Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady clutch like Montana??

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I think Eli continues to show that he is MUCH more than a game manager. He's smart, decisive, and accurate. He doesn't rattle, he doesn't panic, and is always top notch in 3rd downs and 4th quarter.
    His problem was he used to throw high. I don't seem him doing it as much nowadays. What could help him move into all time great status years from now is that he has a fine trio of receivers under the age of 26.

I remember the cautious excitement here when Eli was named starter. Never in my wildest did I think it would amount to this.

2. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Perception is funny. If Tebow had made some of those throws we would be hearing how he isn't capable of making NFL throws. But since it's Brady, the WR get the blame.

On the pass to Welker, I would say they both deserve blame. It was a poor throw that should have been caught.
    Let me know when Tebow connects on 14 straight passes.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I just don't think this takes away from Tom. Elway was the only OTHER QB to take his team to 5 SUper Bowl trips. Now Elway shares that with Brady. Elway lost early, and won two late. Brady won early, and lost two late. How does that take away from him being in the conversation of GOAT, or take away from his legacy at all? He STILL took a team that is lacking any WRs and any real RBs, to the Super Bowl.

To me, he's not losing it or playing worse. I think he's playing as well as he ever has. This all coming from a guy that absolutely hated Brady early in his career (although I've found that since he's gotten married, he's settled down his attitude).

I personally don't see how taking your team TO the SUper Bowl for the 5th time, somehow takes AWAY from how you are viewed as a player
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

wait... like whom?
    These quarterbacks would be successful plugged into New England's offence, and I'm qualifying successful by winning one home game in the playoffs. Some of these are no brainers:

Matt Ryan
    Joe Flacco
    Fitzpatrick
    Jay Cutler
    Andy Dalton
    Brady Quinn (I know he's not a starting quarterback, but I think he would be successful with the hoodie's staff)
    Romo
    Stafford
    Matt Flynn
    Aaron Rogers
    Peyton Manning (If he comes back)
    Shaub
    Christian Ponder
    Orton (Yes, I think Orton could win a playoff game with New England)
    Drew Breese
    Eli Manning
    Mark Sanchez
    Carson Palmer
    Phillip Rivers
    Alex Smith

That may be less than 70%, but that's quite a list. I didn't include Newton, or Vick because New England's offense is built for a qb that can take a 3 step drop and throw it to a set target quickly. Brady needs 3 passers he can trust to run their route accurately, and catch the ball. Not having Gronk @100% last night really hurt the Patriots. I also believe that the offense sputtered last night because 2 of those 3 that Brady needs didn't have their head in the game.

Again, I'm not saying Brady is bad, but for me, Rothlesburger, Eli Manning, Jay Cutler (as much as it panes me to say it), and Aaron Rogers are all better than Brady. And when you talk all time, Brady doesn't sniff my top ten.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    In Brady's defense...he did have a few catchable balls dropped that could have helped/sealed a victory
    Hello Wes Welker.

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    Hello Wes Welker.
    That was just as much as an off pass as it was a "non-catch." No way anyone can blame Welker for dropping that ball.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

I find it laughable for all those that kill Brady. He is one of the all time greats. I would take him in a second. We have a guy that throws ground balls on open out routes.

Their defense still did not make a play and is the achillies heel. Also they give up on the run way too early.

So he is not Montana. Who is? Even Elway is not Montana either.

just my humble opinion. Gronk being hurt did him no favors. That team overachieved big time. They are a 10-6 talented type team and were almost champs. Nothing to be ashamed of. We were lucky to win one playoff game. I would love to be them.

They have some holes but went about as far as you can go.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

That was just as much as an off pass as it was a "non-catch." No way anyone can blame Welker for dropping that ball.
    I respect you Ravage but I disagree. Welker makes that play 95 off 100 times. Big time WR make that play. Brady had to drop it in there and he did.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Let me know when Tebow connects on 14 straight passes.
    maybe if he uses Brady playing Madden 2012

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I find it laughable for all those that kill Brady. He is one of the all time greats. I would take him in a second. We have a guy that throws ground balls on open out routes.

Their defense still did not make a play and is the achillies heel. Also they give up on the run way too early.

So he is not Montana. Who is? Even Elway is not Montana either.

just my humble opinion. Gronk being hurt did him no favors. That team overachieved big time. They are a 10-6 talented type team and were almost champs. Nothing to be ashamed of. We were lucky to win one playoff game. I would love to be them.

They have some holes but went about as far as you can go.
    Replace the Patriots receiving core with our receiving core and they miss the playoffs this year.

Brady is not that(elite) good, and until I see evidence otherwise, I'm sticking to that opinion. The season where the Patriots went 12-4 with Matt Cassel leading them supports my argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Replace the Patriots receiving core with our receiving core and they miss the playoffs this year.

Brady is not that(elite) good, and until I see evidence otherwise, I'm sticking to that opinion. The season where the Patriots went 12-4 with Matt Cassel leading them supports my argument.
    I respect your Op but disagree with it. That is what makes a debate fun.

btw it was 11-5 with Cassel

16. The Following User High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

WTE

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I respect your Op but disagree with it. That is what makes a debate fun.

btw it was 11-5 with Cassel
    Sure. I'll say this, the next time the Patriots lose Brady to injury, I give them as much a chance to win as I did before.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He's never won a Super Bowl as an elite passer. He's currently 0-2 when they need a game winning TD in the Super Bowl. Did he play a good game? Yes. Is he one of the best passing QB's ever? Yes. Is he a first ballot HoF QB? Yes. Is he actually what a lot of his supporters say he is?

No.
    Dumbest statement I think I've ever read on a message board in a long long time its almost comical and borderline trolling imo.

I guess no QB is an elite passer then. Brady had a go ahead TD late in SB 42, but Eli then got the ball back and scored leaving Brady very little time left. And this Superbowl, Welker dropped a pass that would have ran a few more minutes off the clock.

He is about 2 plays from being 5-0 in Superbowls. He is also 2 FG's from being 1-4 in SB's as well.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

I think the pass to Wes was a real good throw and one Wes makes in his sleep daily. However the pass to Branch on the final drive was off, and if that had been a lil more on target, Branch would have got some major yards and who knows what would have happened.

Still tho, I'd take going to 5 Superbowls in 11 years and winning 3 of them.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoBJ For This Post:

I respect you Ravage but I disagree. Welker makes that play 95 off 100 times. Big time WR make that play. Brady had to drop it in there and he did.
    I see what you are saying, but he to turn, in the air, leaping and twisting just to get his hands on that pass... in which he as WIDE open. That would have been a GREAT catch, on a poor pass.. and an even poorer pass considering how open he was. Could he have caught it, sure. SHOULD he have.. no way. Brady SHOULD have made a much better pass...... and Brady DID miss a WIDE open Gronk in the last playoff game.

That catch is not NEARLY.. not NEARLY... as easy as you guys are making it out to be.

22. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information