Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2012

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The problem? Really. That's a solid, talented staff.

Bailey, Latos and Cueto are three of the most well regarded prospects in the game.

Chapman is also well regarded, and Arroyo is a good innings eater.

I would say the Reds' rotation is clearly superior to St. Louis' at this point.
    Wow, that's not the way I see it at all. Cueto is the only one worth mentioning, IMO....maybe Latos, but he is still too young to have a good gage on. Same for Chapman (I know the hype, but I need more than hype).

Bailey is just a guy, IMO...nothing special.

I guess I just prefer to have more experience or at least some semblance of a proven track record in the rotation.

How do you feel about the Rockies rotation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Wow, that's not the way I see it at all. Cueto is the only one worth mentioning, IMO....maybe Latos, but he is still too young to have a good gage on. Same for Chapman (I know the hype, but I need more than hype).

Bailey is just a guy, IMO...nothing special.

I guess I just prefer to have more experience or at least some semblance of a proven track record in the rotation.

How do you feel about the Rockies rotation?
    Cueto and Latos are stud, ace type talents. Better than Carpenter now, and most likely better than Wainwright coming off the injury.

Leake and Arroyo are innings eaters and younger than Garcia and Lohse. Chapman is a stud who will do well in the lineup.

The Rockies rotation has some real question marks. Can De La Rosa come back and be effective. Is Nocasio really a stud? Is Chacin the innings eater you need at No. 3? Are Pomeranz, White and Chatman legitimate rotation guys going forward?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

If anyone is planning on coming down for the Cactus League, let me know.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:

I'll be curious to see if Cueto can replicate what he did last year and how Latos adjusts from Petco to Great American. The Reds rotation is nice, but it's tough to doubt the Cards. Garcia is a young stud and dont forget they'll likely have phenom Shelby Miller in the rotation as well.

The central should be fun to watch.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Garcia is younger than I realized. Still think St. Louis will need a pitcher to step up. Their lineup is also a little better than I realized. Forgot they had Furcal.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I'll just leave this here

I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:

Garcia is younger than I realized. Still think St. Louis will need a pitcher to step up. Their lineup is also a little better than I realized. Forgot they had Furcal.
    Shelby Miller

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Cueto and Latos are stud, ace type talents. Better than Carpenter now, and most likely better than Wainwright coming off the injury.

Leake and Arroyo are innings eaters and younger than Garcia and Lohse. Chapman is a stud who will do well in the lineup.

The Rockies rotation has some real question marks. Can De La Rosa come back and be effective. Is Nocasio really a stud? Is Chacin the innings eater you need at No. 3? Are Pomeranz, White and Chatman legitimate rotation guys going forward?
    Latos is better than Carpenter? Geeze, MO....what are you talking about?

Carpenter is a proven ace, Latos is a two year guy that went 9-14 last year. Latos is talented, but let's maybe not put him in the HOF just yet.

Outside of Cueto, the Reds rotation has just as many question marks as the Rockies....a lot of young talent that hasn't proven anything.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Latos is better than Carpenter? Geeze, MO....what are you talking about?

Carpenter is a proven ace, Latos is a two year guy that went 9-14 last year. Latos is talented, but let's maybe not put him in the HOF just yet.

Outside of Cueto, the Reds rotation has just as many question marks as the Rockies....a lot of young talent that hasn't proven anything.
    I think the biggest question mark for Latos is how he responds going from pitcher friendly Petco to hitter friendly GAB.

The Reds staff has potential, but I'd go with the Cards over them. Offense however, is a different thing

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Good news for the Brewers. Ryan Braun won his appeal and won't be suspended 50 games for PED usage.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...ce=twitterfeed

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That's a big ruling.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I think the biggest question mark for Latos is how he responds going from pitcher friendly Petco to hitter friendly GAB.

The Reds staff has potential, but I'd go with the Cards over them. Offense however, is a different thing
    I hadn't thought about the move from Petco....it will be interesting to see how that impacts his numbers.

Offensively, they seem pretty close to me. Votto is the best position player on either team, but after Votto and Philips the Reds seem fairly average.

If I were to rank the NL Central, I would go:
    St. Louis
    Milwaukee
    Cincinnati
    Chicago
    Pittsburgh
    Houston

You mean Furcal is not hurt.

As a Dodger fan I have suffered that one a lot.

I see them sucking this year with only 2 good players in Kershaw and Kemp. The rest of the team is so-so.

As for the other team I like the Sox, I have a 3rd place expectation. Its going to be a long season for me. Oh well.......

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Free Ryan Braun!

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Free Ryan Braun!
    He's been freed. Did you read above?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information