Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nate Irving could be in line to become the Broncos’ starting middle linebacker in 2012.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    So...

Irving had no shot to ever learn the defense because of "no OTAs", but undrafted rookies and practice squad guys nailed it?

Uh huh. I love Irving, but I'm not buying that we're goin' to war next year with him at MLB, sight unseen.

We can blame the injury instead if we'd like, but until we refuse to add a MLB in FA I'm not gonna buy that Irving has been gifted with the starting gig at Mike in 2012. Calling the defense is a big responsibility, as is plugging running lanes as a skinny backer. If Nate's proven to them that he can do it, more power to him. He's a great kid with a load of talent, and I was stoked to get him.

I'll just be surprised if a guy who could not see the field in most games is suddenly out there as a 16 game starter from the first day of training camp. I really hope his game has come that far...and that he can be better than Mays if that's the case.

Because we don't need a MLB who's worse than Mays.

Honestly... I could see him at Will backing up (and then replacing) DJ once Woodyard goes more easily than I can see him as our 2012 starting MLB at this point. It'll be fun to find out.

~G
    You haven't seen him, but did the coaches not see him every day of the
    season? I would say they know far more about him than we do, wouldn't
    you? I'm not saying he's necessarily the answer, but I am saying that it
    would not seem he's totally "sight unseen."

But I did notice, G, that you have him playing Will, sight unseen . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

2. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Theres so much unseen these days.............

I HOPE the kid can come in and take over at MLB. I really liked his instincts in college and loved the way he closed holes immediately with great feel for the play. He can also intercept a pass......Denvers been missing some plays from the LBer positions when it comes to the passing game for YEARS.

I hope he can be what EFX obviously hope he can be.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

So...

Irving had no shot to ever learn the defense because of "no OTAs", but undrafted rookies and practice squad guys nailed it?

Uh huh. I love Irving, but I'm not buying that we're goin' to war next year with him at MLB, sight unseen.

We can blame the injury instead if we'd like, but until we refuse to add a MLB in FA I'm not gonna buy that Irving has been gifted with the starting gig at Mike in 2012. Calling the defense is a big responsibility, as is plugging running lanes as a skinny backer. If Nate's proven to them that he can do it, more power to him. He's a great kid with a load of talent, and I was stoked to get him.

I'll just be surprised if a guy who could not see the field in most games is suddenly out there as a 16 game starter from the first day of training camp. I really hope his game has come that far...and that he can be better than Mays if that's the case.

Honestly... I could see him at Will backing up (and then replacing) DJ once Woodyard goes more easily than I can see him as our 2012 starting MLB at this point. It'll be fun to find out.

~G
    Could happen "G". Here is one scouts take on him before the draft last year.

"Good sized, smart, tough, confident, high motor backer who played MLB for the Wolfpack, but is better suited for the strong side in a 4-3. Lost some burst and did not look as athletic after missing the 2009 season because of injuries sustained in a car accident".

Evidently he had injuries to his shoulder, lung, leg and ribs from the accident. Hopefully he is another year removed from that and healed up 100%.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:

Nate will find a spot somewhere on the field. I'm pretty confident in his desire

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

So...

~G
    So you think Woodyard is gone? I like Nate at Will as well if he doesn't work out at Mike. His ability to makes plays behind the los is scary when you think about Von on the other side.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information