Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why is Everyone so HOT on McFadden and Jackson?

Adopted Bronco:
    Craig Morton / Haven Moses

Default Why is Everyone so HOT on McFadden and Jackson?

Why is everyone so hot on McFadden?

Being an SEC football junkie having gone to school and Florida, I do not think he is as unbelievable a player as everyone makes him out to be.

He runs a little too upright for my liking, and trust me, he is no Eric Dickerson to he will probably get a few too many kill shots in the NFL. The SEC's best defenses have neutralized him.

Last year he had Mitch Mustain to relieve some of the pressure, but I have seen better runners out of the SEC in the past decade, Travis Henry / Jamal Lewis / Sean Alexander all come to mind. I think he is good, but I wouldn't spend a high #1 draft pick on him. I would even say he is the second best rusher this year behind Mike Hart. Now there is a guy carrying a horrible team on his shoulders.

Now why is everyone so HOT on DeShaun Jackson?

Looks like another Ted Ginn / Reggie Bush pick to me. Now everyone will tell me what about that game on Sunday when Reggie slashed the Seahawks on all those runs. Well that won't last long and quite frankly, the seahawks suck.

Bush can't outrun everyone and eventually one of the defenses will figure it out and everyone else will copy the game plan. Without a Deuce McAllister to carry the load, Reggie Bush is average.

Unless DeShaun Jackson has a good number 1 receiver to play off of, he will be relegated to being average. Waste of a good pick if you ask me.

How about I be the first one to say it because no one else will.

If Denver feels the need to move up in the draft and get a top 10 pick (which I don't think they will) they need to get some gumption and go after Glenn Dorsey. That guy is worth the price of admission and would be a good start at fixing our biggest problem, the interior defensive line. All these other bozos chatting about RB's and WR's are just fools. Screw MdFadden and Jackson, I want them to pick a big boy, that can play down in the middle and control the gaps.

IMO, The three hardest positions to fill on the field are, in order, QB, CB, DT.

The fourth is Left Tackle and I would venture to say after that it would be a toss up between Center (the guy who anchors the line and potentially calls the protection) and WR. We don't need another running back.

We addressed two of the three positions effectively, now we need to address DT in the first round.
    Give a man a match and he will be warm for a moment, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by eessydo View Post

Being an SEC football junkie having gone to school and Florida, I do not think he is as unbelievable a player as everyone makes him out to be.

He runs a little too upright for my liking, and trust me, he is no Eric Dickerson to he will probably get a few too many kill shots in the NFL. The SEC's best defenses have neutralized him.

Last year he had Mitch Mustain to relieve some of the pressure, but I have seen better runners out of the SEC in the past decade, Travis Henry / Jamal Lewis / Sean Alexander all come to mind. I think he is good, but I wouldn't spend a high #1 draft pick on him. I would even say he is the second best rusher this year behind Mike Hart. Now there is a guy carrying a horrible team on his shoulders.
    Mustain didn't relieve much pressure off of McFadden, hence the reason they had to constantly go to the Wildcat (now Wildhawg) offense, with no QB. Mustain wasn't a play maker.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Now why is everyone so HOT on DeShaun Jackson?

Looks like another Ted Ginn / Reggie Bush pick to me. Now everyone will tell me what about that game on Sunday when Reggie slashed the Seahawks on all those runs. Well that won't last long and quite frankly, the seahawks suck.

Bush can't outrun everyone and eventually one of the defenses will figure it out and everyone else will copy the game plan. Without a Deuce McAllister to carry the load, Reggie Bush is average.

Unless DeShaun Jackson has a good number 1 receiver to play off of, he will be relegated to being average. Waste of a good pick if you ask me.

How about I be the first one to say it because no one else will.

If Denver feels the need to move up in the draft and get a top 10 pick (which I don't think they will) they need to get some gumption and go after Glenn Dorsey. That guy is worth the price of admission and would be a good start at fixing our biggest problem, the interior defensive line. All these other bozos chatting about RB's and WR's are just fools. Screw MdFadden and Jackson, I want them to pick a big boy, that can play down in the middle and control the gaps.

IMO, The three hardest positions to fill on the field are, in order, QB, CB, DT.

