Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Manning Scares Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    TT is the ONLY things that has kept the broncos relevant. To lose him would be devastating.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

If we swing and miss on Manning I just hope we give Tebow this season. My fear would be wasting a first round draft pick on the close to retirement rookie and giving up on Tebow for him. Not a big Weeden fan.

To the people thinking Tebow should demand a trade or be all pissy over this, give it up. It's not like we're desperately trying to land a mediocre FA, it's Peyton Freaking Manning. Tebow's a big boy, he may be rubbed a little the wrong way but he'll come in and compete like a grown up if we get Manning or not.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Only if Elway would call Manning the GOAT, he'd be signed by now. I wonder what Franky T thinks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Only if Elway would call Manning the GOAT, he'd be signed by now. I wonder what Franky T thinks.
    Maybe Manning and John got in a big pissing match last night. Elway just keeps saying "two to one bitch! Now cut THAT meat!"
    Let's Rid3!!!!

7. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Shaz, I think you are WAY over reacting. What about the "D"? They weren't relevant. Losing Tebow is and wouldn't be the end of the world. Matter of fact, I wouldn't mind seeing him go. He's a great person no doubt but he's not an elite QB by any means.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Maybe Manning and John got in a big pissing match last night. Elway just keeps saying "two to one bitch! Now cut THAT meat!"
    I wonder if they tried to get Manning liquored up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I wonder if they tried to get Manning liquored up.
    What do you suppose Manning drinks? Mojitos?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

For the reasons you stated I hope that if Denver scores Manning they don't immediately trade Tebow.

For one thing, his value might actually rise while on the bench in Denver as Palmer's did. Also if for any reason something happens to Manning where he can't go you have Tebow with Manning in the film room. Only risk in that scenario I see is to Bowlen's pocketbook.

Lastly, I still would love to see Denver try out Tebow at TE if he's not going to play QB this year for the Broncos.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Am I the ONLY ONE scared to death at this Manning the Bronco issue??

I'm not going to sit here and tell you all Tim Tebow is a better QB than Peyton Manning because that's lunacy.

HOWEVER -

Tebow took a garbage team, a squad that has been floundering in mediocrity, injected life into it and made it a national phenom. Denver was once again a hot ticket on TV, the hottest since the Championship years, and everywhere I turned, Tebow and the Broncos was a talking point. Tebow bought leadership and inspired the whole team. With an organization starved for a face of the franchise player and QB of the future, you couldn't ask for a better posterboy. Sure, his mechanics need work, but with a full offseason and a year of starting experience, he will get better. Evidenced by the Pittsburgh game, he did make progress. Denver is also a team full of holes, we all hope they can bring in some FAs and have a good Draft to improve the core and build around Tebow...

This is how we reward him? After being declared the starter going into 2012?

Nobody even knows if Manning can return to 2010 form. There are many health risks involved. He's 36, not 29... Tebow can be the leader here for 10+ years.

I get that Manning is a Hall of Famer, and the most coveted FA of all time, but we needed a QB for so long, after the Cutler fiasco did we not learn our lesson? Kyle Orton was never going to be the answer, even McDaniels knew this after one Season. We all knew this, especially in the first game of 2011 when he fumbled a pass when he wasn't even under great pressure in the Oakland opener (sorry Top).

I'm sure Tebow is pissed right now, although I understand he is a professional and a competitor, he must feell this organization isn't committed to him. With or without Manning, if I were him, I'd ask to be traded.

I'd HATE to see Tebow flourish in Miami or Jacksonville and watch him kick the Broncos' asses.

I know most of you will think I'm crazy, but no way Tebow will stay if we acquire Manning. This coiuld really blow up in the Broncos' faces, and now they've put themselves at a crossroads.

I'm not happy about this move at all.
    I totally agree. No one will convince me that Irsay is STUPID enough to let "The Peyton Manning" go, if Irsay felt he physically was still "the man". And no way Irsay would WANT to start all over - get rid of Manning, and other veterans, if he felt Manning would be "The Manning" for a couple more years - would be there to mentor Luck.

And, out of the 3 teams being reported to be at the top of Manning's list - Denver is by far the farthest from what Manning is used to - no dome, chance of playing in snow, or cold weather, on a consistent basis, etc.

One article I read this morning stated that Manning may just be using the Broncos as a starting point, to see what other teams would offer, compared to the Broncos.

And there is the chance that one hit could put Manning out - then what if Tebow has been traded - ONCE AGAIN - START ALL OVER??????

