Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Manning Rumors/Updates

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    With the awesome, powerful Colts... in his prime..

Peyton Manning won 1 superbowl in 2007.

He has a losing record in the playoffs overall.. 9-10..

I dont see an older, injured PM as a "guarantee" that the Broncos will win a Superbowl in the next 3 years.
    And it has nothing to do with the fact that the Colts were a horrible team with a great QB right? What were they last season with Manning and a ton of injuries? 10-6. How were they this season without Manning and nearly every one else healthy? He took some horrible teams to the playoffs and lost, and he took one horrible team to the Super Bowl and won. I'd say that's pretty darned impressive.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    And it has nothing to do with the fact that the Colts were a horrible team with a great QB right? What were they last season with Manning and a ton of injuries? 10-6. How were they this season without Manning and nearly every one else healthy? He took some horrible teams to the playoffs and lost, and he took one horrible team to the Super Bowl and won. I'd say that's pretty darned impressive.
    Really? It's not like Manning was throwing to a bunch of scrubs out there. For most of his career his WRs were Harrison, Wayne, and Dallas Clark. His defense looks EXACTLY like ours in that we have speed off the edge, we're soft in the middle (DT and MLB) and we have a secondary that's too old, too young, and too often injured. The only advantage he has coming here is our running game, but we all know that a 32 year old McGahee isn't exactly the answer and that the running game got a huge boost from the read-option and running the ball 50 times a game last year. Take away all of those option/Tebow draws and threats of a run, and McGahee would be lucky to get 3.5 YPC.

The Colts' team Manning played with was much closer to our current team than you're giving them credit for (except for all the probowl caliber receivers) and you expect Manning to be the guy to magically get us over the hump? What is Manning's record vs the Steelers in the playoffs (the team that we beat) or the Pats (the team that beat us)? Ask yourself that if in those games having Manning under center would've made much a difference in outcome... I'm thinking not.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

So you're saying Tim Tebow gives the current Broncos team a better chance to win than Peyton Manning?

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    So you're saying Tim Tebow gives the current Broncos team a better chance to win than Peyton Manning?
    Nobody is saying that OR saying Tebow is a better QB than Manning. But this Manning has a LOT of question marks, besides just age. His health is a concern and if he can play an entire Season and withstand the abuse.

Tebow did lead a crappy Broncos team to the Playoffs and a big win. He showed in the Pitt game he can throw downfield too. Let him ge tbetter and build around him. This constant merry-go-round is terrible. I want some consistency.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Frankly, I don't know and neither does anyone else. Nobody knows if Peyton will ever be the old Peyton again. He might be done but too proud to admit it. He might never be the same guy. He still hasn't thrown for anyone and nobody knows how his neck will hold up when he gets hit the first time. Peyton will command (I'm speculating) somewhere around $20 million dollars to bring in. Personally, I'd rather spend that jack on somewhere between 2-4 free agents and improve more than just the QB position.

Can you imagine throwing some of that $20 million salary that Peyton will get at say, Mario Williams and Brandon Carr? Maybe Vincent Jackson? How about a starting caliber MLB and DT along with re-signing Bunkley? Could you imagine a front four of Doom, Von, Ayers, and Super Mario or Mario and Doom on the outside and Von standing up, moving around in a "rover" position just picking the open gap to shoot on 3rd and long? Deadly.

The bottom line is, and I said this before, I don't have a problem bringing Manning in, even at his asking price if we know for sure that he can throw the ball and run the offense like he did in 2010 for the Colts. Anything less just isn't very smart for the future and seems like a desperate move on the Broncos staff to "win now" forsaking all else. I'd rather build for the future using this extra money we have now signing younger players in their prime than a guy who might get you 2 good years without the supporting cast to win it all.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Nobody is saying that OR saying Tebow is a better QB than Manning. But this Manning has a LOT of question marks, besides just age. His health is a concern and if he can play an entire Season and withstand the abuse.

