Page 2 of 154 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Manning Rumors/Updates

You phrase in a dismissive type of way, but I fail to see your logic in saying "**** 'em. Bring on Peyton Manning". I'll admit, I have only been a broncos fan since Tebow was drafted, but that's still two solid years and I think I've been rather level-headed.

I would rate Tebow's performance at QB as a 4/10 earlier in the year, but improved to about a 5-6/10 as the year progressed. He's performed about as well as I expected him to perform. I always thought he was going to be more of a 3-4 year project before he became a competent QB in the NFL. He helped the Broncos win a lot of late games that they probably shouldn't have won, but it did provide for a pretty damn exciting year to watch.

...yet for the people who are willing to trash the current QB for Peyton Manning, I just do not get it. Manning didn't become a free agent simply because his contract was up. He's 36 years old, coming off an entire year of being inactive with 3-4 neck surgeries with reports that his arm strength is no where near 100%. I think the Colts didn't just give him up to avoid paying out $28 million. If it was just $28 million, with everything else being equal from 2010, he would still be in Indianapolis.

It's nothing like the Reggie White situation.

And even if Manning comes in completely healthy, this is more a 1-2 year deal. If I rated Tebow as a 5-6/10, I would rate the DT position as that or lower. Von Miller was a great linebacker, but the rest of the corps were very average at best. When Dawkins went out, the secondary looked very poor. Neither he nor Champ Bailey are going to be around after next season and Dawkins is likely already gone. The defense had 5 games where they surrendered more than 40 points.

Upgrading the QB position doesn't fix the defense and Peyton is likely going to want to be paid as the 'biggest free agent name in forever. He's probably also going to want some complimentary parts in free agency or the NFL draft. I was honestly hoping for 2-3 upgrades for in the FA market with a couple high-round draft picks JUST for defense. With Manning, you sacrifice too much and you only get 1-2 years in return. It's just not worth it, imo. I'm honestly surprised that more Broncos fans are not more 'pissed'. But that's just like, my opinion, man.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived gatorpower For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Andrew Luck also had a little to do with them cutting Manning. Their plan is clearly to tear it apart and start the future now. Even if Manning is fully healthy that's likely still their plan. I'm not going to take them cutting him as a sign he is damaged goods.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Most of us are hoping our one guy is Peyton Manning for a few years. That'll put a quick end to the controversies.
    Yea, maybe it will be a double bonus and there will be two Payton/Peytons in the backfield....

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Yea, maybe it will be a double bonus and ther ewill be two Payton/Peytons in the backfield....
    The fact that a team as talent-deprived as the Browns could not get rid of Hillis fast enough tells me all I need to know about him.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Yea, maybe it will be a double bonus and there will be two Payton/Peytons in the backfield....
    If you're talking about Peyton Hillis, I don't think he has the type of character EFX are trying to fill the locker room with. Huge pass on Hillis, guys a flake and already starting to break down physically.
    If not me, who?

9. The Following User High Fived bcbronc For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

With the awesome, powerful Colts... in his prime..

Peyton Manning won 1 superbowl in 2007.

He has a losing record in the playoffs overall.. 9-10..

I dont see an older, injured PM as a "guarantee" that the Broncos will win a Superbowl in the next 3 years.
    AFC WEST Champions
    Steelers HATE US.

11. The Following 9 Users High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post

I dont see an older, injured PM as a "guarantee" that the Broncos will win a Superbowl in the next 3 years.
    Good point. I'd rather EFX and Bowlen make a move that guarantees us a Superbowl.
    If not me, who?

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived bcbronc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post

True, but you see anybody else give us those kinds of odds?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc View Post
    Good point. I'd rather EFX and Bowlen make a move that guarantees us a Superbowl.
    Post of the day!

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by gatorpower View Post
    You phrase in a dismissive type of way, but I fail to see your logic in saying "**** 'em. Bring on Peyton Manning". I'll admit, I have only been a broncos fan since Tebow was drafted, but that's still two solid years and I think I've been rather level-headed.

