Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver Broncos GM Brian Xanders: Team will “Absolutely” build around Tim Tebow

Default Denver Broncos GM Brian Xanders: Team will “Absolutely” build around Tim Tebow

Broncos' GM Brian Xanders—the least known member of EFX, or Elway Fox Xanders—spoke on ESPN's 102.3 FM Friday and talked all about the team.

One of his most striking quotes revolved around none other than the heinously hyped Tim Tebow.

When asked if the Broncos would build their team around Tebow, Xanders answered “Absolutely.”

READ FULL ARTICLE:
    http://www.examiner.com/denver-bronc...ound-tim-tebow
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Broncos' GM Brian Xanders—the least known member of EFX, or Elway Fox Xanders—spoke on ESPN's 102.3 FM Friday and talked all about the team.

One of his most striking quotes revolved around none other than the heinously hyped Tim Tebow.

When asked if the Broncos would build their team around Tebow, Xanders answered “Absolutely.”

READ FULL ARTICLE:
    http://www.examiner.com/denver-bronc...ound-tim-tebow
    What it means is Denver has committed to Tebow as their starting quarterback, at least in the short term.
    Sorry, I don't buy it...I don't see Denver committing to the read-option offense for one, let alone to a quarterback that remains a project and struggles to obtain even a basic understanding of, or that of the capability of passing at an NFL level, yet. I would hope that Elway and Fox were not that short sighted because it could seriously impact their careers and the support of the fans. I don't mind them trying to conform and develop him, but if they're going to focus on changing the offense to fit him, it will fail and they'll be stuck with players that could later not adjust to a pro-style offense.

I love what Nick Foles said about being a Broncos' fan and would love to be the quarterback of the future here.

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

yeah... its just words and doesn't really mean much

In order for the team to "buy into" Tebow as the QB, they would have to commit to drafting players that are build around the "option" offense. How do you do that when so far, it hasn't proved to be successful?? FA's would have to be acquired to fit around a system that has proved to have major flaws in a league that is built around and FOR passing.

I think the same statement could be made about any offensive player on the roster. "We absolutely are going to build around DT." Whats that mean?

In our case, I don't think it means building players around Tebow's college offensive system becuase you can't do that for the "short term." You bring in FA's and draftpicks that are meant to be Option players...and then you have to move one to a pocket passer....then you have to start all over.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

I think peeps might be overreacting here. What does it even mean to build around Tebow? Its not like a running back that is successful in the read option can't be succesful in a more contemporary offense. I mean Mcgahee did fine in the read option even though he has been succesful in other offences. Same with DT, came from an option program in college bit I'd disagre with anyone who said he couldn't play in a more pass happy offense.

Really just a meaningless comment from Xanders. No reason at all to think a skill position player could only play in a read option offense, or for that matter could only play in am offense that wasn't based around the read option. Its just football.
    If not me, who?

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived bcbronc For This Post:

Where are you people getting the impression or idea that Denver is going to be running a generic, boring run-first option offense as long as Tebow is the QB?

Building a team around him as a QB doesn't have anything to do with building the offense around the option.

10. The Following 14 Users High Fived Shananahan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
    Where are you people getting the impression or idea that Denver is going to be running a generic, boring run-first option offense as long as Tebow is the QB?

Building a team around him as a QB doesn't have anything to do with building the offense around the option.
    Can Tebow become more prototypical? And if so, do you have proof of this? I'm not saying that he will not, I'm stating he has to prove he can, as he is now, to say they're going to build around him, is well a generic way of saying they are going to build the team around his strengths, the same said strengths that I might add which forced Fox to run with the Read Option in the first place because he couldn't handle and seemed to struggle with the more pro-style Erhardt-Perkins system.

It's one of those careful what you say statements because it can backfire. Thankfully, most of us realize that Xanders is the Rain Man of the front office, he usually sounds confused and lost. His statement could be taken as the absence of competition, the inability to coach and conform Tebow and much more. You don't build the team around him, you build the team and force him to fit within that philosophy, if he can not then you tweak it slightly, if he still struggles then you move on.

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    the same said strengths that I might add which forced Fox to run with the Read Option in the first place because he couldn't handle and seemed to struggle with the more pro-style Erhardt-Perkins system.
    Tebow's strengths didn't force Fox or anybody into the option, run-heavy offense. His weaknesses did. Tebow's strengths were what allowed said offense to actually have some success. Tebow's weaknesses prevented them from being able to open the thing up and throw more, I think, and as he (theoretically) improves, the offense will become more pro-style.

I also disagree with your notion that you build a team and a philosophy and then fit the QB into it. You do that if you have to due to a lack of talent, but it's not the way anybody would do it if they had their choice. GB with Rodgers, Indy with Manning, NO with Brees, Rivers in SD... all of those teams were built around those players skills and styles. If you've got a real player at the quarterback position (we're not sure we do yet) then the correct thing to do is build your team around him, not force him into something else.

14. The Following 11 Users High Fived Shananahan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Build around Tebow.

Thats a wide ranging statement.

Doesnt communicate committment to him as a franchise player to me at all if thats whats being insinuated.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

What great news to start off the off-season and this week
    Russlin jimmies since 1981

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

That would be Ok!! Tebow is a good QB!

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I don't see where it says they will build around him as QB. They probably mean to build around him as FB or TE

Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable. -
    Mark Twain

I am a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the luckier I become-Thomas Jefferson

21. The Following User High Fived catfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

We'll see, McDaniels wasn't going to trade Cutler either.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

23. The Following 7 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post

True dat.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Haha, Too true, so ya never know!

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Jacksonville would sell the farm for the guaranteed ticket revenue Tebow would bring in

Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable. -
    Mark Twain

I am a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the luckier I become-Thomas Jefferson

28. The Following 3 Users High Fived catfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information