Poll: Who is/was the better artist?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is better

Tom Petty in a landslide. I love me some Tommy

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Petty is the only artist of the 3 that if I heard their song on the radio, I would stop flipping channels and listen.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

3. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

I'm really into Adele lately. she's got that one hit going on now, something fire.... thought it was gay and irritating but I think it's growing on me. I want Tink to blast it for me at the next tailgate.

wait, does that mean that I am gay and irritating?

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

There are selected tracks from Springsteen and Camp that i dont mind. But overall Petty has a lot more songs i dig and "Dont Come Around Here No More" is still one of my favorite songs and videos of alltime.

7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

If you're asking for musical tastes, then my vote is for Petty.
    If I hear "Jack and Diane" ONE MORE TIME, I'm going jam a pen into my corroded artery.
    This space available for lease.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I think my question was vague. I was looking more to see who everyone thought has had the more prolific career as opposed to who people prefer

11. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I think my question was vague. I was looking more to see who everyone thought has had the more prolific career as opposed to who people prefer
    I'd go with Petty, than The Boss, then Mellencamp.

Petty's discography seems to span more time than The Boss, thus spanning more generations of listeners (I could be wrong). I mean, if you want to go an album sales alone, then I don't know why you would need a poll to figure that out.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

I think your question was quite clear and that you will be satisfied with these responses. I don't want to hear anymore on this. thanks

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    If you're asking for musical tastes, then my vote is for Petty.
    If I hear "Jack and Diane" ONE MORE TIME, I'm going jam a pen into my corroded artery.
    Oh yeah, life will go on.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    I think your question was quite clear and that you will be satisfied with these responses. I don't want to hear anymore on this. thanks
    lmao, your such a nerd. haha

16. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Probably Springsteen then, but they've both been around for a few decades, done the Super Bowl, etc. Kind of splitting hairs to say one is more prolific than the next.

18. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Springsteen's been more influential and will probably be rememberd longer and with more critical aproval but I like Tom Petty's music better personally.

Mellencamp doesn't belong on the list. Petty and Springsteen are NFL teams, Mellencamp is a CFL franchise.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

20. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Bruce no doubt. In 50 years Bruce's legacy will outshine that of Tom Petty. He has a bigger following among people that aren't old dudes, and while Tom Petty has some sweet singles, they don't have the same punch as alot of The Boss' catalogue.

Tom Petty is a step up from The Eagles in terms of nice easy listening music in that there's some substance, but it's still not entirely deep stuff. The Eagles are great to listen to on a drive on a sunny summer evening, or at the beach smoking some dank weed with your pals, but there's not really much substance to it (other than the illegal kind) that elevates it from "good to listen to to chill out every once in a while" to "good to listen to any time." I love The Eagles, but they aren't life-changing and offer nothing more but easy listening IMO and that's why I like to listen to them. Tom Petty has more depth to his songwriting than The Eagles, but it still doesn't eclipse that of Bruce.

There's a profundity to Bruce's stuff where I can picture it being somewhat life altering to someone. Say i'm watching a movie about some kids who go on a road trip. In the montage where they're having fun and enjoying the trip I can hear something like Tom Petty and The Eagles playing. But in a montage where the movie is coming to a close and they're coming of age or learning a deep life lesson of some sort, I can hear The Boss playing in the background. That's what gives Springsteen the 1-up on Tom Petty to me.

It's what separates Bob Dylan from John Denver. Dylan's are hard to come by, but there are tons of John Denver's.
    Last edited by aberdien; 03-01-2012 at 06:17 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

There are many American lagers that are very good.
    not the ones that dominate the market with a 95% share.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

I took it as most talented musician... Petty has farts that are more talented than the other two.

my mom seen Springsteen and thought it was cool... I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information