Poll: Who is/was the better artist?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Who is better

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Bruce no doubt. In 50 years Bruce's legacy will outshine that of Tom Petty. He has a bigger following among people that aren't old dudes, and while Tom Petty has some sweet singles, they don't have the same punch as alot of The Boss' catalogue.
    While i dont think Petty will really leave a legacy i dont think Bruce will either except maybe to those diehard fans. To me, he was just a guy who got hot in the 80's and had girls cooing over him like he was the Menudo brothers or something. Outside of "Philidelphia" i cant think of any song he has written in the last 15 years that is memorable.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    While i dont think Petty will really leave a legacy i dont think Bruce will either except maybe to those diehard fans. To me, he was just a guy who got hot in the 80's and had girls cooing over him like he was the Menudo brothers or something. Outside of "Philidelphia" i cant think of any song he has written in the last 15 years that is memorable.
    Yeah, I don't like his music. But his albums have reached much more critical acclaim than Petty's. Nebraska, Born To Run, and Born in the USA are pretty beloved. But I see a whole lot more modern, up-and-coming bands who are influenced by Springsteen than Petty.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Tom Petty.

Maybe the most underrated rock band of all time?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek "aaarrruuuuuu" Wolfe

Petty, The Boss, Mellencamp. 1, 2 and 3.

All 3 have music that I can listen to at any time. Timeless music! But I find that I like voted based on how many songs I like from each artists. Petty by far. Though I could karaoke all 3 for days.

PEACE!!!
    SAKUNA MATATA - Black Forest, CO

^Thanks MasterShake^

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman:1562811
    Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Bruce no doubt. In 50 years Bruce's legacy will outshine that of Tom Petty. He has a bigger following among people that aren't old dudes, and while Tom Petty has some sweet singles, they don't have the same punch as alot of The Boss' catalogue.
    Check out his new album. Nothing that will get radio play, but damn good.

That being said...have Petty or Mellencamp done much in the last 15? I liked Petty's last one, but like Bruces new one...nothing you'll hear on the radio. Not nowadays anyway.

7. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Check out his new album. Nothing that will get radio play, but damn good.

That being said...have Petty or Mellencamp done much in the last 15? I liked Petty's last one, but like Bruces new one...nothing you'll hear on the radio. Not nowadays anyway.
    Petty had an album in 2010. They are currently on a world tour, or preparing to go on one.

Mellencamp also had an album released in 2010, and is touring, or recently returned from a tour.
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Bruce is kickin' it on Fallon's show tonight btw. He and Jimmy did the coolest intro.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information