Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I think NFL should expand to 40 franchises.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Default I think NFL should expand to 40 franchises.

1. Los Angeles, California

2. Las Vegas, Neveda

3. Portland, Oregon

4. Salt Lake City, Utah

5. Lincoln, Nebraska

6. Rapid City, South Dakota

7. Wyoming

8. Connecticut

Discuss.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

What about Hawaii? It would be tough to adjust a different time zone.

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

The entire population of Rapid City (excluding metro area) could fit into SAF @ Mile High and still have seats left over.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

While you're obviously joking...

L.A., Las Vegas, Portland, Salt Lake, Omaha, San Antonio, Toronto and London could feasibly all support NFL teams...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

They should have add more "Western" teams.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

When I was a kid, I thought it would be cool if Ft. Collins had a pro team.

Ft. Collins is about the same size as Green Bay...I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    When I was a kid, I thought it would be cool if Ft. Collins had a pro team.

Ft. Collins is about the same size as Green Bay...I think.
    I also thought it would be cool to be invisible, so I could sneak into the girls locker room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

9. The Following 12 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I also thought it would be cool to be invisible, so I could sneak into the girls locker room.
    lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

IMO, NFL expansion won't happen but it is intriguing.
    Here's my 2 cents.

NFL International expansion:

1-Mexico City- Don't they still hv a high rate of... um I don't know, death! :0 I thought they were in turmoil w/ the drug wars and all that. Well, hopefully I'm wrong bc the last exhibition the NFL had there packed a 100,000 + seat stadium if I'm not mistaken. They love NFL football.

2-London- They have fans, I can see an international franchise working but for how long, that's a diff story.U know the NFL, there are the hvs & the hv nots. When the London team becomes the hv nots bc of a diluted talent pool, will the fans stay like they do for their soccer teams?

3-Barcelona- I say this bc of a successful NFLE & WLAF franchise. The Dragons. Might work, maybe not.

4-Tokyo- Could it work? They hv an American football league in Japan. Pretty popular to my understanding. The exhibition played in the Tokyo dome years ago drew a decent crowd.

Frankfurt-Again, WLAF & NFLE had a franchise. Pretty successful.

Montreal- Yep, WLAF ties. Although w/ the Alouettes recent success probably won't work. Toronto is probably a better fit. Maybe even Hamilton or Ottawa.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    While you're obviously joking...

L.A., Las Vegas, Portland, Salt Lake, Omaha, San Antonio, Toronto and London could feasibly all support NFL teams...
    Omaha... The cornfields need more football to watch and Nebraska fans do love their college Cornhuskers, which means that they could love a pro team too.

Omaha is ranked in the top 50 US cities in population with 454,000-plus which is comparable to Cleveland. Maybe if UFL would merge with the NFL, Omaha Nighthawks of the NFL will probability play in the NFC North against the Packers, Lions, Vikings, and Bears.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Omaha... The cornfields need more football to watch and Nebraska fans do love their college Cornhuskers, which means that they could love a pro team too.

Omaha is ranked in the top 50 US cities in population with 454,000-plus which is comparable to Cleveland. Maybe if UFL would merge with the NFL, Omaha Nighthawks of the NFL will probability play in the NFC North against the Packers, Lions, Vikings, and Bears.
    Plus, a 70,000 seat stadium would be the fourth largest city in the state on gameday. The third largest, of course, is Memorial Stadium on gameday...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I think the NFL outside North America is a truly bad idea beyond the occasional exhibition game.

Putting teams in Mexico is very risky. Putting teams in Canada destroys the CFL. So let's just stay in the U.S. Here's what's doable.

1) Los Angeles. No question but it serves the NFL now as the phantom city everyone else threatens to move to when they want a new stadium or other concessions.

2) San Antonio. The stadium is there. It could start tomorrow if ownership was found.

3) Las Vegas. If the NFL is comfortable living with the gambling element. They may not be.

4) Birmingham. This probably works better than you'd think.

5) Portland, OR. Kinda iffy. May have problems sustaining this and a Seattle team. You'll notice no other major sports league currently franchises in both.

6) Orlando. May be the same problems with Tampa that a Portland franchise would have with Seattle. Can two franchises survive so close?

7) Louisville. Iffy but if Buffalo can make it work (barely), so might Louisville. Salt Lake City is about the same boat. Small market but might pull it off.

8) New York City. Seems to be no end to those ******. Maybe a third team works, especially if you put it in Connecticut or Long Island or someplace away from the Meadowlands. Carving up the TV pie would be a bitch though. You might be better off putting a second team in L.A.

That gets you up to 40 teams but that pretty much exhausts the markets.
    Last edited by OrangeHoof; 02-13-2012 at 08:11 PM.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

IMO, NFL expansion won't happen but it is intriguing.
    Here's my 2 cents.

NFL International expansion:

1-Mexico City- Don't they still hv a high rate of... um I don't know, death! :0 I thought they were in turmoil w/ the drug wars and all that. Well, hopefully I'm wrong bc the last exhibition the NFL had there packed a 100,000 + seat stadium if I'm not mistaken. They love NFL football.

2-London- They have fans, I can see an international franchise working but for how long, that's a diff story.U know the NFL, there are the hvs & the hv nots. When the London team becomes the hv nots bc of a diluted talent pool, will the fans stay like they do for their soccer teams?

3-Barcelona- I say this bc of a successful NFLE & WLAF franchise. The Dragons. Might work, maybe not.

4-Tokyo- Could it work? They hv an American football league in Japan. Pretty popular to my understanding. The exhibition played in the Tokyo dome years ago drew a decent crowd.

Frankfurt-Again, WLAF & NFLE had a franchise. Pretty successful.

Montreal- Yep, WLAF ties. Although w/ the Alouettes recent success probably won't work. Toronto is probably a better fit. Maybe even Hamilton or Ottawa.
    Montreal cant fill a 15000 seat stadium for a team that are perennial favorites in the CFL... not to mention they dont have a stadium thats up to par for the NFL... the stade olympique is a hole thats falling apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

1. Los Angeles, California

2. Las Vegas, Neveda

3. Portland, Oregon

4. Salt Lake City, Utah

5. Lincoln, Nebraska

6. Rapid City, South Dakota

7. Wyoming

8. Connecticut

Discuss.
    I dont think Las Vegas will get pro franchises... I dont think the leagues want to take any chances with the gambling guidos

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Des moines iowa is a good one, i go to school in iowa and im from saint louis, if theres one thing i could say about iowa, they have a magnificent fan base, they sell out every hawkeye game, and iowa state game, and UNI game, hell even there arena football team sells out almost eveey game, and they have a nba d league team and average around 9000 plus.

This is a state that craves for a big time pro team hands down

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information