Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Top 5 Bands...

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNut View Post
    I didnt realize you 2 were so tight. I can feel the passion through your exchanges. I wish you both the best.
    I didn't say he rode the King. With all respect to Buff, I've had better men and women.

2. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNut View Post
    Hang and Abe. Kindly be quiet. Check this shit out between King and Buff. They've each used the word "presupposes" some serious shit!
    There's a man's entire life in that top 5 list sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    1. Radiohead
    2. The Beatles
    3. Mum
    4. Rush
    5. Alice in Chains

Honorable Mentions: The White Stripes, Bob Dylan, Neutral Milk Hotel
    My new list, 13 years later:

1. The Strokes
    2. The Beatles
    3. Taylor Swift
    4. Vampire Weekend
    5. Prince

6. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

My new list, 13 years later:

1. The Strokes
    2. The Beatles
    3. Taylor Swift
    4. Vampire Weekend
    5. Prince
    Beatles weren't very good. I don't know the Strokes, so they're bad. Taylor Swiift is a hack. Vampire Wknd at least sounds good. Prince is a solid pick.

Overall, I give your list an A because it works for you, but also an F because you're a POS.

8. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

@Buff:

You still a pouty ho.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem / The Dagda View Post
    5. Britney Spears
    4. Bill Devaroe and the Southern Flag Flyers
    3. Genie in the Bottle (Girl who did that song.)
    2. Daft Punk
    1. Kenny G
    Free Dream!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Beatles weren't very good. I don't know the Strokes, so they're bad. Taylor Swiift is a hack. Vampire Wknd at least sounds good. Prince is a solid pick.

Overall, I give your list an A because it works for you, but also an F because you're a POS.

The only good artist on there is Prince and the Beatles so his list gets a D.

12. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The only good artist on there is Prince and the Beatles so his list gets a D.

T-Swift, in addition to obviously being one of our generational pop stars, is one of the great modern singer songwriters. In relation to the all-time great singer-songwriters - Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, etc - she is there. Prolific, and has not released a bad album, no cap.

I am prepared to die on this hill.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

One day you will learn to appreciate her as an artist even if you don't like the sound of her music!!! Free yourself from the mindset that sees her as just a late 2000s annoying pop star with no musical talent...because it's not true!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

One day you will learn to appreciate her as an artist even if you don't like the sound of her music!!! Free yourself from the mindset that sees her as just a late 2000s annoying pop star with no musical talent...because it's not true!!!
    I can appreciate her as artist, at least in her genre. I just dont find her an amazing song writer at least compared to individuals like Prince who was a part of that same genre. One thing i will give her credit for though is the ability to crossover from country to pop and not miss a beat. Took guts to do that from a career perspective.

18. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

T-Swift, in addition to obviously being one of our generational pop stars, is one of the great modern singer songwriters. In relation to the all-time great singer-songwriters - Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, etc - she is there. Prolific, and has not released a bad album, no cap.

I may enlist in your army. I'll give her some airtime.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

20. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I can appreciate her as artist, at least in her genre. I just dont find her an amazing song writer at least compared to individuals like Prince who was a part of that same genre. One thing i will give her credit for though is the ability to crossover from country to pop and not miss a beat. Took guts to do that from a career perspective.
    I say this as a Prince lover...I think T-Swift might be a better songwriter and a better (or at least more consistent) artist. Perhaps I am a prisoner of this moment since I've been on a Swifty kick lately. They both have similarities at the very least, in that they are both iconic superstars before they are music artists, and they both produce/d a shit load of "in the vault" work. Prolific with a capital P. Ooh, this is an interesting comparison. I'll just say that Prince made maybe 5 classic, great, super acclaimed albums, and some of the stuff he put out was pretty garbage. Taylor Swift has so far made at least 5, but I would argue more than 5, and doesn't have an album that is garbage.

My new goal today: I'm gonna make a playlist that showcases what I believe to be her best work, the work that puts her up there with the all-time greats.

22. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I say this as a Prince lover...I think T-Swift might be a better songwriter and a better (or at least more consistent) artist. Perhaps I am a prisoner of this moment since I've been on a Swifty kick lately. They both have similarities at the very least, in that they are both iconic superstars before they are music artists, and they both produce/d a shit load of "in the vault" work. Prolific with a capital P. Ooh, this is an interesting comparison. I'll just say that Prince made maybe 5 classic, great, super acclaimed albums, and some of the stuff he put out was pretty garbage. Taylor Swift has so far made at least 5, but I would argue more than 5, and doesn't have an album that is garbage.

My new goal today: I'm gonna make a playlist that showcases what I believe to be her best work, the work that puts her up there with the all-time greats.
    /subscribe

also, linky that shit

24. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Let's meet in the middle and just have you die.

She doesn't write her own songs, btw. You're a dunce if you believe that.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information