Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2012

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I'll watch a Mariners game every now and then, but I didn't think the Royals still existed since George Brett and Bo Jackson left the game.
    Ouch.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I really want the Pirates to make the postseason.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I really want the Pirates to make the postseason.
    Like last year...they have teased the fans one more. The way they are playing lately, I wont be shocked if their streak of losing seasons continues

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Mike Trout has slipped to third in SLG, but only one player has ever led the American League in SLG and Stolen Bases in the same season.

Ty Cobb.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Mike Trout has slipped to third in SLG, but only one player has ever led the American League in SLG and Stolen Bases in the same season.

Ty Cobb.
    Mike Trout is a stud of epic porportions. There was a great article about him 2 SI's ago. Great kid and a great baseball player.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Mike Trout is a stud of epic porportions. There was a great article about him 2 SI's ago. Great kid and a great baseball player.
    That article was pretty good.

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Trout's WAR is still ridiculous.

Adopted Bronco:

Baltimore Orioles in 1st place in September for the first time since 1997. Regardless of making the playoffs, we'll still end this season with a winning record. Havent been able to say that in 15 years.

11. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Baltimore Orioles in 1st place in September for the first time since 1997. Regardless of making the playoffs, we'll still end this season with a winning record. Havent been able to say that in 15 years.
    Curious your thoughts on Gordon's and Butler's seasons.

Gordon is leading the AL in doubles with 45, has 11 homers and has a .298/.368/.453

And Butler has 25 homers, 21 doubles with a .309/.373/.502

Adopted Bronco:

Curious your thoughts on Gordon's and Butler's seasons.

Gordon is leading the AL in doubles with 45, has 11 homers and has a .298/.368/.453

And Butler has 25 homers, 21 doubles with a .309/.373/.502
    I was sitting at Buffalo Wild Wings on Monday and watching the Rangers/Royals game with a buddy. He asked me who I would take off of the KC roster to add to Baltimore and he did the same for Texas. Both of us agreed on Butler in a heartbeat. He has a great stick and a leader mentality at a young age. He gets better every year...and he's only 26. Problem is...he is losing defensive value. If he and Hosmer rotated between 1B and DH more often, it would get him on the field more and probably make him an even better hitter. As it stands, he is losing contractual value and I dont get it, because he's not bad defensively. I'd take him in Baltimore.

Gordon has impressed me with his ability to adapt to a new position and how it helped him offensively. Me and my buddy both have him on our teams already in the form of David Murphy and Nick Markakis. Every team needs an Alex Gordon type in their lineup.

14. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Butler's average was a little low to start the season, but he finally showing pop and the average came around. So I'm pretty pleased with his performance this year. Hosmer is by far a superior defender. He grades out as a plus defender, so I don't think that's changing anytime soon. I get the feeling #countrybreakfast might be a Royal for a while.

I'm disappointed in Gordon's lack of home runs, but 45 doubles is outstanding. I think he's learning to play in Kauffman and starting to realize its not the home run park that Haymarket was for him in college and the minors parks were in Wichita.

Adopted Bronco:

Butler's average was a little low to start the season, but he finally showing pop and the average came around. So I'm pretty pleased with his performance this year. Hosmer is by far a superior defender. He grades out as a plus defender, so I don't think that's changing anytime soon. I get the feeling #countrybreakfast might be a Royal for a while.

I'm disappointed in Gordon's lack of home runs, but 45 doubles is outstanding. I think he's learning to play in Kauffman and starting to realize its not the home run park that Haymarket was for him in college and the minors parks were in Wichita.
    ...and I think that's what Gordon has figured out. He stopped trying to hit HR's last year and ended up having his best offensive season. Not as many dingers this year, but still getting on base and hitting doubles. Markakis was similar for Baltimore. 25 HR and 100 RBI in his 2nd season. That kind of production has disappeared, but he has adapted to a different role. Then, he was a #3 hitter...was moved to the 2 spot...and now hits leadoff. Same stuff has happened with Gordon and he has adapted nicely as well.

For some reason, I see Butler as a Yankee in the future. He just fits the prototype. Good player on a random team. (Swisher, Martin, Granderson) The Yanks love guys like that and I dont know if Butler's mentality will keep him in KC at a discount, or if he'll want big money and a shot at a WS.

If guys like Verdugo, Jeffress, Odorizzi and Montgomery dont pan out for the staff...as well as the kids in the bullpen...it's going to be hard to convince guys like Butler to stick around. Not to mention, the roster gets loaded if Wil Meyers and Bubba Starling turn into legitimate major leaguers.

They have a very young core that can eventually be VERY good. But that pitching is going to have to pan out if they want to attempt to keep the young guys around.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I don't think Billy is a Yankee type of guy. He likes the country too much. I could see him in going to an Atlanta, but probably not the Yankees.

There's an interesting story out there about his first year in KC. His wife started volunteering at a local charity. Came in twice a week, but never told anyone who she was until one day Billy showed up in his F250 to pick her up, and someone recognized him.

She's now running the charity, I believe.

Adopted Bronco:

I don't think Billy is a Yankee type of guy. He likes the country too much. I could see him in going to an Atlanta, but probably not the Yankees.

There's an interesting story out there about his first year in KC. His wife started volunteering at a local charity. Came in twice a week, but never told anyone who she was until one day Billy showed up in his F250 to pick her up, and someone recognized him.

She's now running the charity, I believe.
    Well...I hope it happens. It would be nice to see players stay with small market teams (unless they want to come to Baltimore). But then, Baltimore isnt exactly a large market either.

Adopted Bronco:

Sorry...but I had to post this link. After 14 years of misery, it is finally a fun time.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...53003&c_id=mlb

20. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information