I would rate Tebow's performance at QB as a 4/10 earlier in the year, but improved to about a 5-6/10 as the year progressed. He's performed about as well as I expected him to perform. I always thought he was going to be more of a 3-4 year project before he became a competent QB in the NFL. He helped the Broncos win a lot of late games that they probably shouldn't have won, but it did provide for a pretty damn exciting year to watch.

...yet for the people who are willing to trash the current QB for Peyton Manning, I just do not get it. Manning didn't become a free agent simply because his contract was up. He's 36 years old, coming off an entire year of being inactive with 3-4 neck surgeries with reports that his arm strength is no where near 100%. I think the Colts didn't just give him up to avoid paying out $28 million. If it was just $28 million, with everything else being equal from 2010, he would still be in Indianapolis.

It's nothing like the Reggie White situation.

And even if Manning comes in completely healthy, this is more a 1-2 year deal. If I rated Tebow as a 5-6/10, I would rate the DT position as that or lower. Von Miller was a great linebacker, but the rest of the corps were very average at best. When Dawkins went out, the secondary looked very poor. Neither he nor Champ Bailey are going to be around after next season and Dawkins is likely already gone. The defense had 5 games where they surrendered more than 40 points.

Upgrading the QB position doesn't fix the defense and Peyton is likely going to want to be paid as the 'biggest free agent name in forever. He's probably also going to want some complimentary parts in free agency or the NFL draft. I was honestly hoping for 2-3 upgrades for in the FA market with a couple high-round draft picks JUST for defense. With Manning, you sacrifice too much and you only get 1-2 years in return. It's just not worth it, imo. I'm honestly surprised that more Broncos fans are not more 'pissed'. But that's just like, my opinion, man.
    Tim Tebow is not Peyton Manning on Peyton Manning's worst day. Manning has always had below average defenses (or average at best) and has managed to win games, go to the playoffs, and win a Super Bowl. If Tebow's family is pissed because their Timmy might get pushed back a little because the team he plays for has a chance to sign one of the greatest, if not the greatest QB ever, then pee on them because they're selfish. The Broncos are one of the most successful franchises in league history and the front office wants to win games because they're good, not because they get lucky. Peyton Manning is the difference between being good and being lucky. Manning knows he can't command $20 mil a year now. I bet who ever signs him doesn't pay him more than $10-12 mil per year.

I'm not "pissed" because I don't care for Tebow as a QB. I enjoy watching him but I get pissed more watching him more than I enjoy it. I hate the fourth quarter heroics. I hate that for three and a half quarters his head is up his ass along with the rest of the play calling and everything else. It stresses me out. I'd rather have a 36 year old Peyton Manning coming off of a year away from the game than Tim Tebow.

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Another offseason. Another offseason with a QB circus.

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Screw the "Tebow Camp". The decision to sign/not sign Manning is all about what's best for the Broncos and getting the team into the Super Bowl. It never has been and never will be about Tebow or any other individual on the team. Why do I constantly have to remind the Tebowites of this???

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived LTC Pain For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

I love how EFX is building continuity with this team.. 1 messed up over the hill HOFer and his hordes of ex colts to dazzle us with promises of a better life than the one we are building..

It's like banging the prom queen at the 10th year reunion after she's squeezed out a few pups and has her divorce weight tucked up in her spanks. --- just not the same you'd thought it be..

24. The Following User High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

I guess the Tebow circus is somehow different than the Manning circus

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    I love how EFX is building continuity with this team.. 1 messed up over the hill HOFer and his hordes of ex colts to dazzle us with promises of a better life than the one we are building..

It's like banging the prom queen at the 10th year reunion after she's squeezed out a few pups and has her divorce weight tucked up in her spanks. --- just not the same you'd thought it be..
    I was thinking the same thing, it's like getting rid of your super hot young girlfriend with some flaws for Angelina Jolie if she was 2 years away from menopause. Not worth it IMO.

27. The Following User High Fived broncobryce For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information