Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2012

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    He's been freed. Did you read above?
    MLB is going to appeal the appeal. This could get ugly.

Med, I don't think the Dodgers are that bad...Loney and Ethier are decent hitters.

You have some innings eaters in Lilly and Harang, and I like Billingsley, personally.

I'd expect them to finish near the bottom of the division, though, it's a good division, I think.

San Francisco
    Colorado
    Arizona
    Los Angeles
    San Diego

I'd say that's about the finish I'd expect.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    MLB is going to appeal the appeal. This could get ugly.

Med, I don't think the Dodgers are that bad...Loney and Ethier are decent hitters.

You have some innings eaters in Lilly and Harang, and I like Billingsley, personally.

I'd expect them to finish near the bottom of the division, though, it's a good division, I think.

San Francisco
    Colorado
    Arizona
    Los Angeles
    San Diego

I'd say that's about the finish I'd expect.
    I've read a couple of stories (At least I think, maybe I imagined them) about Lincecum and Bumgardener both having back issues. I'm really hoping they both have crappy years.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

So Mo, do you think Arizona was a fluke last year?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So Mo, do you think Arizona was a fluke last year?
    Not necessarily, but I think they might come back to the pack this year. I could see Colorado, Arizona and San Fran all winning 85-90 games and it being a really tight race.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I've read a couple of stories (At least I think, maybe I imagined them) about Lincecum and Bumgardener both having back issues. I'm really hoping they both have crappy years.
    I had not heard that, but if they both have injury issues and they miss a lot of time, San Fran could easily finish fourth.

Edit: ESPN has a story today that says Lincecum thinks he's healthy after a bullpen session yesterday.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I feel bad for A's fans this year. Coco Crisp started the season in the three-hole. That's bad. He should never hit anywhere but 1, 8 or 9.

Cespedes is the best hitter on that team, and I'd imagine will be hitting three by the end of April, but if your second option for the three-hole is Crisp, that's not a good sign.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

So, the Dodgers are going to be purchased for 2 Billion. Magic Johnson will be part owner. I'm not in the same camp of people who think that this will make them the Yankees of the West. But unfortunately, it will make them relevant again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

There's a lot of good, young talent in the NL West that's at the Major League level. The Dodgers have a legit MVP candidate in Kemp, and now that they have the ability to go out and trade and act more like a normal franchise, it could make them very competitive.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

There's a lot of good, young talent in the NL West that's at the Major League level. The Dodgers have a legit MVP candidate in Kemp, and now that they have the ability to go out and trade and act more like a normal franchise, it could make them very competitive.
    I agree it will make them cometative, but I don't see them having the spending power of the Yankees. People forget that the Yankees get much of their money for salaries from the YES network.

IMO, Bud Selig needs to be usurped as the commish of baseball. I'm not saying that there needs to be a salary cap in baseball similar to the NFL, but there needs to be stricter penalties for going over the current Luxury tax limit.

13. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I agree it will make them cometative, but I don't see them having the spending power of the Yankees. People forget that the Yankees get much of their money for salaries from the YES network.

IMO, Bud Selig needs to be usurped as the commish of baseball. I'm not saying that there needs to be a salary cap in baseball similar to the NFL, but there needs to be stricter penalties for going over the current Luxury tax limit.
    Meh...the Giants and Cardinals aren't known for spending a ton, and they won the last two championships.

Sure, a few stricter rules, or maybe some more sharing, but the real problem, imo, in baseball is the lack of spending by some teams, i.e., the Royals, Astros, Pirates, etc. The Royals made a $20 million profit last year for like the sixth or seventh straight year...

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Meh...the Giants and Cardinals aren't known for spending a ton, and they won the last two championships.

Sure, a few stricter rules, or maybe some more sharing, but the real problem, imo, in baseball is the lack of spending by some teams, i.e., the Royals, Astros, Pirates, etc. The Royals made a $20 million profit last year for like the sixth or seventh straight year...
    Exactly. When I heard that the Pirate's ownership was just pocketing the money they got from teams that payed the salary tax penalties, I was pretty pissed.

17. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

That's the bigger problem...greedy owners. While I hate wayching some teams spend money that many others cant, it also sickens me to see owners make a profit and not put the money back into the team. I can relate personally.

When the MASN tv contract happened, the Nationals and Orioles made a ton of money. The difference is Ted Lerner is putting that money into player development and signing or at least attempting to sign free agents and bringing in players that can put a quality product on the field.

Meanwhile, the evil Peter Angelos shops in the bargain bin and laughs all the way to the bank

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Angelos is probably the worst out there. The Glasses could have come close, but they finally started investing in their organization through scouting, the draft and the Dominican, and it's starting pay off, so I am getting closer to thinking the Royals will get out of that funk.

Sending down Johnny Giavatella to start the season and going with Getz and Yuniesky Betancourt at 2B has me livid, though.

Adopted Bronco:

Angelos is probably the worst out there. The Glasses could have come close, but they finally started investing in their organization through scouting, the draft and the Dominican, and it's starting pay off, so I am getting closer to thinking the Royals will get out of that funk.

Sending down Johnny Giavatella to start the season and going with Getz and Yuniesky Betancourt at 2B has me livid, though.
    He'll be back up. They are just starting him off down there so they can save a year on arbitration. He's too good to leae down there. Plus they can drive up trade value on the vets if they play well.

Read an article where if they allow multi-sport ownership that Bisciooti might be interested in looking at the Orioles. He's good friends with Ripken and I know Cal wants someone there other than the Angelos clan. I can dream anyway

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information