go.
    Last edited by Snapping Turtle; 10-18-2007 at 11:08 AM.

Go Rockies!!!
    "Get your ass down to first base and shut up!" -- Troy Tulowitzki

"The other sports are just sports, baseball is love." -- Bryant Gumbel

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    Honestly I hate this thread. Its the World Series we should expect this. Without the internet I wouldn't be able to even have a CHANCE at getting tickets and I think that I am pretty deserving of a seat. Seriously, if people want to see the Rockies in the WS badly enough they WILL buy from scalpers. Its just a matter of how bad they want it.
    Snappin - of course you, as well as all true Rockies fans deserve a chance to get a ticket to the WS. It is not a matter of, if people want to see the Rockies in the WS badly enough they will buy from scalpers, but will they be able to afford to buy from scalpers. It is one thing to be able for you or any true Rockies fan to be able to buy a ticket at face value, but if Kap is not able to get tickets online at face value, how much can you guys afford to pay a scalper? That is the question for not only you guys, but any Rockies fan who will have to face that.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Snappin - of course you, as well as all true Rockies fans deserve a chance to get a ticket to the WS. It is not a matter of, if people want to see the Rockies in the WS badly enough they will buy from scalpers, but will they be able to afford to buy from scalpers. It is one thing to be able for you or any true Rockies fan to be able to buy a ticket at face value, but if Kap is not able to get tickets online at face value, how much can you guys afford to pay a scalper? That is the question for not only you guys, but any Rockies fan who will have to face that.
    If we cant get them online then we aren't going. Its not going to kill me. Any fan should be happy just to be able to see them play on TV and be happy for those who had the good fortune to get tickets. If people want to see it so bad they will find the money.

Go Rockies!!!
    "Get your ass down to first base and shut up!" -- Troy Tulowitzki

"The other sports are just sports, baseball is love." -- Bryant Gumbel

If I can't get them at face value, I won't be too bothered. I'm trying to get to Denver to see Snapp, going to a baseball game would just be a benefit.

If I could afford scalpers prices then I'd pay them, but if I can't go, then I'll watch it from a warm home, or a warm bar.

Add me on Facebook!

Kap, I obviously know nothing about European stadiums--outside of the ancient Roman collesium, that is. I was just "funnin'" ya, but looks like it didn't come off as such, very sorry!

Kap, I obviously know nothing about European stadiums--outside of the ancient Roman collesium, that is. I was just "funnin'" ya, but looks like it didn't come off as such, very sorry!
    Well calling me euro-arrogant, and pouty-face really doesn't help

Add me on Facebook!

Well calling me euro-arrogant, and pouty-face really doesn't help
    I typed those words with a smile on my face, just intended to be a playful tease. But, of course, there was no way you could have seen my expression from across the Pond. I'm very sorry for having offended you, Kap, and promise to be more careful with what I type in the future.

And, btw, I LOVE Europe! Europe is my roots. Without Europe, I wouldn't be here to type out silly stuff over the Internet (and wind up making a fool of myself on occasion).

Please give me a second chance?

I like the new policy just because I have a better chance to buy them now :lol

It be harder to compete with people at the line and online at the same time.
    I wish they would allow phone calls though.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Adopted Bronco:
    #88 Tony Scheffler

Unfortunatly this is the world we live in and scalpers buy as many ticket as they can and sell them for insane prices. I am used to it, however it sucks for Rockies fans. They finally get to see their team in the World Series and because people jack up the price, some fans aren't able to go. At least you can watch it on TV, yet nothing beats actually being at the game.

GO ROCKIES!!!!
    2007-08 MVP

Thanks MasterShake for the sig

On Brandon Marshall
    "I'm not going to ever let him settle. I'm going to stay on him to be the best he can." ~ Rod Smith

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information