Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to stay in Hawaii

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Default Where to stay in Hawaii

I'm headed to Hawaii in a few months and am in the process of trying to figure out where to stay. First major vacation I've ever planned and I'm a little worried about picking out the right place that doesn't kill me financially. I'm going to Oahu, and being near Waikiki Beach would be convenient for some of the activities we have planned (surfing lessons and scuba diving) and it would be nice to be within a short walk of the beach, if not right on the beach. If anyone knows of any awesome places we should check out, or places to find good deals on condos, please let me know!
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Definitely stay in a condo. I've never been to Oahu but I've been to Maui twice and the Big aisland once and we stayed in condos every time. They're usually cheaper and the kitchen allows you to save money on meals. We usually just go out a few times for meals most of the time we just BBQ at the condos. Try to find a condo with community BBQ pits or at least a grill for your particular unit.

For airfare(if you don't already have that figured out) we always get good deals from priceline.

Have fun. Hawaii is the only other place in the world besides Western Colorado that I would voluntarily live. I love it there. We plan on going to Kaui in April or May.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

don't go to hawaii, bad things happen there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

6. The Following 8 Users High Fived shank For This Post:

Any place with a kitchen is bound to be more economical. I'm sure wherever you stay, you will have a fabulous time!
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    I'm headed to Hawaii in a few months and am in the process of trying to figure out where to stay. First major vacation I've ever planned and I'm a little worried about picking out the right place that doesn't kill me financially. I'm going to Oahu, and being near Waikiki Beach would be convenient for some of the activities we have planned (surfing lessons and scuba diving) and it would be nice to be within a short walk of the beach, if not right on the beach. If anyone knows of any awesome places we should check out, or places to find good deals on condos, please let me know!
    If are willing to staying downtown then the Embassy Suites(it is just off the beach)is the best place to stay. It is in the middle of everything, but it is extremely tourist oriented. I also like the Hilton Hawaiian Village, but you don't get the free drinks or breakfast there. There are number of bed&breakfast up the hill need UH that are also nice.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

9. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Just another example -- a person moves to the natural state and starts leading a life with transoceanic flights...

11. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Just another example -- a person moves to the natural state and starts leading a life with transoceanic flights...
    I'm guessing it's in an attempt to get as far away from Arkansas as possible.

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I have no idea Frau, I just wanted to say congratulations!

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Maui. Lahaina more specifically
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

This thread is worthless without future pics.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Maui. Lahaina more specifically
    That was my first thought as well, but it sounds like Oahu was the only option.

Frau, if you don't have to go to Oahu, then you really should consider Maui like SR suggests.

Honolulu is nice, but it's a city, like so many others. Waikiki can be mobbed. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful, and if you have a car, going out to the north shore and watching the surfers is fun (doesn't actually take that long to drive around the whole island. There's a break snorkeling place (something bay) not far from Honolulu.

But, Maui is just so nice. More laid back. While still a major tourist destination, it doesn't feel as crowded or hectic.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I'm guessing it's in an attempt to get as far away from Arkansas as possible.

Well plated

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Cheese, bring sunscreen.

Frau pm me.....

Im a little bit tonxicated right noe to pm you
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Oahu is set in stone. I have to be there for work (rough life, I know) and I decided to extend my stay since airfare was already taken care of. I'll be staying at the Ko Olina resort, likely Aulani instead of JW Marriott (since my kiddo gets to come with me), during the work part, so I wanted to see other parts of the island (and be somewhere that doesn't cost a fortune every night). The little bit of island hopping I looked into are going to cost too much for my budget at this point.

One of my two bags will be filled with sunscreen. I am going to be a lobster anyway.

U29, I love it when you talk dirty to me. PM coming.

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by shank View Post
    don't go to hawaii, bad things happen there.
    Yeah, my ex will be in attendance. You are definitely right.

— Marilyn Monroe

24. The Following User High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information