Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: McDaniels is a disappointment and the Cutler show is no more

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Default McDaniels is a disappointment and the Cutler show is no more

McDaniels is a disappointment. For an offensive genius, he should have seen the angles better than he did. He ended up trying to convince Jay that even though there wasn't a cloud in the sky, and even though his junk was out with the faucet turned on, and even though Jay's slacks were getting damp and starting to stick to his leg, that even though there was all that, McDaniels had to somehow convince Jay it was just the rain. He didn't. This is our new head coach. He is not a good head coach.

My hopes for the Jay Cutler dynasty are crushed. I don't see a reconciliation. The gas can is discarded and empty and Jay's on the other side of the bridge with a lit match. If you look into Jay's eyes you can see his pupils appear as extended middle fingers. I wanted to see the Jay Cutler dynasty. He throws the ball so damn well that that alone is entertainment on a par with the blue man group in Vegas or that one act in Tong-du-chon involving ping pong balls and bananas. Somehow in this debate the fact that Jay Cutler is a freakishly good passer of the football isn't being remembered as well as it should be. I don't know that he's an uber-talent or anything in terms of getting us to championships--I do think he might have it in him--but just for the joy of watching him throw the ball I'm bummed to see him leave.

But through it all we are fortunate to have none other than the voice of the Broncos, Jabar Gaffney, provide the local sports beat writers some praise for McDaniels. That lifts the mood a bit. McDaniels is either the Boss or the BOSS, so that's our firmament in these chaotic times. He is the certainty. That warms the frostbit hands like a railcar of liquid nitrogen. I don't see the players rallying to his cause because many of them trusted Jay and Jay was lied to, so they have to feel a sting of betrayal from the new coach. A culture of distrust and disloyalty--first impressions are strong and lasting--can be a difficult culture to change.

Jay's already boned McDaniels' wife and sister and McDaniels has shot Jay's dog and left a steamer in his coffee. There is no couples counseling and no happy ever after. I love the Broncos but it sure looks like this team sucks.

I only got to this point after I took a month of deep breathing and finally taking a giant step back and looking at it like it was someone else's team. Like I was evaluating the Jags or the Vikings or something. At this point, that's almost how this feels, and that is awful.

2. The Following 12 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Hey, look at the bright side..........if Cutler is traded, we may get to see Jeff Garcia throw his pin point 10 yarders for a completion, and cheer.

woot.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

its times like these when real optimists and pessimists cant fake who they are...

i for one think jay will be our franchise until i see jay wearing another uniform...

and let me tell you, it feels relaxed...
    the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do....
    - T Jefferson

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived anton... For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by anton... View Post
    its times like these when real optimists and pessimists cant fake who they are...

i for one think jay will be our franchise until i see jay wearing another uniform...

and let me tell you, it feels relaxed...
    where do the realists line up?

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

For McDaniels to be labeled a disappointment thus far is an understatement. Its the worst transfer of power ive ever seen.

Regardless of what anyone says, Jay isnt handling things as bad as its portrayed. His comments to the media have been normal from the hip stuff.

I dont know what McD has said in private, but whatever it was made things worse. They will swallow they're pride and extend Cutler.

It would seriously take 2 first round picks, and another high one for our team to be better off. Even then, I dont think it would be. One bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Give it A Rest. Dude has yet to coach a single game for us. How are ya gonna turn tail if he ends up being a winner?

12. The Following 11 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Come on SA, don't be logical here. The die is already cast. McDaniels is a loser and you know it. /sarcasm

14. The Following User High Fived Requiem / The Dagda For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Give it A Rest. Dude has yet to coach a single game for us. How are ya gonna turn tail if he ends up being a winner?
    I will still think he handled the first 3 months of his tenure like a douche bag.

16. The Following 11 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

With or without Cutler...

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

does it matter? I personally want Cutty to stay and am by no means PRO-either of them (although I am ANTI-Bus Cook), but I'm hardly gonna call the dude a failure after 3 months. Maybe he's right and for all of Cutler's ability, his decision making does not fit his system. And maybe, just maybe, his system can succeed w/ a very good, very patient QB. And maybe he'll fail miserably and some of you will be right. I prefer to actually wait and see.

20. The Following 9 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

does it matter? I personally want Cutty to stay and am by no means PRO-either of them (although I am ANTI-Bus Cook), but I'm hardly gonna call the dude a failure after 3 months. Maybe he's right and for all of Cutler's ability, his decision maing does not fit his system. And maybe, just maybe, his system can succeed w/ a very good, very patient QB. And maybe he'll fail miserably and some of you will be right. I prefer to actually wait and see.
    Thats all we can do. But I cant help but be upset from what Ive seen thus far. If We lose Cutler, and McDaniels ends up being a toolbag, we are screwed for a very long time. And that scenario scares the hell out of me.

22. The Following 5 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Why are we screwed for a very long time? Nice false dilemma, Clay.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Oh I dont know, If Mcdaniels is a douche and he trades our QB, then fails as a game time coach, I would think we would be starting from scratch in 3-5 years.

You are under the assumption that....

1. McDaniels is a good HC, and .....

2 if we trade Cutler for picks, that they will end up being solid picks.

The only known fact is that Cutler is very young, and an above average QB. Any scenario outside of keeping him is a huge Gamble with huge repercussions.

25. The Following 7 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

I'm actually not under that assumption at all. Don't be so bold Claymore. Baby steps. If you wanna take risks, start out with mixing Cheerios with Fruity Pebbles. Tasty.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    From someone with the penchant for overusing the term 'false dilemma', you should at least know a 'non-false dilemma' when you see one. Otherwise nobody will believe your categorizations of false dimemmas and you will lose meaning to one of your trademark sayings. We lose Cutler, we are most definitely screwed for a long time. At the very least the long time it takes a rookie to develop or the long time it takes for a decent free agent QB to become available. Meanwhile our #2 offense drops somewher near the ranking of our vaunted defense. The good news? We get to spend big money on top 5 picks for awhile.

28. The Following 5 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information