Tebow did lead a crappy Broncos team to the Playoffs and a big win. He showed in the Pitt game he can throw downfield too. Let him ge tbetter and build around him. This constant merry-go-round is terrible. I want some consistency.
    I believe way too many people are thinking of Peyton Manning in his prime, not thinking of what he may now be, after 4 neck surgeries, after sitting out a full year, etc. This may not now be the Peyton Manning everyone watched before his injury.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

From Michelle Beisner: Per Broncos team source: There is speculation that talks could continue between Manning and The Broncos at some point on Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

12. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    From Michelle Beisner: Per Broncos team source: There is speculation that talks could continue between Manning and The Broncos at some point on Saturday.
    According to Spano, Klis and Lombardi, Manning is still in Denver right now (2:30 PM MST). They must be doing more than just giving him the tour. I don't think the Broncos want him to get to Miami. If he visits there, I have a feeling he'll sign there and they think that, too.

14. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I believe way too many people are thinking of Peyton Manning in his prime, not thinking of what he may now be, after 4 neck surgeries, after sitting out a full year, etc. This may not now be the Peyton Manning everyone watched before his injury.
    Do you bet on Manning being close to what he once was, or do you bet on Tebow learning to read defences and learning to throw? I'll take the risk of Manning coming back if I have a choice.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    12:05 PM: Not sure about this information, but Brandon Spanos reports that Tim Tebow isn't taking this Manning thing well: From what I have been told, Tebow's camp is furious. I love Tim, but it makes no sense to me. Your team has opportunity to get the G.O.A.T...Not surprised that Tebow is not talking to the media. His family is up in arms and Robbie has made it known. CAA been controlling the fire.

Hard to blame Tebow. Any competitor in this situation would be privately seething. The psychology books call for calm, however. Carol Dwek, author of Mindset, would probably say Tebow needs to relax and try to use this experience as a growth opportunity--a chance to learn, so to speak. But what if you've been trying to do that for two years already?

12:03 PM: Lombardi en fuego on this Manning story. He reports: Manning expected to visit other teams before making decision. Told that he came away very impressed with Pat Bowlen. Same goals...Keep in mind, pretty fluid situation. He may just like it here enough to stay. Broncos awaiting his next move.

READ THE REST OF THE UPDATES:
    http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...rumors-3-10-12
    When you say Tebow camp what are we talking about here? Tebow himself? His agent? Family? Fanboi's? What?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I think you mean the biggest free agent since Jake Plummer...
    Who?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    According to Spano, Klis and Lombardi, Manning is still in Denver right now (2:30 PM MST). They must be doing more than just giving him the tour. I don't think the Broncos want him to get to Miami. If he visits there, I have a feeling he'll sign there and they think that, too.
    Yeah, or he could be waiting until this evening to head to AZ.

Kurt Warner was having some sort of charity event at the Cardinals facility today and I have heard speculation that Manning is waiting until it's over before he shows up (doesn't want to take the spot light away from Kurt).....of course, that is just speculation (with maybe a little wishful thinking mixed in from the Cardinal fans).
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Tim Tebow described as “rattled” over Peyton Manning’s Denver visitTebow is making appearances in Tampa this weekend to raise money for wounded war veterans, and he had said he would speak to reporters. But Nicole Darin, sports anchor at WTSP-TV, reports that Tebow is rattled by Manning’s visit with the Broncos and refused to speak with the media as originally promised.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-denver-visit
    Tebow is being such a bitch, he needs to fly to Denver and help show manning around.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

The Colts' team Manning played with was much closer to our current team than you're giving them credit for (except for all the probowl caliber receivers) and you expect Manning to be the guy to magically get us over the hump?
    I like his chances far better than Tebow's. Sorry.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Nicole Darin ‏ @NicoleDarin Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    To be clear: Did not talk to Tebow. Don't know if he's rattled. It's just my speculation since he cancelled availability today.

get off the hate train -- He's making appearances for wounded veterans and doesn't want to overshadow the event with the next Denver Broncos Soap Opera..

24. The Following User High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information