Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Patriots heartlessly release player on the eve of Super Bowl!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Default Patriots heartlessly release player on the eve of Super Bowl!

Tiquan Underwood, the guy who loved being a Patriot so much that he did that to his hair, was released by the team on Saturday, just hours before the Super Bowl.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...004651704.html

Beli'dick' at it again, this man is the epitome of ***hole-ism. I don't give a crap if he is a HOF coach, him, McNumbnutts and Mr. Tunalips are some of the most soulless coaches in the history of this sport IMHO.

I hope the Giants whoop their ***es, I'll never respect the Pats so long as Belicheat is their head coach.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Oh man, that is rough. Is there really a player they could add at this point who would be of any use to the team? That is just straight cold-blooded.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Wow. On the eve of the Super Bowl. With no warning. Brutal. Oh well, he still gets a ring if they win.
    I wonder if Bellichek spoke to the kid himself or just sent him a text message-"Turn in your playbook and check out of the hotel. Your services are no longer needed. Later"

I think it was a great and classy move by Belichick for adding Alex Silvestro to the active roster. Why is everyone talking about how classless it was, when he signed Alex who will probably make the defensive play of the game late in the 4th quarter to seal the game for the Pats.

Everyone is just getting all mad, but think about how happy Alex must be. smh.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

When I was watching the morning news a few minutes ago they said the Patriots made a surprise cut. I immediately knew it was Underwood.

He hasn't done anything all year and was just filling a roster spot at this point. Of all the Patriots players he was one who didn't seem to quite "fit in." He seemed more of a fan than a player.

Rob Gronkowski won't be able to play special teams. Silvestro will be able to fill his spot. Underwood couldn't do that.

Belichick knows it will be hot inside the dome and he likes to rotate his D Linemen to keep them fresh.

For this game Silvestri adds more value than Underwood.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    When I was watching the morning news a few minutes ago they said the Patriots made a surprise cut. I immediately knew it was Underwood.

He hasn't done anything all year and was just filling a roster spot at this point. Of all the Patriots players he was one who didn't seem to quite "fit in." He seemed more of a fan than a player.

Rob Gronkowski won't be able to play special teams. Silvestro will be able to fill his spot. Underwood couldn't do that.

Belichick knows it will be hot inside the dome and he likes to rotate his D Linemen to keep them fresh.

For this game Silvestri adds more value than Underwood.

Wouldn't it have been a little more humane just to make him inactive and make one of the normally inactive players active? This move is BS. Underwood has been with the team prepping for the Superbowl for the last 2 weeks. Silvestro is a PS player who runs with the scout team and probably hasn't even participated in a practice or a walk-through with any of the starters or backups during the whole SB prep time and yet somehow he's supposed to make a difference in the game?

Make no mistake, this stinks of some kind of Bellichick BS. The night before the game? Really? Oh I forgot, they have Chad Ochocinco and Gronkowski on a busted wheel, they obviously don't need any more receivers...

The Pats are going to lose.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Wouldn't it have been a little more humane just to make him inactive and make one of the normally inactive players active? This move is BS. Underwood has been with the team prepping for the Superbowl for the last 2 weeks. Silvestro is a PS player who runs with the scout team and probably hasn't even participated in a practice or a walk-through with any of the starters or backups during the whole SB prep time and yet somehow he's supposed to make a difference in the game?

Make no mistake, this stinks of some kind of Bellichick BS. The night before the game? Really? Oh I forgot, they have Chad Ochocinco and Gronkowski on a busted wheel, they obviously don't need any more receivers...
    Nonsense. Belichick wanted an extra guy on the D Line. They don't have any D Linemen who are normally inactive. They have 7 and they always dress 7.

Why would you say that because Silvestro is a PS player he hasn't really practiced with the regular defense? Of course he has. Most teams treat their PS players as every bit a part of the team as active players. Silvestro played in the Dec. 24 game against Miami and had a couple tackles. He knows what he's doing.

Underwood was obviously going to be inactive for the game so it makes sense to cut him on a Saturday because the Giants would not be able to grab him until Monday.

So the coach is so great that he realized this guy will not be needed the night before ? The player brought in is supposed to make some difference in one nights notice? It's heartless plain and simple but he's still making tons of money so whatever. I just hope the Giants smash them. Besides its part of the Patriot way. Act all class before the game and act like shiznit bags during the game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lol, everyone getting up in arms about a player that never saw the field. hahahahahaaha

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Default Tiquan Underwood gets normal Super Bowl pay

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Underwood is entitled to his full $88,000 share if the Patriots win and $44,000 if the Patriots lose because he was active for at least eight games this year. (He was active exactly eight games.)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...uper-bowl-pay/

Also says that if the Pats win, he gets a ring.

But, I agree it was kind of a shitty thing to do.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

13. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So, it's like he's basically deactive for the game...

Meh.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So, it's like he's basically deactive for the game...

Meh.
    Inactive players still get to go through all the game day festivities in the locker room and on the field with the team. He has to sit and watch it on TV now. Kinda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Inactive players still get to go through all the game day festivities in the locker room and on the field with the team. He has to sit and watch it on TV now. Kinda sucks.
    Not true. IN NE inactive players don't even go to the stadium on game day. They watch from home.

Not sure why that is or if the Super Bowl is different but that's how it works.

I just think that its every players dream to play in this game and it was taken from him the night before. As a person I can feel bad for the individual. But he is a pro so I guess he can suck it up. Besides, doesn't this guy have another career as a rapper? Isn't that Kid from Kid n Play?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Lol, everyone getting up in arms about a player that never saw the field. hahahahahaaha
    Doesn't matter North, there is a level of respect these players should have, even if they're mere backups, and he loved being a Patriot to top it all off. I understand if a Coach feels another player would be of more help...but come on, they have two weeks to make such a move - not on the eve of the Super Bowl and not after the kid has gone through all the events of the week, it's almost a smack in the face and it is classless, period.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information