Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow trade rumors swirl around Denver, NFL

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    More like John Elway and John Fox cherish Miller, and neither really cherishes Tebow, they have high hopes for him and cherish some of the tangibles he brings to the table, but don't fool yourself...they wouldn't trade his ass in a heartbeat if it would land them a legit quarterback. That's just the nature of the sport and of the business.
    If the right deal presented itself, I don't think Fox or Elway would hesitate a minute. Problem is where is this deal going to come from. Miller isn't going anywhere. Who is the legit quarterback. Sounds like a pipe dream generated at Bleacher Report.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    If the right deal presented itself, I don't think Fox or Elway would hesitate a minute. Problem is where is this deal going to come from. Miller isn't going anywhere. Who is the legit quarterback. Sounds like a pipe dream generated at Bleacher Report.
    I'm not giving any credence to the report Can, simply retorting Mag's post that Elway cherishes Tebow, which is completely unfounded. I don't see how Denver could pull it off, and is likely as you called it, a pipe dream.

3. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    I'm not giving any credence to the report Can, simply retorting Mag's post that Elway cherishes Tebow, which is completely unfounded. I don't see how Denver could pull it off, and is likely as you called it, a pipe dream.
    No I don't think John cherishes Tebow. I do think he respects him as a competitor though, but that is about as far as it goes. If a deal came along for Tim, I believe that EFX will look long and hard.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

5. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I believe the internet.

http://www.timecube.com/

7. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

While it wouldnt be unheard of for Denver to trade a high profile QB (See Cutler) doing so just so you could try to land Luck or Griffin would be not only a very costly move but a moronic one at this juncture. Certainly would not be worth it too trade Miller at ALL. The only way i could see it working is if Denver tried to go after Mallet in NE but even then i sure as hell wouldnt want to be snookered into giving a lot up to do that. In all honesty this is probably much ado about nothing. Trading Tebow would make Elway and company look just as bad as that liar McDaniels at this point.

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

This is complete fabricated bull!@#$.

NO WAY does Denver management trade it's starting QB twice in 5 years.

...and Miller too?? Riiiiiight.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

11. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    Was Klis dropped on his head when he was a child? I understand we have to give up a lot for that pick, but why would he include our best defensive player? There's NO way we'd give up Miller.

Fortunately for us, Klis is never right when regarding the Broncos.
    I doubt they actually do the trade, the only reason they mention Miller is that he would be the only guy on the team that would make the deal even possible. I heard the interview with the Rams GM on NFL radio, they are looking for 3-5 1st round picks. All this media stuff is because of the"mystery team" that s in the hunt. The GM says you would never guess who it is, I would think it is a team like the Jets or the Pats.

Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable. -
    Mark Twain

I am a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the luckier I become-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
    I didn't see this anywhere. If it's already been covered, sorry 'bout that.....

__________________________________________________ ______________

DENVER — There is a rumor that the Denver Broncos might be willing to trade quarterback Tim Tebow to get one of the best QBs in the upcoming draft.

True or not, the rumor around the NFL is that the Broncos are the “mystery team” that is trying to move up in the draft to acquire Robert Griffin III, the flashy quarterback from Baylor University.

Source FOX 31 News - read the rest here.....
    Man if this is true I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping Elway could somehow keep Tebow to turn him into a Tight End!

Oh well the first NFL team that can convince Tebow to switch to TE will have themselves a pro bowl tight end.

Deep down EFX know they are lying to themselves if they believe Tebow will ever become an elite top 10 to a good top 15 pocket passing QB.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    It's a stupid rumor because there are only two QBs one could foresee as being worth the gamble - Luck and Griffin, who will probably go 1-2. So tell me how the Broncos, sitting at #25, will get that high in the draft? Would you be willing to trade Tebow, #25, next year's #1 and Von Miller to the Rams to get #2 and take Griffin? Plus, what would the Rams do with Tebow if they already have Bradford?

If anyone else trades with the Rams, THEY will do so to take Griffin so there's no reason they would want to trade him for Tebow.

It's a rumor that, on it's surface, makes no sense any more than Mitt Romney dropping out to endorse Ron Paul.
    The Rams would turn Tebow into a Tight End or Fullback or Backup QB!!!!!

Question is out of the 31 NFL teams out there how many covet Tebow as their answer or long-term franchise QB????

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

There could be some truth to this but it would not be for RG III , But for Luck!!! Elway is slobbering & drooling at the mere thought of getting Luck! 2 firsts 1 second & a couple more lower picks should do it. They want a pocket passer.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived capt. Jack For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by capt. Jack View Post
    There could be some truth to this but it would not be for RG III , But for Luck!!! Elway is slobbering & drooling at the mere thought of getting Luck! 2 firsts 1 second & a couple more lower picks should do it. They want a pocket passer.

I haven't heard any reports that Indy is willing to deal at all

Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable. -
    Mark Twain

I am a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the luckier I become-Thomas Jefferson

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    I haven't heard any reports that Indy is willing to deal at all
    Smoke screen to get more picks!!! We will see if they let Manning go, then they will take Luck no question!

Quote Originally Posted by capt. Jack View Post

To get Luck, Elway would have to offer up 2-3 first round draft choices, Miller, and Tebow. Since Pat Bowlen is on auto-pilot I don't see why Elway wouldn't try to pull it off.

Elway will do almost anything not to have the polarizing Tebow circus to deal with in Denver.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Npba900 View Post
    To get Luck, Elway would have to offer up 2-3 first round draft choices, Miller, and Tebow. Since Pat Bowlen is on auto-pilot I don't see why Elway wouldn't try to pull it off.

Elway will do almost anything not to have the polarizing Tebow circus to deal with in Denver.
    Lol, yea right.

Dont kid yourself. If Elway did that he would automatically make himself a pariah in Denver.

21. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

Well I don't see us giving up Miller he is one of our best! I was just thinking it was possible? 3 firsts would be ok if we got a #1 for Tebow! 5 or 6 picks for Luck.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information