Thread: Favorite Album Ever

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    I know I haven't sold anyone on Jazz yet but my favorite album is Miles Davis Kind of Blue. It was rated the twelfth best album of all time according to Rolling Stones top 500 albums of all time.

http://dj-funktual.hubpages.com/hub/...ms-of-All-Time

John Coltrane and Cannonball Adderley made up part of Miles' group This group was labeled the first great quintet.

Also from Miles Davis in the top 500 was Miles Davis Bitches Brew, the album that really started Fusion Jazz and Miles Davis Sketches of Spain an Jazz collaboration based off of Spanish classical music.

I play them often.
    Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Kind of Blue. I loooooove it. Flamenco Sketches is the bomb. Definitely my go-to jazz album.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastershake
    Lotta love for Radiohead on here. I still think their best album was OK Computer or The Bends, can't decide. In Rainbows was interesting, but the most recent one I need to listen to more to "get" I suppose.
    OK Computer is brilliant, but The Bends isn't really a great album. It's good, and alot of the songs on it are great, but it's too 90s Brit pop and not Radiohead enough. OK Computer is a great balance between old Radiohead and new Radiohead.

I didn't like King of Limbs at all really when it first came out. So I put it away for a few months and picked it up again in December and it clicked. For some reason I think it's meant to be listened to in the winter time. Definitely a grower. But I think it's one of their best. I need to listen to OK Computer again to see if I like KOL better than it. For fun, i'm going to rank my favorite RH albums:

In Rainbows
    Amnesiac
    OK Computer
    King of Limbs
    Hail to the Thief
    Kid A
    The Bends

2. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information