Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2012

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yay! Royals finally got a hit in season tune up (4th inning!).
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So, apparently, real games begin in earnest tonight.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Doug Glanville is on Gottlieb's show now. They played a clip from Kirkjean saying his bold prediction that the top six teams will be AL teams, and Glanville said the Diamondbacks should be in the top six, not the Rays. Am I missing something there?

I have the Phillies, Cardinals and Giants (at least, if not more teams) as better than the D-backs just in the NL.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Doug Glanville is on Gottlieb's show now. They played a clip from Kirkjean saying his bold prediction that the top six teams will be AL teams, and Glanville said the Diamondbacks should be in the top six, not the Rays. Am I missing something there?

I have the Phillies, Cardinals and Giants (at least, if not more teams) as better than the D-backs just in the NL.
    ESPN analysts are dumb.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No-no watch...

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Beisbol.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Ryan Dempster, wow.

7 2/3, 1 ER, 2 H, 3 BB, 10 K

But the Cubs lose.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Watched the end of the Padres v. Dodgers game last night. As much as I don't like the Dodgers, it was sure nice to hear Vin Scully's voice again last night.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

9. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

I'll argue with you on this one. If you base it solely on pitching rotations then those 3 teams are better. But, I think the D-backs have the better offense. No Pujols for the Cards...no offense at all for the Giants and until Howard and Utley prove healthy, the Phils will be a question mark. D-backs added Kubel to their lineup

But the D-backs pitching isnt a slouch either. Adding Cahill to Hudson Kennedy and Saunders gives them a very solid and very young rotation

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I'll argue with you on this one. If you base it solely on pitching rotations then those 3 teams are better. But, I think the D-backs have the better offense. No Pujols for the Cards...no offense at all for the Giants and until Howard and Utley prove healthy, the Phils will be a question mark. D-backs added Kubel to their lineup

But the D-backs pitching isnt a slouch either. Adding Cahill to Hudson Kennedy and Saunders gives them a very solid and very young rotation
    If Justin Upton is the MVP-caliber player that many believe he is, and Chris Young, Miguel Montero and Ryan Roberts all take steps forward, then yes. But anytime I look at a lineup and see Willie Bloomquist starting at short and Aaron Hill at second, I am going to have questionmarks.

Now, if Hill is hitting better than .220 with no pop (that may have been a few years ago but he singlehandedly drug a fantasy team of mine down)...

If all of those guys are hitting you can hide Bloomquist at 8, and you'll be OK. Lot of ifs, in my mind there.

Adopted Bronco:

I'm thinking Bloomquist platoons with Blum. Neither scares anyone, but it could be a position fixed via trade. I can almost guarantee Mark Reynolds will be available

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yu's debut in about two...

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

My team is not starting off so hot.....the Braves.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So, is it possible that Yu has TOO MUCH movement on his pitches?

He's getting dinked and dunked here in the first. The movement on his pitches is incredible, but he's missing spots like crazy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

42 pitches, four runs on four hits with three walks and two Ks.

Repotoire is as advertised though.

Mid-90s fastball. Shows mid-90s on all three fastballs I saw, four seam, two-seamer to left handers and sinker to righties.

I think I saw both a slider and a hard curve to righties and a looping curve to a lefty.

Didn't see a changeup.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information