Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What Song Makes You Most Nostalgic?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Default What Song Makes You Most Nostalgic?

For me listening to Hotel California is almost a religious experience every single time - and I've probably heard the song thousands of times at this point.

I have a couple high school memories in particular - and this song always takes me back to that place and time in my life. Lots of songs remind me of certain times in my life - but this one in particular always seems to be a little bit more moving. Same goes with Pink Floyd's Time.

What song does it for you?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Im pretty close, at least in terms for era. For me its either Gary Wright's "Dream Weaver" or Zebra's 80's anthem "Who's Behind the Door?".

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Funny, The Eagles' "Best Of My Love" makes me depressed because it played constantly at the same time I was breaking up with a girl. I'm not sad about the girl anymore but the song still brings back waves of sorrow.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Funny, The Eagles' "Best Of My Love" makes me depressed because it played constantly at the same time I was breaking up with a girl. I'm not sad about the girl anymore but the song still brings back waves of sorrow.
    Yea, sadly there is a song like the for me way back when too. Nazareth's "Love Hurts" which got played like repeatedly by some friends the night my lady and broke up. Now, Missy has that knowledge and that vinyl and i tell her "Play this record is fine, just not that song" (which annoys the shit out of me now) and she always teases she will play it anyway. lol

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Man, this could easily turn into a breakup song thread, because those always make you nostalgic.

This was my ex and I's song and it always brings my mood down a few notches:

12. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I was just going to post that. That song hit right when I was 17. I bought the double album cassette about a week after its release on my birthday (I WAS POOR) and wore it out. That song and album was the backdrop to a great summer and a really carefree time period in my life that I will always remember fondly.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I was just going to post that. That song hit right when I was 17. I bought the double album cassette about a week after its release on my birthday (I WAS POOR) and wore it out. That song and album was the backdrop to a great summer and a really carefree time period in my life that I will always remember fondly.
    I was 15. Had a friend, who was 16, down the street who had a 1970s Riviera (I think) that we cruised around in aimlessly, so when that video came out we were, like 'That's us!' And we listened to it over and over.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I didn't buy Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness until like 2000 as a 16 year old with my KMart discount. But then it stayed in my cd player all summer along with Metallica's Ride the Lightning and Sublime... Ah, what a summer with my new driver's license. Getting nostalgic.

18. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

songs that remind me of summertime as a youth. the summertime crushes, the 4-H fair, cool and the gang, air supply, Jackson browne, offhand those artists. more though. Olivia newton jon (some songs I think.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

youngins...

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Other than North, it seems we're all in the sameish age group. I was a senior in high school when 1979 came out. Great song.

For me it's almost anything from Nirvana. We also wore out Metallica and Pearl Jam tapes.

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Other than North, it seems we're all in the sameish age group. I was a senior in high school when 1979 came out. Great song.

For me it's almost anything from Nirvana. We also wore out Metallica and Pearl Jam tapes.
    Good lord I'm having flashbacks. I remember a heavy rotation of Pearl Jam, NIN, Oasis, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, and Stone Temple Pilots in my old 1992 Geo Prizm. If I was feeling really patient I'd make a mix tape with all of them on it!

Speaking of Oasis, the album Whats the Story (Morning Glory) was the only tape I would switch out with Mellon Collie at the time:

26. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Could never really get into Oasis outside of "Champagne Supernova". But did love me a lot of this album,

28. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I've got a few.
    Add It Up by The Violent Femmes

Under The Bridge by The Red Hot Chili Peppers

Radio by Rancid

Black Sunshine by White Zombie

Mother by Danzig
    Let's Rid3!!!!

30. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information