Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronco Forums upgrade -- Ask questions & post any problems here

Default Bronco Forums upgrade -- Ask questions & post any problems here

Ok, we are upgraded. As I posted in the other thread, there are still some kinks that need to be worked out and there are some upgrade tasks running in the background that will impact performance thoughout the day.

vBulletin 4 is quite a bit different than vBulletin 3, so things look different and in some cases work different.

I will start working on a cheat sheet of the changes between VB 3 and VB 4, but in the meantime, ask any questions you have in this thread and anything you see that doesn't look right, looks broken or you would like different, post in this thread and I will compile a list and fix/change what we can.

One quick note. There is no longer a "User CP" link. Now, to see the things that used to be in the User CP (subscribed threads, PMs, MHS messages, etc.) click the "Settings" link in the upper left near the logout button.

UPDATE 1: The mobile.broncosforums.com feature is not currently working and may not work in the future. The way I did that isn't supported in vB4. However, if you go to the site on mobile phone and then go to the bottom left of the page, you can change the style to the Mobile style which is much better and full featured than the old mobile style/site.
    Last edited by Tned; 03-07-2012 at 08:42 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

In all seriousness tned, so far so good.

If you remember some Iphone/ipad users were having trouble whith getting kicked out while doing any quoting or starting new threads? That issue seems resolved, at least with the new "reply with quote" system. I'll try starting a new thread to see if that issue still exists there.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    In all seriousness tned, so far so good.

If you remember some Iphone/ipad users were having trouble whith getting kicked out while doing any quoting or starting new threads? That issue seems resolved, at least with the new "reply with quote" system. I'll try starting a new thread to see if that issue still exists there.
    Good to hear on the Iphone. The app was designed to work with vB 4, and they created a plugin for it to work with the older vBulletin we were on.

There is a new version of the Iphone app that I need to try and get compiled and submitted this week (then it will take a few weeks for Apple to approve).

See the "Update 1" note in my original post above for those previously using mobile.broncosforums.com.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Only real problem I've had is that my friend list was changed slightly?

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

The "View First Unread" link on the thread bar is orange on orange. There is a little bit of a contrast, but you can easily miss it if you don't see the little blue button there.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

the user names need to be bigger/bolder text-- right now it's no bigger than the text of the custom title. . .

it would be cool if the high five and quote could be buttons again, as opposed to just text. . .

the MHS button is nearly invisible against the background. . .

it seems that clay is still allowed on the site. . .

and my biggest peeve by far is a trivial little thing that i am really hating nonetheless. . . the quick navigation function is no longer quick. . . instead of clicking on the name of the sub-forum to return directly to it, you have to use the dropdown menu every time-- not a big deal, but it feels tremendously clunky. . .

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Only real problem I've had is that my friend list was changed slightly?
    I haven't even looked at the friend list (I don't have any friends ). What's different/wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    the user names need to be bigger/bolder text-- right now it's no bigger than the text of the custom title. . .

it would be cool if the high five and quote could be buttons again, as opposed to just text. . .

the MHS button is nearly invisible against the background. . .

it seems that clay is still allowed on the site. . .

and my biggest peeve by far is a trivial little thing that i am really hating nonetheless. . . the quick navigation function is no longer quick. . . instead of clicking on the name of the sub-forum to return directly to it, you have to use the dropdown menu every time-- not a big deal, but it feels tremendously clunky. . .
    We may be stuck with text for quote and high fives, but I'm definately hoping to get better colored icons that stand out more. The star for the hi-five is nearly invisible, so I'm hoping to get a little salute image made or something like that.

Username definately could use some increasting. I think in a number of areas the fonts seem small to me. Even on the list of threads.

I'm not sure I'm following on the quick navigation. If you are on the normal (not mobile) site, you can simply click on the name of the forum in the bread crumbs (Forums >> Football Forums >> Broncos Talk), which is what I normally did. So I might be missing what you are talking about/how you did it. Where are you saying you can't click on the name of the forum? Do you mean the quick navigation at the bottom of the list of threads? I'll take a look at that, I never use it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Tned, do a restore to the old site. Its not to late. I wont bitch about Tebow anymore.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    We may be stuck with text for quote and high fives, but I'm definately hoping to get better colored icons that stand out more. The star for the hi-five is nearly invisible, so I'm hoping to get a little salute image made or something like that.

Username definately could use some increasting. I think in a number of areas the fonts seem small to me. Even on the list of threads.

I'm not sure I'm following on the quick navigation. If you are on the normal (not mobile) site, you can simply click on the name of the forum in the bread crumbs (Forums >> Football Forums >> Broncos Talk), which is what I normally did. So I might be missing what you are talking about/how you did it. Where are you saying you can't click on the name of the forum? Do you mean the quick navigation at the bottom of the list of threads? I'll take a look at that, I never use it.

example: nine times out of ten, when i'm done reading or posting in a thread, i want to return to the sub-forum that thread's located in (lounge, town hall, draft, whatever). . . on the old site, i would simply click on "broncos talk" (or the "go" button next to it, can't remember) to return directly to that forum-- only using the dropdown when i wanted to go to a different sub-forum. . . on the new site that's not possible-- even when i click "broncos talk," it brings up the dropdown and i have to scroll and select the sub-forum. . .

like i said, obviously not a huge deal-- it just feels horribly clunky since i can't navigate as quickly or smoothly as the old site. . .

15. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

example: nine times out of ten, when i'm done reading or posting in a thread, i want to return to the sub-forum that thread's located in (lounge, town hall, draft, whatever). . . on the old site, i would simply click on "broncos talk" (or the "go" button next to it, can't remember) to return directly to that forum-- only using the dropdown when i wanted to go to a different sub-forum. . . on the new site that's not possible-- even when i click "broncos talk," it brings up the dropdown and i have to scroll and select the sub-forum. . .

like i said, obviously not a huge deal-- it just feels horribly clunky since i can't navigate as quickly or smoothly as the old site. . .
    The Old site was a sports car, this is a schoolbus with flat tires.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Tned, do a restore to the old site. Its not to late. I wont bitch about Tebow anymore.
    this alone would probably be worth it. . .

also, the multi-quote button needs to be a different color as well as the MHS

18. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Must... resist... derailing thread.....
    This space available for lease.

this alone would probably be worth it. . .

also, the multi-quote button needs to be a different color as well as the MHS
    Yea, all the buttons/icons at the bottom of the posts need to be recreated.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information