Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronco Forums upgrade -- Ask questions & post any problems here

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by cbiweb View Post
    It's incredible how much micro-managing there is to this version. This is literally all I've been doing since 11:30pm last night, with a 3-hour nap and some desktop dining.
    You could probably get more done if you'd quit bragging about how hard you've been working.

2. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Is there a way to reduce the width of the orange spaces in between the different areas, where it may add some width then to the thread/post areas?

Also, I am looking at the last posts in the Denver Nuggets thread. Towards the bottom of the page it states - Similar Threads - the threads listed there have nothing to do with basketball. It has threads with the word official in it, as does the thread which created the Nuggets thread. Can the similar thread feature be removed from V Bulletin?
    Last edited by Denver Native (Carol); 03-07-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    You could probably get more done if you'd quit bragging about how hard you've been working.
    That was uncalled for. I was responding to Slick's statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I'm seeing the little changes as you make them. Good stuff.
    Simply making conversation regarding the little changes. You're conclusion that I'm bragging is a bit small-minded really.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Which version of Firefox are you using?? I have 10.0.2 and don't see anything like that.
    I'm also on 10.0.2 for Firefox. I got the full thread titles under the old VBulletin software yesterday.

And with the last log-in, the usernames have shrunk back to the original size. But, I can scroll up the thread and the usernames are the larger size. J hope this doesn't turn into one of those either/or settings where you have to accept one thing screwed up so you don't have something else screwed up.
    Last edited by OrangeHoof; 03-07-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

That was uncalled for. I was responding to Slick's statement:Simply making conversation regarding the little changes. You're conclusion that I'm bragging is a bit small-minded really.
    you could be busy for some time. Old timer dont like change. Good thing I am not old.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Testing, 1,2,3...

Crazy. I just tried you on IE instead of Firefox and the font for usernames looks right (still smaller on Firefox). The thread titles are still chopped off on IE, so it is not just FF.

Now, I've just hit refresh and the username fonts are fixed again. Weird.
    Last edited by OrangeHoof; 03-07-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

That was uncalled for. I was responding to Slick's statement:Simply making conversation regarding the little changes. You're conclusion that I'm bragging is a bit small-minded really.
    LOL.

I think he was just joking around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

The inner thread look is ok but part of the problem, not your fault just what you were dealt with,is I think the main forum index doesn't look to hot with the large orange flat headers.

I would spruce it up a bit with some images if you can, I am not proposing to buy a skin but here is a link to a live demo of a site with some forum and thread headers. Doing something similar might spruce the look up a little. http://www.completevb.com/demovb4/forum.php?styleid=9

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Is there a way to reduce the width of the orange spaces in between the different areas, where it may add some width then to the thread/post areas?

Also, I am looking at the last posts in the Denver Nuggets thread. Towards the bottom of the page it states - Similar Threads - the threads listed there have nothing to do with basketball. It has threads with the word official in it, as does the thread which created the Nuggets thread. Can the similar thread feature be removed from V Bulletin?
    But on the flipside I was looking at a thread about Peyton Manning and all of the similar threads were links to either news items (news forum or twitter feed) or threads about Manning.

Let's let things settle out a bit and see what's working well and what isn't, before we start disabling features.

Ok one thing that is really irritating is the little pop up box that ask if you want to stay or leave the page. It's just one extra step you have to take after you have already given the command to leave the page. Is there anyway that can be taken off?
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It's a little clunky using the browser on my Android, but now that I have a chance to use my iPad, I think it's great.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

To be honest with you, I don't like it. But then again, I hate changes and after being so use to how the site looked, it will take time. Just like every time, any site is changed. So we'll see how long it takes me to get used to this one.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Once some of the small graphic issues get fixed (icons, buttons and such) I think it's going to look pretty good.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Ok one thing that is really irritating is the little pop up box that ask if you want to stay or leave the page. It's just one extra step you have to take after you have already given the command to leave the page. Is there anyway that can be taken off?
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. I haven't been getting a popup anywhere. What page? When are you getting it?

If I arrow back and sometimes it's been glitching up even when I try and post a reply.

It never did it on the old site. It's a white pop up box and then you have to go click on it to give it a command.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information