The fourth is Left Tackle and I would venture to say after that it would be a toss up between Center (the guy who anchors the line and potentially calls the protection) and WR. We don't need another running back.

We addressed two of the three positions effectively, now we need to address DT in the first round.
    Talent wise, Arkansas has probably been in the middle of the pack as far as SEC schools go during his time there. And as has been mentioned, he hasnt really had any kind of a passing game. Last year there was Monk and thats pretty much it but this year even he is injured. Basically, he has performed in the toughest conference even with the defenses being able to focus on him exclusively due to the lack of any kind of a respectable passing game. Plus he is 210-220 and can run 4.3-4.4 ish. I think he's the best size/speed combo guy since Bo Jackson. Alexander was good but I dont think he was as fluid as McFadden is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Craig Morton / Haven Moses

Default Mustain

On the eyeball test, Mustain was the most talented freshman stater in the SEC last year. Looked better than both Tebow and Matt Stafford.

I went to Florida and have to say that Tebow is vastly over rated. Mustain has the goods, USC will be a serious contender as long as they have Mustain tossing around the football.

Considering they featured an almost exclusive rushing attack in his first year there Mustain still put up decent numbers which relieved some pressure on McFadden,

894 yards passing, completing 69 out of 132 passes with 10 touchdowns in 8 games as a starter. Not bad for a true freshman if you ask me.

I still am eyeing Hart over McFadden currently have about the same stats, but with McFadden putting a bulk of those up against powderpuff competition.
    Hart has a crappier team and can get it done against top 10 OR powderpuff opponents.

McFadden can make me a believer if he can get it done down the stretch when he plays South Carolina, Tennessee and LSU.

All a moot point anyway, Denver should not be looking to grab a running back in the first round. Too many good ones in the 2nd 3rd 4th rounds. DT should be the priority.
    Give a man a match and he will be warm for a moment, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

On the eyeball test, Mustain was the most talented freshman stater in the SEC last year. Looked better than both Tebow and Matt Stafford.

I went to Florida and have to say that Tebow is vastly over rated. Mustain has the goods, USC will be a serious contender as long as they have Mustain tossing around the football.

Considering they featured an almost exclusive rushing attack in his first year there Mustain still put up decent numbers which relieved some pressure on McFadden,

894 yards passing, completing 69 out of 132 passes with 10 touchdowns in 8 games as a starter. Not bad for a true freshman if you ask me.

I still am eyeing Hart over McFadden currently have about the same stats, but with McFadden putting a bulk of those up against powderpuff competition.
    Hart has a crappier team and can get it done against top 10 OR powderpuff opponents.

McFadden can make me a believer if he can get it done down the stretch when he plays South Carolina, Tennessee and LSU.

All a moot point anyway, Denver should not be looking to grab a running back in the first round. Too many good ones in the 2nd 3rd 4th rounds. DT should be the priority.
    What does it mean exactly to say Mustain was better than the other freshmen, especially when you consider that Mustain did so well that he was benched later in the year?

Also you said Arkansas was a run first offense. Shouldnt that actually open up the pass for Mustain? Shouldnt that also mean the defense is more focused on McFadden? All youre really saying is that when he has any help, as little as it may be, hes capable of a great season but when you dont its hard to have success as a one man team. Plus this year they are without Ugoh and Monk.
    Last edited by lex; 10-18-2007 at 01:30 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Seriously, Casey ****, not much of a QB, so easy to key in on McFadden and Jones but they still make plays. That was the same knock on Adrian Peterson, runs to up right. Not looking to bad so far in the NFL.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

i havent seen much of mcfaden but i have heard his name for the past 2-3 years.

How would you compare him to adrain peterson (before AD was playing in the nfl)?

better, worse, same, not quite as good, or faster but less power etc.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    i havent seen much of mcfaden but i have heard his name for the past 2-3 years.

How would you compare him to adrain peterson (before AD was playing in the nfl)?

better, worse, same, not quite as good, or faster but less power etc.
    Theyre comparable. Id say McFadden and Peterson are very comparable. Theyre in the same ballpark in terms of speed. Maybe McFadden is a little faster. But I would say McFadden is a more fluid runner and doesnt have the injury history Peterson did. And McFadden also has a killer stiff arm.

so would i be safe to say that mcfaden might be a better back then AD? Does he have the same power to push through the pile, and break through the some tackles like AD. If so then he should also probably translate that success like AD has to the nfl.

