Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2012

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adopted Bronco:

Default Mlb 2012

Time to get this thread started. Tis the season!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I love spring training....need to take the old man to a few games this year (didn't see any last year).
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

3. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I love spring training....need to take the old man to a few games this year (didn't see any last year).
    How do you live there and not go to a game?

Seriously?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    How do you live there and not go to a game?

Seriously?
    Tax season, MO.

This year things are going pretty smoothly (like we may actually finish early, knock on wood)....so there is a chance I can maybe make a few games.

Did I ever tell you about the time we were sitting behind home plate in Peroia (when Griffey was playing for the Mariners)? He hit a shot that was unbelievable....I swear it went 500 feet. My jaw literally dropped as I was watching it.

Adopted Bronco:

Tax season, MO.

This year things are going pretty smoothly (like we may actually finish early, knock on wood)....so there is a chance I can maybe make a few games.

Did I ever tell you about the time we were sitting behind home plate in Peroia (when Griffey was playing for the Mariners)? He hit a shot that was unbelievable....I swear it went 500 feet. My jaw literally dropped as I was watching it.
    Saw him hit one at Camden Yards that hit the warehouse beyond right field.

Also won $100 betting he would hit a grand slam in Texas. That was luck

8. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Lets do this. I can't wait to see Nicasio make his first start this year.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

10. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Lets do this. I can't wait to see Nicasio make his first start this year.
    Heard he was doing pretty well and is at camp and throwing

12. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Heard he was doing pretty well and is at camp and throwing
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...2/2613000.html

On Feb. 15, Nicasio faced players from the Marlins organization and not just DSL players. He was scheduled to pitch two innings, but because they were easy and he hadn't worked from a stretch, Nicasio pitched a third inning. He allowed two hits and one unearned run with no walks and four strikeouts in a 45-pitch outing that included 33 strikes.

In this second outing, Nicasio was 92-97 mph with his fastball and averaged 94 mph. He was 85-87 mph with his slider and averaged 86 mph, and averaged 84 mph with his changeup that ranged from 83-86 mph.
    I'm pumped that he hasn't shown any issues pitching on a mound to batters after what he experienced. He may only ever be a 2 or 3 rotation guy, but to me, I will always be a fan of him as a human being. Chuck Norris is afraid of Juan Nicasio.

14. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Middle Linebacker 2012? We could go for one.

But seriously, I'm interested to see how bad the NL Central can get with no Pujols, no Fielder and no Braun (possibly for awhile). The division could have two 100-loss teams.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Middle Linebacker 2012? We could go for one.

But seriously, I'm interested to see how bad the NL Central can get with no Pujols, no Fielder and no Braun (possibly for awhile). The division could have two 100-loss teams.
    The NL Central does have McCutchen. He is always fun to watch play. I could see that divison being a close race between the Reds, Pirates, and the Cards. The Brewer's defense is just a joke, and they had the BABIP dragon on their side last year. The Astros are just horrible, but it will be kind of sad not having them in the NL anymore after this year. And the Cubs are the Cubs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    The NL Central does have McCutchen. He is always fun to watch play. I could see that divison being a close race between the Reds, Pirates, and the Cards. The Brewer's defense is just a joke, and they had the BABIP dragon on their side last year. The Astros are just horrible, but it will be kind of sad not having them in the NL anymore after this year. And the Cubs are the Cubs.
    The Reds should win that division going away. The rest of the division is not good.

The Brewers are OK, but without Fielder and without Braun for 50 games they will have a rough go.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

The Reds should win that division going away. The rest of the division is not good.

The Brewers are OK, but without Fielder and without Braun for 50 games they will have a rough go.
    No way. The game is still about pitching and STL still has the best rotation in that division. I also like the Brewers rotation more than Cincy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No way. The game is still about pitching and STL still has the best rotation in that division. I also like the Brewers rotation more than Cincy.
    The Reds have a legit MVP candidate in Votto, surrounded by young studs in Bruce and Stubbs and supplemented by Brandon Philips, possibly the best second baseman in the game, and Scott Rolen at third.

On top of that, Cueto, Latos, Arroyo, Bailey, Chapman and Leake.

That's one hell of a team there.

It's hard to tell if an aging Carpenter and Wainwright coming off of his injury will really be enough todrive a team that might struggle hitting. Lohse and Garcia are also aging. I'll take the youth of the Reds every day.

20. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

The Reds have a legit MVP candidate in Votto, surrounded by young studs in Bruce and Stubbs and supplemented by Brandon Philips, possibly the best second baseman in the game, and Scott Rolen at third.

On top of that, Cueto, Latos, Arroyo, Bailey, Chapman and Leake.
    That's one hell of a team there.

It's hard to tell if an aging Carpenter and Wainwright coming off of his injury will really be enough todrive a team that might struggle hitting. Lohse and Garcia are also aging. I'll take the youth of the Reds every day.
    I highlighted the problem. Chapman is a bit of a wild card. If he can put it together as a starter, that would certainly help Cincy. But he is a huge question mark right now.

Although I admit that Carpenter and Wainwright are both questionmarks, at least to some degree.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I highlighted the problem. Chapman is a bit of a wild card. If he can put it together as a starter, that would certainly help Cincy. But he is a huge question mark right now.

Although I admit that Carpenter and Wainwright are both questionmarks, at least to some degree.
    The problem? Really. That's a solid, talented staff.

Bailey, Latos and Cueto are three of the most well regarded prospects in the game.

Chapman is also well regarded, and Arroyo is a good innings eater.

I would say the Reds' rotation is clearly superior to St. Louis' at this point.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information