Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RBs

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
    Yeah, I'm not a big fan of signing free agent runningbacks and thought Williams was a horrible idea last year, but I feel good about Bush. If he were on any other team he'd be franchised and probably overpaid to be kept, but it's one of those situations where he's getting away (Michael Turner). I wouldn't mind the team giving him what he's worth.
    Me either. I think he would be a great fit. I was interested in him last year as a restricted free agent but nobody wants to part with draft picks in that kind of situation. Well he is free now and it looks like he is tired of backing up Darren McFadden. Even though McFadden is hurt all the time. I too see Turner 2.0. Would love to see him teamed up with McGahee.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Our running back situation is we need improvement. It's not that it was bad but an upgrade is necessary. Less carries might help him last longer but not necessarily. He will be 31 years old by the start of next season age is age when it comes to running backs. I think there is still something left in his tank but can we get another 250 carries out of him? I don't know because he did miss one full game and the majority of two others with injury.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    ditch moreno, sign benjarvus green-ellis, add a draft pick to compete with ball/JJ. . . or, draft doug martin to be our bellcow. . . it's fixable-- i just hope they take it seriously. . . given the way they built their stable of backs in carolina, i suspect they probably will. . .
    What about M. Bush from the Raiders? A big back with little mileage and still fairly young. The only draw back is that he might cost more than Green-Ellis.

4. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Of course he'll cost more than BJGE, he's a better player. I'd rather sign Bush at twice the price than give BJGE an above-average contract. I like him as a player, he doesn't fumble, runs hard at the goal line and is fundamentally sound, but if you're going to pay money you might as well get somebody worth it. If we don't sign Bush, I hope we go cheap in FA at RB, like last year, and rely on the draft to load up on talent there.

6. The Following User High Fived Shananahan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    ditch moreno, sign benjarvus green-ellis, add a draft pick to compete with ball/JJ. . . or, draft doug martin to be our bellcow. . . it's fixable-- i just hope they take it seriously. . . given the way they built their stable of backs in carolina, i suspect they probably will. . .
    Stephen Davis and Deshaun Foster. Then Williams and Stewart. You can bank on it.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

8. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
    Of course he'll cost more than BJGE, he's a better player. I'd rather sign Bush at twice the price than give BJGE an above-average contract. I like him as a player, he doesn't fumble, runs hard at the goal line and is fundamentally sound, but if you're going to pay money you might as well get somebody worth it. If we don't sign Bush, I hope we go cheap in FA at RB, like last year, and rely on the draft to load up on talent there.
    Bush would be a good fit, but all depends on what it cost to get him. We have plenty of cap space, so I don't see him getting a deal that we couldn't afford. Unless he wants a big cash signing bonus, which imo is likely. If the upfront cash would restrict us from improving in other areas, then I'd pass (I'm assuming we have finite resources in this department). I'm generally against going after top dollar UFA RBs simply because RBs (especially power backs) have such short careers, but Bush does have less wear and tear on him than some at this point in his career. As long as he isn't paid like a top 10 RB, I'd be all for adding Bush.

Bringing in a pure power back like MB allows EFX to add a pure speed back like Lemichael James at the end of the 2nd or maybe 3rd.

Bush-MacGahee-Moreno-LMJ would definitely be an upgraded backfield.
    If not me, who?

Adopted Bronco:
    Alijah Holder

At this point, I will honestly be surprised if we don't land Turbin.

Mid round scat back.

We'll do more for our running game by addressing our interior OL in FA or the draft.
    Russlin jimmies since 1981

12. The Following User High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

I would have liked to see J.J. in the game more & find out if he is worth keeping

14. The Following User High Fived Bronco Bible For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Bible View Post
    I would have liked to see J.J. in the game more & find out if he is worth keeping
    I was not really impressed he was used as mostly 3rd down back but I did not see any amazing runs by him when he was in when McGahee was injured. That was his chance and he did not impress. I think Fanin will easily take JJ spot next season. Fanin could take Balls spot too.

16. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

There. RB issues solved.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

we don't need a running back. what we need is a damn football team.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
    Mid round scat back.

We'll do more for our running game by addressing our interior OL in FA or the draft.
    if you can get Rainey in the late fourth he would be a steal IMO, wouldn't be able to spell McGahee, but as a 3rd down back he is tough to beat, split time between RB and WR at UF

Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable. -
    Mark Twain

I am a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the luckier I become-Thomas Jefferson

21. The Following User High Fived catfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    we don't need a running back. what we need is a damn football team.
    Okay, you're assigned to go find one. Get back to us when you do and not before.

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    Okay, you're assigned to go find one. Get back to us when you do and not before.
    I wonder how much Alabama would cost?

Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable. -
    Mark Twain

I am a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the luckier I become-Thomas Jefferson

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information