Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 under the radar types that Denver should draft

Default 3 under the radar types that Denver should draft

Lavonte David OLB Neb - Biggest knock on this kid is his size, he's 6''0 225lbs. But if Doom taught us anything its that size doesn't matter. He's a great tackler, squares his shoulders, wraps up, and runs through the tackle. He is good in coverage, and has above average speed. He's a leader and a good character type. I know we are sound at OLB, but DJ is getting older and David would provide depth, and could be a great 3 down backer when his time comes

Terrance Ganaway RB Baylor - He's a good guy first of all, he's fought through adversity (his mother passing away), he's been on mission trips to Kenya, and is a regular on the Deans list. He is a big back coming in at 5''11 241lbs and is a bruiser. He has the ability to run away from pursuit at the NFL level, has deceptive game speed. He will run a defense down, not shifty in space but illusive enough to make the first man miss. Needs to work on his pass catching. A Mike Tolbert type player.

Brandon Mosley OT Auburn - Dumber than a box of rocks, but plays the game with a chip on his shoulder. Average size of an OT, 6''5 300lbs, but has a big wing span and is tough to get around. He is more of a developmental player, has all of the physical tools but just needs some time to develop. Good against the run, will put some defenders on their backs. Doesn't want to bend his knees in pass protection, and needs to work on his hand placement to become a better pass blocker. Would provide adiquate depth to the position, and if his skill level increased enough, it would be nice to move Franklin into the Guard position and have Mosley at Tackle, it would be a mean set up.

All of these players will be available on day 2 of the draft, and most likely day 3. Guys that could possibly make an immediate impact on the team, and we wouldn't be wasting high draft picks on them. Just a thought though.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoBowlby 88 For This Post:

A tackle? I doubt it, franklin is gonna be a stud. Dominated the edge. Ill take ganaway in round 6 though. Aslong as we come away with wilson,miller or jamed in round 2

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBowlby 88 View Post
    Lavonte David OLB Neb - Biggest knock on this kid is his size, he's 6''0 225lbs. But if Doom taught us anything its that size doesn't matter. He's a great tackler, squares his shoulders, wraps up, and runs through the tackle. He is good in coverage, and has above average speed. He's a leader and a good character type. I know we are sound at OLB, but DJ is getting older and David would provide depth, and could be a great 3 down backer when his time comes

Terrance Ganaway RB Baylor - He's a good guy first of all, he's fought through adversity (his mother passing away), he's been on mission trips to Kenya, and is a regular on the Deans list. He is a big back coming in at 5''11 241lbs and is a bruiser. He has the ability to run away from pursuit at the NFL level, has deceptive game speed. He will run a defense down, not shifty in space but illusive enough to make the first man miss. Needs to work on his pass catching. A Mike Tolbert type player.

Brandon Mosley OT Auburn - Dumber than a box of rocks, but plays the game with a chip on his shoulder. Average size of an OT, 6''5 300lbs, but has a big wing span and is tough to get around. He is more of a developmental player, has all of the physical tools but just needs some time to develop. Good against the run, will put some defenders on their backs. Doesn't want to bend his knees in pass protection, and needs to work on his hand placement to become a better pass blocker. Would provide adiquate depth to the position, and if his skill level increased enough, it would be nice to move Franklin into the Guard position and have Mosley at Tackle, it would be a mean set up.

All of these players will be available on day 2 of the draft, and most likely day 3. Guys that could possibly make an immediate impact on the team, and we wouldn't be wasting high draft picks on them. Just a thought though.
    Great post! All 3 are worthy players.
    I've had Lavonte on my sleeper list for a while now.

Literally JUST made a similar thread in the draft forum about "scout round" players:

Jack Crawford, PSU, DE. Versatile player with some significant speed for the position. Had a solid but far from spectacular season, but dealt with a nagging injury though most of the year on top of the obvious PSU turmoil. I see him in the Jason Hunter mold... nothing great but could be a valuable rotational asset.

Justin Bethel, Presbetyrian (yes srs lol), CB. Mediocre size and mediocre speed, but plays much faster and seems to have some crazy instincts and oddly explosion athleticism. Will be interested to keep an eye on his road to try sneaking into the later rounds.

TJ Graham, NC State, WR. Guy's an absolute burner and former track standout that's still developing as a football player (transition from primarily returner to WR). Could end up being an invaluable gadget player for this unique Tebow led offense.

