Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Pats....

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Was discussing that this morning. Yes she is. Brady was much more relaxed in SB's earlier in his career when he didn't have a wife.

Now he's too tense and too worried about his own personal legacy. I really think w/ Brady it's becoming more about him and less about the "team."
    Meh I can't blame him for wanting to win another championship before he retires. Brady like another player is competitive he wants to win. I think your criticism fits Belicheck just as well if not better than Brady.

Thank you Mastershake.

2. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Was discussing that this morning. Yes she is. Brady was much more relaxed in SB's earlier in his career when he didn't have a wife.

Now he's too tense and too worried about his own personal legacy. I really think w/ Brady it's becoming more about him and less about the "team."
    I think you nailed it on the head. It's almost like he thinks "what is good for Tom is good for the Pats". I may be reading too much into his body language and not enough in his own words, but it looks like he is bothered about not being regarded as one of the top two QB's like he was for so long in his career. Since he has 3 rings, is more about his legacy now?

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

I don't think it has anything to do with his wife, or Tom worrying about his legacy or any of that. I think the simple fact of the matter is that the Pats matchup terribly to the Giants. The Giants are built to beat the Pats. If the Pats were a smashmouth running team they would beat the Giants because the Giants are built to do two things; make opposing QBs uncomfortable and win close games late and the Pats are built around TB and passing. The way to beat the Pats is to pressure TB and nobody does that better than the Giants.

Honestly the Giants are the one team in the league right now that I believe would beat NE about 8 out of ten times.
    This aggression will not stand, man!

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with his wife, or Tom worrying about his legacy or any of that. I think the simple fact of the matter is that the Pats matchup terribly to the Giants. The Giants are built to beat the Pats. If the Pats were a smashmouth running team they would beat the Giants because the Giants are built to do two things; make opposing QBs uncomfortable and win close games late and the Pats are built around TB and passing. The way to beat the Pats is to pressure TB and nobody does that better than the Giants.

Honestly the Giants are the one team in the league right now that I believe would beat NE about 8 out of ten times.
    I think the Saints or Packers would have beaten the Patriots as well. The Patriots might have been the best team in the AFC this year, but there were at least 2 or 3 teams better than them in the NFC.

With Brady I just see him putting up huge numbers and beating the snot out of teams when it doesn't matter and then looking normal when it does. He had a decent game, but he didn't look unstoppable as he has at times over the last few years. Be that his competition, his focus, or whatever, he just isn't as clutch as he used to be.

Pats should have won. They had NY right where they wanted. If Brady had placed that ball three inches lower to Welker it would have been game over. He had plenty of time to do it too.

7. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I still think it's as much about Belicheck as it is Brady.

Thank you Mastershake.

9. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Emma mother****ing Watson

I agree with WTE. If Welker catches the wide open pass the Giants dont win. Simply comes down to making the necessary plays in the end and who had the ball last. If Welker catches the pass they are at the Giants 11 or 12 yd line and can eat more clock as NY only had one TO left. At worst NE settles for a fg to make it 20-15 with maybe a minute left at best.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Pats should have won. They had NY right where they wanted. If Brady had placed that ball three inches lower to Welker it would have been game over. He had plenty of time to do it too.
    Sorry. Not really but kinda. For you. A little. For about 30 seconds. That's all you get!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information