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I totally agree. No one will convince me that Irsay is STUPID enough to let "The Peyton Manning" go, if Irsay felt he physically was still "the man". And no way Irsay would WANT to start all over - get rid of Manning, and other veterans, if he felt Manning would be "The Manning" for a couple more years - would be there to mentor Luck.

And, out of the 3 teams being reported to be at the top of Manning's list - Denver is by far the farthest from what Manning is used to - no dome, chance of playing in snow, or cold weather, on a consistent basis, etc.

One article I read this morning stated that Manning may just be using the Broncos as a starting point, to see what other teams would offer, compared to the Broncos.

And there is the chance that one hit could put Manning out - then what if Tebow has been traded - ONCE AGAIN - START ALL OVER??????
    This. I don't believe he's coming here, I think he scheduled us first for a reason. He knows Denver has tons of cap room and can use us to drive his price up for Arizona or Miami.
    Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I think anyone who isn't at least a little bit nervous is probably a little bit dumb. Manning had four surgeries to fix his neck and he's been off for a whole year. That's reason to be concerned, but not "scared to death". This is, after all, Peyton Manning we are talking about.
    I'm pretty nervous about the situation myself.

Reports today are that Manning hasnt reginerated his arm strength. That could take years.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

17. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    If we swing and miss on Manning I just hope we give Tebow this season. My fear would be wasting a first round draft pick on the close to retirement rookie and giving up on Tebow for him. Not a big Weeden fan.

To the people thinking Tebow should demand a trade or be all pissy over this, give it up. It's not like we're desperately trying to land a mediocre FA, it's Peyton Freaking Manning. Tebow's a big boy, he may be rubbed a little the wrong way but he'll come in and compete like a grown up if we get Manning or not.
    My bet would be that he is more pissy about the Weeden thing than the Manning thing, besides I think he is in FL right now so not likely local media has any clue what he is thinking

Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable. -
    Mark Twain

I am a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the luckier I become-Thomas Jefferson

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    My bet would be that he is more pissy about the Weeden thing than the Manning thing, besides I think he is in FL right now so not likely local media has any clue what he is thinking
    He's at a training academy that he owns and has declined to speak with Tampa media.

Robbie Tebow is apparently talking to Spano.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Denver is also a team full of holes, we all hope they can bring in some FAs and have a good Draft
    This is my problem with the Manning scenario. My fear is the cost of Manning. It could become so great a cost that we get him here but are too strapped to make the moves this team needs to make to be legitimate contenders for the Super Bowl. This team has a ton of holes. It is hard to tell whether we have more holes than Indy. After all, Manning appeared to be worth 8 wins alone in Indy. I also wouldn't want to make this deal and it be good for one season maybe two and then we are back at ground zero.

I feel like we paid our dues. We got through the bad debt and the doldrum years that were the final portion of the Shanahan era. We got through the hurricane that was McDaniels. We are young and pretty good. Tebow takes all the spotlight which allows other players to grow and flourish without the pressure because it is all on Tebow. I want to see what Tebow can do this year. If he shows enough improvement give it another year.

I guess this just smacks of the end of the Shanny era. Making a run at an over the hill FA that helps but not enough and leaves us strapped.

if I were him, I'd ask to be traded.
    I sincerely hope Tebow doesn't ask to be traded. I would understand if he does. However, this could be the most IDEAL situation for him whether he stays here or not. He gets to learn how a pocket surgeon works AND how he watches film AND how he prepares every week AND STILL gets to (presumably) work with Elway a mobile QB like himself.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

O.k., I'm a huge Tebow fan. I would like to see us continue to develop him.

I'm also a huge Manning fan, and have been since his college days. I would love to see him finish his career in Denver. With Manning we go to the playoffs next year wiht a next to impossible schedule. With Tebow we win 6-8 games next year.

Here's the thing that I don't think is getting much air time: Denver will need to spend $25m/yr for Manning. If they are willing to spend that coin on Manning, why won't they spend it on other holes to support Tebow? With that type of doe, we could sign guys like the eagles did last year (Mario Williams, Jason Jones, Dan Conner, Brandon Carr, Carlos Rogers, Carl Nicks, etc.).

If they're willing to break the bank to get Manning...why won't they do it without Manning?

Would you rather have Manning at 35yrs old and a broke neck, OR
    Tebow at 25yrs old along with Mario Williams, Dan Conner, Brandon Carr, and Carl Nicks?

That's the reality of this discussion. I'll support whatever happens....but, I'm not sold, that simply signing Manning is the best thing for the Broncos.

23. The Following 8 Users High Fived hamrob For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information