Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady clutch like Montana??

Default Tom Brady clutch like Montana??

Reallllllly???

He will go down as a 3 time SB winner...but it ends there.

Chow says....."So long gay boys!!!"

Pshhh psshhhh pshhhhh
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

He's never won a Super Bowl as an elite passer. He's currently 0-2 when they need a game winning TD in the Super Bowl. Did he play a good game? Yes. Is he one of the best passing QB's ever? Yes. Is he a first ballot HoF QB? Yes. Is he actually what a lot of his supporters say he is?

No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

3. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He's never won a Super Bowl as an elite passer. He's currently 0-2 when they need a game winning TD in the Super Bowl. Did he play a good game? Yes. Is he one of the best passing QB's ever? Yes. Is he a first ballot HoF QB? Yes. Is he actually what a lot of his supporters say he is?

No.
    King, you are being disingenuous and you know it. In the two Super Bowls that Brady has lost, he only had 35 seconds and 57 seconds in which to "lead the Patriots to a game winning touchdown". Neither Montana nor Elway EVER led their team to a Super Bowl winning TD when starting with less then 3:20 left in game, let alone under a minute. Therefore, under your criteria and analysis, neither Montana nor Elway would be elite either.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

In Brady's defense...he did have a few catchable balls dropped that could have helped/sealed a victory

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    In Brady's defense...he did have a few catchable balls dropped that could have helped/sealed a victory
    Yes, he did, but I didn't want to say anything about that because "I am biased" and because they win as a team and lose as a team. I saw where Wes Welker is taking his drop extremely hard.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    Yes, he did, but I didn't want to say anything about that because "I am biased" and because they win as a team and lose as a team. I saw where Wes Welker is taking his drop extremely hard.
    I hate Brady and the Pats as much as the next Bronco fan, but I still call it like I see it.

I was shocked to see Welker and Hernandez drop such easy passes. There were a few that I thought Branch should have had as well. Not easy ones, but still catchable.

I'm happy they were dropped though

10. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

The drops weren't as big of a deal as getting sacked and having to use that last time out. The Giants DLine stepped up big in the 4th quarter.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Perception is funny. If Tebow had made some of those throws we would be hearing how he isn't capable of making NFL throws. But since it's Brady, the WR get the blame.

On the pass to Welker, I would say they both deserve blame. It was a poor throw that should have been caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Brady is a product of his system. He is great in the pocket if his receivers get off the line of scrimmage perfectly. The Giants showed once again that if you get those receivers off their rhythm, Brady doesn't know what to do. I think every single one of Brady's linemen deserves a HoF nomination, as does Wes Welker, but not Brady.

I will admit that I am biased against Tom Brady, and he is probably a little better than I make him out to be, but he isn't HoF deserving. He will get in the Hall on the first ballot, but it will just be more evidence on how the NFL HoF is a farce.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Brady isn't the same quarterback he was five years ago. What is he 34 years old? The Patriots have great possession receivers in Welker, Gronkowski, and Hernandez but what do they have after that? Add to that a mediocre running game and a suspect defense and this is what you come up with. If Belicheck had improved those areas maybe this game ends with a different result. What does Belicheck do? He goes out and hires a coach who could only give him an advantage in one game.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 02-06-2012 at 01:33 PM.

17. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

I think Tom could be clutch like marino if he believes in himself and puts his mind to it

I think the ONLY thing I saw Brady miss last night was the one to Welker, and even that pass was still catchable (although I do NOT blame that on Welker, nor do I think it was a good pass).

If that one ball could have been caught (although woudl have been a GREAT catch).... this wouldn't even be talked about.

Brady is just as good as Montana, and I think the "perception" (using King's words) of Montana is greater than the reality...as well.

I'm THRILLED the Patriots lost. But I personally do not think it tarnishes Brady's legacy in the least.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post

I will admit that I am biased against Tom Brady,
    Should of just stopped there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Brady is fine and is Elite. He got beat by another Elite Qb with a much better team around him.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Brady is fine and is Elite. He got beat by another Elite Qb with a much better team around him.
    Brady is elite, no question about it.

Eli is not, IMO. I think Eli is much closer to being a game manager than he is to being an elite QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

24. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information