Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Lifting Weights

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
    Sorry for the delay, was at GF's for V-day and by the time I got home this morning I was running late for some fasted cardio I do everyday and then lunch.

I'm familiar with p90x and I think it's a really great tool and stepping stone for beginners, but if you're willing to invest the time to learn about different workouts, and even more importantly, nutrition, you can much more significant strides doing other things. IMO, at least.

Here's the contest I was just telling you about:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/febr...challenge.html

Grand prize for this one is 10k cash + other prizes so not too bad.

Let me know if you need help registering or anything. I have the same username on that site so I'm pretty easy to find (yes, previous contest progress pics of me flexing in my underwear. no, not embarrassed lol)
    ya all those professional athletes in the NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB must be using P90X as a stepping stone so they can someday be as fit as you
    Last edited by NightTrainLayne; 02-15-2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Personal Attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    ya all those professional athletes in the NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB must be using P90X as a stepping stone so they can someday be as fit as you
    ...I'm sorry, you think professional athletes are using P90X?

The same guys that have actual professional strength coaches? Tuten for example (recently fired lol)

Are you special?
    Last edited by NightTrainLayne; 02-15-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    Russlin jimmies since 1981

...I'm sorry, you think professional athletes are using P90X?

The same guys that have actual professional strength coaches? Tuten for example (recently fired lol)

Are you special?
    no the only special person here is you... you've told us how special you are since you got her
    Last edited by NightTrainLayne; 02-15-2012 at 08:38 PM. Reason: personal Attack

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

no the only special person here is you... you've told us how special you are since you got her douchebag
    Insightful post. Thanks for adding.

LOL @ Canada.

LOL @ Canada.
    You do know that the entire Philadephia Eagles team used P90X for a season, right? So did the Montreal Canadiens, but their Canadian so they must be pussies
    Last edited by NightTrainLayne; 02-15-2012 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Personal Attack

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Peeps lose about 1 pound of muscle per year after age 40. That means your metabolism slows down and you gain fat weight. Your muscle mass drops but your weight goes up. Its like increasing the size of the car while decreasing the size of the engine. But its preventable if you lift weights.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

LMAO! I didnt realize I just posted in the middle of a flaming war..haha...sorry...
    Highly entertaining.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

LOL @ Canada.
    You do know that the entire Philadephia Eagles team used P90X for a season, right? So did the Montreal Canadiens, but their Canadian so they must be pussies
    P90X and Cross fit are no joke. But a lot of weight lifters who think they're God's gift to fitness look at those programs like they're below them.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I can max about 145 lbs, is that good?
    Better than all the girly men
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

P90X is freakin cool. That Tony Horton dude is over 50 I think.
    I havent done it, but I watched it a few times...lol...People can get in shape with that, hell ya

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    P90X is freakin cool. That Tony Horton dude is over 50 I think.
    I havent done it, but I watched it a few times...lol...People can get in shape with that, hell ya
    No one's disputing that. Dude threw a hissy fit because I said there are more effective alternatives if you're willing to invest the time to learn them.

13. The Following User High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

OH LAWD, so I looked into "Eagles p90x" because... well... it's obviously bullshit, and guess what?

David Akers, their KICKER, was the one doing it in the off-season.

I swear, I'm about to die laughing over this kid's posts.

holy crap. Chazeo puts up 145 on the leg press?

No one's disputing that. Dude threw a hissy fit because I said there are more effective alternatives if you're willing to invest the time to learn them.
    nah no hissy fit, just called you a douchebag because you scream look at me! in every thread your in... you must be a pretty insecure person. Oh.. and then stated pro athletes that have used P90X.

17. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

SR

Its a good point. I actually got p90x back in '05- looong time ago and the reason I got it is because a bunch of the moves they were doing in the vids were the same exact moves I did in dry land training when I was playing college hockey. I recognised those moves and knew it was legit.

Is it the best thing out there, I have no clue as I've never been huge into body building. But if you modify it slightly you can make it pretty sexy. I have no clue about pro athletes using it. Wouldn't surprise me though if some did.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

19. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

SR

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information