Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Russell makes history

I think Davis will let him go back to the draft, just to prove a point. Better if they just trade his rights for draft picks or some quality young players.

Did he ever sign?

I figure if he didn't I'd hear about it on ESPN about him going back to the draft....

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I love seeing bad things happen to a team like the Raiders.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    #27 Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    The Raiders should seriously think about giving in. Think about it, Russell is NOT a polished quarterback like Brady Quinn is (You know I'm right about this BQ haters) and from what I've heard it's the Raiders fault for not getting him signed in the first place because they want most of his money in incentives? So if Russell doesn't have a contract he won't practice with the team, which is an absolute need if your a future quarterback so JUST SIGN HIM to what he wants!
    No the raiders should hold firm. Its contracts like this that present the owners with no options if they bust. Ala Mike vick.
    Last edited by broncosinindy; 09-02-2007 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I love seeing bad things happen to a team like the Raiders.
    Imagine, they could've had Calvin Johnson playing opposite deep throwing Daunte Culpepper, and with the Raiders' receiving corp, it wouldn't be a stretch for CJ to immediately be the #1 receiver on the depth chart.

Wost case, trade down and still get Brady Quinn before the Miami pick at 9.

There were rumours before the draft that Kiffin wanted Quinn more than Russell, because of his familiarity with pro-style offenses, like the west coast offense. They did immeidately release a statement that they were more interested in Russell, but that could've been a cover-up.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information