Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Your Top 5 Bands...

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Let's just assume King is right with this silly conspiracy theory that Taylor Swift is a dumb bimbo who can't write a song to save her life and instead steals words from other people and takes credit for it.

Led Zeppelin basically stole their songs from their influences, and yet they are still among the greatest bands in history. The Beatles got big by stealing old rhythm and blues songs from others. Same for the Stones.

Elvis stole his music, Bob Dylan did some of that too, MLK plagiarized his college thesis or w/e.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I'm a ghost, man. Just someone banging out words on a message board to kill time that I never even wanted in the first place.
    Bro.

I just converted to the church of Taylor.

But your barbecues were so fun. I'll never forget. xoxo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

The best career money can buy! Just dump a ton of money in your career, make basic bubblegum pop/country music, be really pretty, and churn out earworms!

FWIW, I rock with the fact she re-recorded her music. Keep your IP on the up-and-up. If Abe was a real fan he'd listen to that and stop giving a guy who Taylor felt like was a predator in the industry money.
    Unfortunately, some of her Taylor's Version recordings kinda blow in comparison to the original. Plus I'm an OG fan so it's hard for me to hear an old woman sing the lyrics to Fifteen.

I respect her for sticking it to the Scoot, but also she's not running out of any money anytime soon...and I have her OG recordings on CD so I won't let the Swifties shame me into shunning the original versions!

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Just because you like skinny girls with no tits doesn't mean I'm a conspiracy theorist. But hey, if you can't beat an actual argument, just cling to that.
    I'm actually not that physically attracted to her to be honest, plus she's too tall for me anyway.

While using youtube to compile my T-Swift list I got an ad that wanted me to take a quiz to see if I'm gay

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Let's just assume King is right with this silly conspiracy theory that Taylor Swift is a dumb bimbo who can't write a song to save her life and instead steals words from other people and takes credit for it.

Led Zeppelin basically stole their songs from their influences, and yet they are still among the greatest bands in history. The Beatles got big by stealing old rhythm and blues songs from others. Same for the Stones.

Elvis stole his music, Bob Dylan did some of that too, MLK plagiarized his college thesis or w/e.

I didn't say she was dumb or a bimbo. I would imagine anyone who knew their value of their music and re-recorded it is pretty smart. Prince made it a point to own his IP. I would also argue that TS does a good job navigating the sexism that has been hurled at her. And it has been. Which is why I take umbrage with your implications as they are unfair. I merely point out that she falls into your type of woman that you adore (you're such an egomaniac you want someone like you: skinny and flat-chested), and you also have a history of being a dumb fanboy. Which, in my defense, is true. I don't think she's stealing when she co-writes as that's asinine. I do also think it's just as asinine to gloss over the co-writing thing, or pretend that nothing stops people from claiming what they want on credits when they're in TS's cash cow position.

You laid out a bunch of reasons why those artists have diminished themselves. MLK Jr. should have felt shame for cheating; but he atoned for that sin numerous times over. If anything, I think your post serves as a wonderful argument for me to make, unless you're going with the "well if you're super successful it doesn't matter," argument, which is fine...but probably not the strongest.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I'm actually not that physically attracted to her to be honest, plus she's too tall for me anyway.

While using youtube to compile my T-Swift list I got an ad that wanted me to take a quiz to see if I'm gay
    As a bisexual man, I can tell you that you're not smart, cool, or sophisticated enough to be LGTBQ. No worries.

7. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Unfortunately, some of her Taylor's Version recordings kinda blow in comparison to the original. Plus I'm an OG fan so it's hard for me to hear an old woman sing the lyrics to Fifteen.

I respect her for sticking it to the Scoot, but also she's not running out of any money anytime soon...and I have her OG recordings on CD so I won't let the Swifties shame me into shunning the original versions!
    Just don't stream it!

9. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Bro.

I just converted to the church of Taylor.

But your barbecues were so fun. I'll never forget. xoxo
    That ether, that shit to make your soul burn slow.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Well this thread went to shit fast......

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Well this thread went to shit fast......
    They made me do it.

13. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

16. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

More my speed.

18. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

lmao.

North comes in with Napalm Death Vermiculite to put out the chemical fire raging in aisle 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

It's too bad this band only put out 1 good album.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information