If he really is almost a clone with a few pros/cons difference, then i might have to say that he would be a worthwhile pick for us.

I would have done anything for the broncos to get peterson in this last draft. but if MCF is equally good, if not maybe better then i would be 60%:40% drafting him instead of moving down.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    so would i be safe to say that mcfaden might be a better back then AD? Does he have the same power to push through the pile, and break through the some tackles like AD. If so then he should also probably translate that success like AD has to the nfl.

If he really is almost a clone with a few pros/cons difference, then i might have to say that he would be a worthwhile pick for us.

I would have done anything for the broncos to get peterson in this last draft. but if MCF is equally good, if not maybe better then i would be 60%:40% drafting him instead of moving down.
    Yeah, theres sentiment that he's a better pro prospect than Peterson. This guy could actually be better as a pro than a college player. Personally, I think he might be the best size/speed combo player to come out of the SEC since Bo Jackson. His third run was against LSU, whose defense is no joke. He also victimized Auburn in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcssslTgHBQ

Here is one with footage of both Peterson and McFadden. I think Peterson is a little more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qkx3d_NrVUstiff than McFadden.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Yeah, theres sentiment that he's a better pro prospect than Peterson. This guy could actually be better as a pro than a college player. Personally, I think he might be the best size/speed combo player to come out of the SEC since Bo Jackson. His third run was against LSU, whose defense is no joke. He also victimized Auburn in this video.

Here is one with footage of both Peterson and McFadden. I think Peterson is a little more

I could watch McFadden run all day long, he's unbelievable...There is no comparing Hart to McFadden...

McFadden's genius is subtle, there are no Barry Sanders moves....Watch that clip and pay attention to the defenders, McFadden sets up his blockers perfectly....I think McFadden is better than Peterson!

As far as Arkansas offense goes, McFadden IS their offense! He's all they have (Actually Peyton Hillis is a damn good football player too) and they struggle because of it. But I'd rather watch them struggle than watch Urban Meyers JUNK offense....
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 10-19-2007 at 10:08 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

This is an error and its not letting me edit. It should say that I think McFadden is more fluid than Peterson and by that I mean he has better lateral movement that allows him to react to tacklers.

This is an error and its not letting me edit. It should say that I think McFadden is more fluid than Peterson and by that I mean he has better lateral movement that allows him to react to tacklers.
    If by "not letting you edit" you mean that you click edit, and it opens a window for you to make your edit, but when you click save, the cursor just sits there spinning, that is a bug in vBulletin. When that happens, you need to click 'Go Advanced' , and then it will open the old style edit box (just like when you create a new post, and then you can click save. This will not be fixed until the next release of vBulletin, at the soonest.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    If by "not letting you edit" you mean that you click edit, and it opens a window for you to make your edit, but when you click save, the cursor just sits there spinning, that is a bug in vBulletin. When that happens, you need to click 'Go Advanced' , and then it will open the old style edit box (just like when you create a new post, and then you can click save. This will not be fixed until the next release of vBulletin, at the soonest.

Okay. Thanks.

well dam. That guys is a big boy and wow is he fast! Extremely fast. I consider myself a very tough critic when it comes to runningbacks. With that said, i didnt see any real demonstration of him with power. He ran into a couple of guys. and Bulldozed through one smaller saftey into the endzone, BUt all of his holes we HUGE.

He didnt have to push through guys at all, or break some tackles. Most of the time he ran right through great big holes. OR toook them around the corner. Dont get me wrong that is great! and he looks like the real deal, but still nothing to show that he can grind it out. OR when the o doesnt make holes for him. He can make his own.

Im sure that he can plow through the pile, but i just havent seen any tape of him doing, so. See if maybe you might be able to locate some plays where he broke some arm tackles and drove some defenders back. Im sure i am not the only one who would enjoy that.

overall id say he would be better than ad, but without seeing some of his power moves, i will not be convinced.

ps. Did i say bo jackson was my all time fav player.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information