Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NFL Insider Cecil Lammey predicts Broncos 2012 FA/Draft

Adopted Bronco:

I think it happens this year for one main reason. I dont see there being an early run on DT's and it's possible that most or all of them are still available when we pick. With that much talent sitting there, I think EFX finds it hard to ignore

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

That's my hope too, Coach. If there's OBVIOUSLY superior talent in the middle available when we draft - and I get the feeling there will be - then we really have to draft it.

I hope.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i don't buy it. . . when they passed on austin and paea for that scrawny, worthless little shit rahim moore, something inside me died, and i abandoned all hope of them ever taking the position seriously. . .

now, i just chuckle when people talk about a DT in the first round. . . it doesn't matter which of them are left on the board-- they could all be there, and we'd still take a RB, OL or DB. . . betcha we draft one of those three positions-- they might take another LB over drafting a DT. . . if we're lucky we'll re-sign bunk-- otherwise i bet they're right back to the dumpster diving. . .

of course, i'll be more than happy to be proven wrong. . .
    Ah so that's how you really feel about him eh Dog!

Yeah... it was the right move moving down but to still pick the guy who wasn't worth it at 36 and borderline at 45...

5. The Following User High Fived SpringsBroncoFan For This Post:

Its going to happen. We are going to get a DT this year. I am very very sure of it. Another month or so and we will know fa show. Need that Free agency to start.

If we get a CB like Carr (my personal fav.) then there is no way we do not go DT first.

The only other thing I could see is a team like the rams or someone who has an extra pick or gets an extra pick (like from washington) to trade their 2nd to us along with other compensation for our #25. Still, I think we get the DT we want.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

7. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Its going to happen. We are going to get a DT this year. I am very very sure of it. Another month or so and we will know fa show. Need that Free agency to start.

If we get a CB like Carr (my personal fav.) then there is no way we do not go DT first.

The only other thing I could see is a team like the rams or someone who has an extra pick or gets an extra pick (like from washington) to trade their 2nd to us along with other compensation for our #25. Still, I think we get the DT we want.
    i'll remember your comments on draft day when we're taking cordy glenn with our first pick. . .

seriously, we had kevin vickerson and marcus thomas as our top DTs when we completely punted the position in last year's draft-- you think they're scurred to do it again?

don't get me wrong-- on paper, i fully agree with the logic of everyone's statements. . . the draft doesn't happen on paper, though. . . and i can already smell the dumpster, baby. . . i wouldn't be completely shocked if we threw a 3rd or 4th at it. . . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 02-28-2012 at 06:57 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SpringsBroncoFan View Post
    Ah so that's how you really feel about him eh Dog!

Yeah... it was the right move moving down but to still pick the guy who wasn't worth it at 36 and borderline at 45...
    other than george foster and clarrett, that was probably my most-hated pick in denver draft history. . . throw in dick quinn and alphonso smith, and that's probably my top five worst denver picks in my adult lifetime (i was still a kid when they took maddox). . .

Default First off...

I unjinx your jinx.

i'll remember your comments on draft day when we're taking cordy glenn with our first pick. . .

seriously, we had kevin vickerson and marcus thomas as our top DTs when we completely punted the position in last year's draft-- you think they're scurred to do it again?

don't get me wrong-- on paper, i fully agree with the logic of everyone's statements. . . the draft doesn't happen on paper, though. . . and i can already smell the dumpster, baby. . . i wouldn't be completely shocked if we threw a 3rd or 4th at it. . . .

As for the rest, what you say is true, but I have nailed the last 3 first round picks..well I had us taking dez B and not DT, so I did miss that one, but the rest are good and I feel us taking a DT, right now. We shall see what happens as we lead up to it. Things change a bunch. But I just feel good about this squad and drafting. Elway, xanders, fox and del rio...I think they put their heads together and do it sexy like.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

12. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

it's no better a job of throwing shit against the wall than any of us could do. . .

vincent jackson is a pipe dream, and we haven't spent a first on a defensive tackle since the 80's. . .
    Entirely new regime. I think it's a little unfair to paint this staff with the same brush with which we painted the previous. It's like basing your assessment of Fox and his philosophy on what McDaniels did. We saw them skip tackle last year but they definitely hit positions of need in the second.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I think it happens this year for one main reason. I dont see there being an early run on DT's and it's possible that most or all of them are still available when we pick. With that much talent sitting there, I think EFX finds it hard to ignore
    I don't think there's any way Poe is still on the board. But I agree most of the others may still be there.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Entirely new regime. I think it's a little unfair to paint this staff with the same brush with which we painted the previous. It's like basing your assessment of Fox and his philosophy on what McDaniels did. We saw them skip tackle last year but they definitely hit positions of need in the second.
    after watching three regimes in a row blatantly ignore the position in the draft and continue to fill it through the scrap heap, i have come to the conclusion that it's an organizational philosophy. . .

also, it's fair to point out that we've had the same general manager for three years now, even if he didn't have the final say previously. . .

and if you want to take it even further, fox was the HC in carolina for nine years-- over that span, they never drafted a DT higher than the 3rd round. . . granted, fox wasn't the ultimate decision-maker there either, so it gets taken for what it's worth. . . but given that they signed no stud FA tackles over that period either, i'd say it's safe to say that fox is comfortable filling the spot with usable warm bodies. . . my only hope is that they agreed to get del rio a new toy in the middle. . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 02-28-2012 at 08:09 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Top tier free agent wide receivers aren't signing with Denver. Period.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Vincent Jackson will follow the money.

And with so many top tier WRs hitting the market, so will the rest.

Thats my thoughts anyway.

I want us to sign Jason Jones or Carr or both. Wouldnt mind Nicks but thats not gonna happen.

Also think Lofton, or Mclain would be an upgrade.

I just want to do SOMETHING during free agency.

We got the money......Bowlen is the man.

Right?
    IN PATON I TRUST.

We're not throwing big money at Vincent Jackson and his 2 DUI's.

21. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

I was talking to Cecil a few weeks back and he was telling me about McClain. In short, he said it would be better to sign a guy like that over drafting a ILB early in the draft. He's very high on McClain and I think I'm also sold on this idea now as well.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

We are going to pay VJax?

Uh huh...
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information