Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady clutch like Montana??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Tom Brady clutch like Montana??

Reallllllly???

He will go down as a 3 time SB winner...but it ends there.

Chow says....."So long gay boys!!!"

Pshhh psshhhh pshhhhh
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

He's never won a Super Bowl as an elite passer. He's currently 0-2 when they need a game winning TD in the Super Bowl. Did he play a good game? Yes. Is he one of the best passing QB's ever? Yes. Is he a first ballot HoF QB? Yes. Is he actually what a lot of his supporters say he is?

No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

3. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He's never won a Super Bowl as an elite passer. He's currently 0-2 when they need a game winning TD in the Super Bowl. Did he play a good game? Yes. Is he one of the best passing QB's ever? Yes. Is he a first ballot HoF QB? Yes. Is he actually what a lot of his supporters say he is?

No.
    King, you are being disingenuous and you know it. In the two Super Bowls that Brady has lost, he only had 35 seconds and 57 seconds in which to "lead the Patriots to a game winning touchdown". Neither Montana nor Elway EVER led their team to a Super Bowl winning TD when starting with less then 3:20 left in game, let alone under a minute. Therefore, under your criteria and analysis, neither Montana nor Elway would be elite either.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    King, you are being disingenuous and you know it. In the two Super Bowls that Brady has lost, he only had 35 seconds and 57 seconds in which to "lead the Patriots to a game winning touchdown". Neither Montana nor Elway EVER led their team to a Super Bowl winning TD when starting with less then 3:20 left in game, let alone under a minute. Therefore, under your criteria and analysis, neither Montana nor Elway would be elite either.
    Not at all. The main reason why Brady was so celebrated was because he was so clutch. He gets the ball back in the fourth and he's supposed to win. For years and years when he was just a good passer and not a great one that was why he was so highly touted.

Brady played a good game. Also, don't put words in my mouth, because that's not my criteria. I think judging a quarterback by Super Bowl wins is retarded. The "is Eli better then Peyton" conversations are sparking up, and those two QB's are not even close.

The fact remains that Brady has not won a SB as an elite passer. He's won the SB's as a good QB on a strong defensive team, but he wasn't the driving force of the team. He's now 0-2 in his last two SB's when you need a touchdown he can't get you one.

But he can get you that field goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Not at all. The main reason why Brady was so celebrated was because he was so clutch. He gets the ball back in the fourth and he's supposed to win. For years and years when he was just a good passer and not a great one that was why he was so highly touted.

Brady played a good game. Also, don't put words in my mouth, because that's not my criteria. I think judging a quarterback by Super Bowl wins is retarded. The "is Eli better then Peyton" conversations are sparking up, and those two QB's are not even close.

The fact remains that Brady has not won a SB as an elite passer. He's won the SB's as a good QB on a strong defensive team, but he wasn't the driving force of the team. He's now 0-2 in his last two SB's when you need a touchdown he can't get you one.

But he can get you that field goal.
    Let me see if I can summarize what you said in 1 sentence: FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT! Teams that understand that win SB, like the Patriots used to do & the Giants still do. Teams that don't understand that don't win SBs.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Let me see if I can summarize what you said in 1 sentence: FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT! Teams that understand that win SB, like the Patriots used to do & the Giants still do. Teams that don't understand that don't win SBs.
    Yeeeeep.

No.
    Dumbest statement I think I've ever read on a message board in a long long time its almost comical and borderline trolling imo.

I guess no QB is an elite passer then. Brady had a go ahead TD late in SB 42, but Eli then got the ball back and scored leaving Brady very little time left. And this Superbowl, Welker dropped a pass that would have ran a few more minutes off the clock.

He is about 2 plays from being 5-0 in Superbowls. He is also 2 FG's from being 1-4 in SB's as well.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Adopted Bronco:

In Brady's defense...he did have a few catchable balls dropped that could have helped/sealed a victory

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    In Brady's defense...he did have a few catchable balls dropped that could have helped/sealed a victory
    Yes, he did, but I didn't want to say anything about that because "I am biased" and because they win as a team and lose as a team. I saw where Wes Welker is taking his drop extremely hard.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    Yes, he did, but I didn't want to say anything about that because "I am biased" and because they win as a team and lose as a team. I saw where Wes Welker is taking his drop extremely hard.
    I hate Brady and the Pats as much as the next Bronco fan, but I still call it like I see it.

I was shocked to see Welker and Hernandez drop such easy passes. There were a few that I thought Branch should have had as well. Not easy ones, but still catchable.

I'm happy they were dropped though

15. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I was shocked to see Welker and Hernandez drop such easy passes. There were a few that I thought Branch should have had as well.
    Dude, you stole my line. The only thing left for me to remind everyone that these 3 drops were consecutive.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

17. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Hello Wes Welker.

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    Hello Wes Welker.
    That was just as much as an off pass as it was a "non-catch." No way anyone can blame Welker for dropping that ball.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    That was just as much as an off pass as it was a "non-catch." No way anyone can blame Welker for dropping that ball.
    I respect you Ravage but I disagree. Welker makes that play 95 off 100 times. Big time WR make that play. Brady had to drop it in there and he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    I respect you Ravage but I disagree. Welker makes that play 95 off 100 times. Big time WR make that play. Brady had to drop it in there and he did.
    I see what you are saying, but he to turn, in the air, leaping and twisting just to get his hands on that pass... in which he as WIDE open. That would have been a GREAT catch, on a poor pass.. and an even poorer pass considering how open he was. Could he have caught it, sure. SHOULD he have.. no way. Brady SHOULD have made a much better pass...... and Brady DID miss a WIDE open Gronk in the last playoff game.

That catch is not NEARLY.. not NEARLY... as easy as you guys are making it out to be.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

22. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information