Kevious Watkins, SC, OG. He's a 340 lb behemoth of a guard. I think that says enough.
    Russlin jimmies since 1981

6. The Following User High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

The Broncos need to trade down a few times and increase the number of picks..

picking so late in the first round...
    it not like we are gonna get blue chip players anyway.

We need MORE tickets in this lottery...
    since our picks will be mostly educated guesses.

It wont surprise me to see efx TRADE OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND.
    AFC WEST Champions
    Steelers HATE US.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    The Broncos need to trade down a few times and increase the number of picks..

picking so late in the first round...
    it not like we are gonna get blue chip players anyway.

We need MORE tickets in this lottery...
    since our picks will be mostly educated guesses.

It wont surprise me to see efx TRADE OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND.
    Agree. If they get a deal like 2005 with Washington to move into the 2nd and pick up a 2013 first, I think they take it without blinking.

In one fell swoop we maintain the same amount of picks for this year while having "contingency ammo" to move for a Barkley in case Tebow falls off.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
    Agree. If they get a deal like 2005 with Washington to move into the 2nd and pick up a 2013 first, I think they take it without blinking.

In one fell swoop we maintain the same amount of picks for this year while having "contingency ammo" to move for a Barkley in case Tebow falls off.
    Love this plan.

Quote Originally Posted by OMorange&blue View Post
    Love this plan.
    Same.

Outside of Still miraculously falling to our selection, there's no one I'm in love with.

Meanwhile, there will still be some solid CBs we can inject into our roster in the 2nd along with adding depth and talent to the OL.

At that point, we'll be nearing the "tipping point" with a moderately competitive roster (assuming Elway meant that they planned on spending in this coming FA in his most recent quote).

With a "fuller" roster, we'll have a better shot at evaluating Tebow's progress.

-If he succeeds, we all win, and we can use 2 first round picks in pushing this team over the top in 2013.

-If he fails, we have a better roster to surround a young QB like Barley in 2013.

Either option make my penis twitch

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
    Same.

Outside of Still miraculously falling to our selection, there's no one I'm in love with.

Meanwhile, there will still be some solid CBs we can inject into our roster in the 2nd along with adding depth and talent to the OL.

At that point, we'll be nearing the "tipping point" with a moderately competitive roster (assuming Elway meant that they planned on spending in this coming FA in his most recent quote).

With a "fuller" roster, we'll have a better shot at evaluating Tebow's progress.

-If he succeeds, we all win, and we can use 2 first round picks in pushing this team over the top in 2013.

-If he fails, we have a better roster to surround a young QB like Barley in 2013.

Either option make my penis twitch
    This is why i am open to either of the plans recently posted.
    Either, trade down and aquire a bunch of picks with a plan for a QB next year just in case, or go after a Ray Rice or another superstar that will be tendered with a 1st. I like either plan.

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

And not just the 1st round....

They need to wheel and deal and get MORE talent in camp...
    if we are gonna build a team..
    we need to draft a lot of guys.

TD was a 6th rounder.. the list goes on...

we NEED more picks on that 2nd day.
    AFC WEST Champions
    Steelers HATE US.

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    And not just the 1st round....

They need to wheel and deal and get MORE talent in camp...
    if we are gonna build a team..
    we need to draft a lot of guys.

TD was a 6th rounder.. the list goes on...

we NEED more picks on that 2nd day.
    Yeah. I would love to see an extra 2nd round pick. Get some mean, nasty linemen. Depth at DT/O line is ridiculous in this draft.

David's not really a sleeper, but he's a superb player. He should go in the second round. He may be the best cover LB in the draft, and what he lacks in size he makes up for in toughness. He was a senior and a team captain with no character issues. He's exactly what EFX looks for in thier draft picks and fits the John Fox mold of linebackers. He'll probably run a 4.4 at the combine. Great find. He's on my list of Broncos draft prospects in the 1st and 2nd round in the draft forum.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Ziggy is continually impressive when I read his posts.

19. Default

Im not sure how I feel about trading down to awful much. If they don't think they can find a day one starter at the 25th pick then I'm fine with trolling for talent with extra picks. I just think we can get a great player in the 1st round, but if they can keep drafting like they did last year I'm fine with trading down. I just really love david, would love to see him as a bronco!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

I've been thinking about the possibility to trade down, and depending on where Tannehill is come the 25th overall pick, Philadelphia could be a trading partner for Denver since they have two second round picks and two fourth round picks.

They really have no value for trading down in most rounds unless out of the first because they do have late picks in most rounds of the draft.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information