Thread: Buying/Selling Merch/Memorabilia/Misc Items

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Default Buying/Selling Merch/Memorabilia/Misc Items

I was just thinking, since occasionally a thread pops up with people wanting to buy or sell jerseys maybe we could start a sub-forum for buying and selling jerseys, gear, memorabilia, etc. I know, personally, I've got some duplicate things and some random stuff I'd be willing to part ways with (like two sets of glass Coke bottles with the Coke in it from after the first SB victory and two sets of Coke bottles with the Coke in it from the Rockies' inagural season). I could always list it on eBay or Craigslist.com, but I'd rather it go to someone who I know would appreciate it, like fellow Broncos fans.

Just a thought.

Adopted Bronco:

I have a hook-up on authentics (not Chinese knock-offs) for $100.

Have signed footballs from the 2007 and 2011 Giants Super Bowl teams

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

That you'd be willing to sell?

Does it have to be only Broncos merchandise? I have a ton of Tony Stewart/Home Depot collectable cars - some signed, some not.
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    Does it have to be only Broncos merchandise? I have a ton of Tony Stewart/Home Depot collectable cars - some signed, some not.
    If I had any say, I would say no it doesn't have to be Broncos stuff. It'd be nice to have just a "For Sale" forum where people could sell things to other members versus selling it on eBay or whatever else. I dunno. It sounds good in my head.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I wouldn't mine a buy or trade thread as long as it was opt in so anyone taking part knew Broncos Forums is not responsible is anyone gets scammed or something happens.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

This has been discussed before - this is one thread I found on it:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...highlight=sell

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Let's do this. After we upgrade to vB4, and I see what options it has, we can open up a discussion about it. If we go down this route, we will probably want to put post counts in place before people can post, so that we don't have people creating accounts just to post stuff for sale. The line between spamming and posting something in the spirit of the forum will get blurred, IMO, if we don't have a post limit in place before people can post items for sale.

11. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Let's do this. After we upgrade to vB4, and I see what options it has, we can open up a discussion about it. If we go down this route, we will probably want to put post counts in place before people can post, so that we don't have people creating accounts just to post stuff for sale. The line between spamming and posting something in the spirit of the forum will get blurred, IMO, if we don't have a post limit in place before people can post items for sale.
    I don't see many people having a problem with there being a post count minimum to start threads. I certainly would be in favor of it.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

could we buy or sell non-bronco merchandise?

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    I don't see many people having a problem with there being a post count minimum to start threads. I certainly would be in favor of it.
    Personally, I don't like the idea of putting a post count on starting any thread. A lot of time people join forum and need to ask a question and stuff like that. Again, just my opinion, but while people have proposed a thread count to cut down on threads the find annoying, more times than not the examples they give are from people that are well beyond any reasonable post count.

For a buy/sell forum, I think it's different and would invite spammers, but in a much greyer area than we have now (meaning, it could be hard to define a person as a spammer if what they are selling is in the spirit of the forum).

However, overall post count limits have been discussed now and then, and if the community at large wanted them to start any thread, then that's what we would do.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'm all for a post count minimum. And I'd like it to be a buy/sell anything forum, not just Broncos stuff.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I would favor a post count minimum since a few people can't contain themselves (tebowtime comes to mind). It will cut down on the number of troll/smack threads though.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I would favor a post count minimum since a few people can't contain themselves (tebowtime comes to mind). It will cut down on the number of troll/smack threads though.
    The post count minimum would just be for buying/selling.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information