Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Where to stay in Hawaii

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    You might be thinking of Hanauma Bay. It's fantastic. My son is stationed in Hawaii and loves it. I haven't been there since I was a kid, but I plan to visit him soon.
    I would literally sacrifice my left (or right) testicle to be stationed at Hickam AFB for four years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

If warhorse ever swings by here, I'm sure he'd be able to tell you.

SHORYUKEN!

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    If it's any consolation, rex broke up with me over this very same issue.

I'm convinced that people from small towns, my parents included, don't understand what it's like to live with big city traffic every single day.

I've been to Hawaii once - and I stayed on/around Oahu the whole time. The only thing I'd say is make sure you get to the North Shore. And mope-heads rule.
    I'm convinced that people that are young bachelors need to invest in some cheese so they have something to eat with their whine.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I like most of your posts and you seem like a really swell guy, but your posts kind of come off as "better than you" some times. Not trying to start a fire, but just letting you know that it might rub some people wrong with you one-upping people frequently.
    Do not mean to come across like that at all. Just trying to share some of my experiences, sorry bout that.
    Enjoy my "German Denver Broncos fans" page on Facebook.

5. The Following User High Fived Mr. Pro Bowl For This Post:

SR

Look guys, I am just a guest here. Been doing this Pro Bowl Hawaii trip for almost 20 years now. Had some great encounters with players and coaches there, have hundreds of cool pictures and thought maybe if interested share some of them here. Moved to Denver this past summer, really like the Broncos football enthusiasm here in town, been to few games, had some great times.
    Just really wanted to add to some comments here, thats all.
    thanks

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived Mr. Pro Bowl For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pro Bowl View Post
    Look guys, I am just a guest here. Been doing this Pro Bowl Hawaii trip for almost 20 years now. Had some great encounters with players and coaches there, have hundreds of cool pictures and thought maybe if interested share some of them here. Moved to Denver this past summer, really like the Broncos football enthusiasm here in town, been to few games, had some great times.
    thanks
    We understand. Lets not make a big deal out of it. Remember, one person's opinion doesn't reflect the opinion of the whole board, and it's not like you have started 10 threads on your Pro Bowl experiences.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

9. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Sam John

Frau - if you're gonna do Waikiki, you might as well do it right and find a place on the beach. We stayed at a place on Kuhio Ave. last year, which is a few blocks off the beach and I wished we had been closer to the beach and restaurants. Kaimana beach is a nice quiet beach not a lot of people go to - kind of like those Corona commercials.

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

I'm from Hawaii (Oahu specifically) and it won't matter which hotel you stay in. There is plenty of restaruants near Ko Olina (which is near the Air Port). Pearl City has a huge mall and plenty of restaruants. Waikiki is usually over crowded but you gotta go just to see what all the hubbub is about. Hanauma Bay was even a blast for us locals, but it can get crowded with tourist. Imagine snokling in about 6 ft of water holding fists full of frozen peas and schools of fish that are bigger than your thighs are nibbling at your fingertips.

Turtle Bay is probably one of the most beautiful peaceful beach experiences you can get. Waimea Bay is where they filmed that Australia scene from Point Break. And as far as food goes, find an L & L BBQ and order a Chicken Katus dish. You can thank me later. Try and avoid eating in Waikiki. Prices are rediculous. Warhorse lives in Kailua (other side of the island near Kaneohe) and Kailua Beach is a very pleasant beach that doesn't have as much tourist. Lastly, try to make it out to the Dole Pineapple Hut. They have THE best pineapple ice cream.

Remember, Chicken Katus & Pineapple Ice Cream.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Do not mean to come across like that at all. Just trying to share some of my experiences, sorry bout that.
    I know you don't, that's why I was trying to be tactful. Believe me, I like hearing about your experiences.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

thanks
    Please don't take offense to what I said. I meant no disrespect. I'm sure everyone is envious and jealous that you've been able to do as much awesome stuff as you have. I apologize for bringing it up. Didn't want to cause a scene.

Please don't take offense to what I said. I meant no disrespect. I'm sure everyone is envious and jealous that you've been able to do as much awesome stuff as you have. I apologize for bringing it up. Didn't want to cause a scene.

ya way to go a-hole. I hope you die of gonorrhea and rot in hell.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

hahaha...hey guys, its all good. We are all fans here.

I am one of those guys who gets up at 2:30 am., be at Aloha stadium at 3:30 and wait until 8:00 am when they gates open so I get a seat in row 1 at the 50 yard line to get pics and autographs. Crazy!

I even had my own toure group and went to the pro bowl for free because I worked with an travel agency, gave them all the business for 30 plus people and I got a free ride for a week. Everything went great until 9/11, then it stopped. I still get all my tickets tho.

I only wanted to contribute to some of the comments, thought I bring something to the table.

Aloha

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mr. Pro Bowl For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

I've been to a couple Pro Bowls. The last one I went to I was in the nose bleed section during I think the Pro Bowl of the '95-'96 season. The Doobie Brothers were the halftime show.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

thought I bring something to the table.

Aloha
    You do.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I would literally sacrifice my left (or right) testicle to be stationed at Hickam AFB for four years.
    It is extremely nice base. If you and wife want to take a vacation try to get into the Hale Koa Hotel (Armed Force Hotel). It's hard to get into but worth it.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

20. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information