Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: So whos your team

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

NBA-Bulls (raised a Jordan fan)
    NFL- Broncos (raised a bronco fan)
    MLB- Braves (born in Atlanta and they have an A on cap which is my first initial)
    NHL- Sharks (grew in cali and loved them and Ducks)
    Last edited by NightTerror218; 06-06-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    The Orioles play over the last 15 years could scare away ANY fan. Feel free to come back and share in the misery with me.
    Major league baseball scared this fan away. I still sometimes check the box score or the Draft in the mornings if a workmate left the sports section in the stall, i just don't watch it. But i still do have my autographed lithograph of Brooks Robinson on my office wall at home.

Tell me about Christian Walker. Orioles drafted him in the 4th round. I have concerns about low power guys that are limited to 1st base.
    Good player. Plays hurt (CWS '11), which his hand hasn't given him any problems this year btw, and can be effective. Atleast not out loud or to where he's missed any playing time because of it. Best hitter on the team, especially in clutch situations. Hits with power when given the green light, but that isn't much with our small ball style play like your Aggies. We're not going to hit for power or have big power numbers like Florida with Zunino and Tucker.

Good pitches were hard to come by for him this year with no other real threat power hitter in the lineup to help him out like a Tucker to a Zunino for ex.. He's got power, he can crank it. He's well built. Short, compact, thick, thick trunk. Opponents would rather just pitch around him, wouldn't give him anything to hit being he was our only proven power guy. They'd just settle on trying to get him to chase something and be ok just walking him (43bb on the season so far) and taking their chances with the Fresh. and Soph's.

Solid defensive player. Appearantly he did some catching in H.S. I don't know if there's a future for him there or not, he may be limited to 1st. Scouting baseball players is not my cup of tea. I only say that because he's a average athlete, good athlete but not super, whos glove is better than his arm imo. The transition from college baseball to the MLB is ALOT diffrent than it is from college football to the NFL or High School/College basketball to the NBA.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Tell me about Christian Walker. Orioles drafted him in the 4th round. I have concerns about low power guys that are limited to 1st base.
    I saw that the Orioles drafted Kevin Gausman (LSU). He's done a solid job for the Tigers.

Skinny....Good luck to your Gamecocks against Oklahoma. Stony Brook giving LSU all they can handle. Last night's game is in a rain delay in the 12th inning, will resume today.

4. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Shanahan

Being from DC, for me its the Wizards. Yes, feel sorry for me LOL.

But i've been out here for about a year now and I've fallen in love with the Nuggets.
    Born and raised in DC....living in Denver. I love the Redskins, and the Broncos!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information