Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Anything (Defensively)

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Agreed. There are a lot of good posters over there. I wish Kaylore would spend more time here too.
    Eventually word will get out that I'm hanging out here more and you'll probably get some more of those guys visiting, I assume.

The only thing I'll miss is doing the podcasts. We had some fun doing those this year.
    Russlin jimmies since 1981

2. The Following User High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Rev, what's your opinion on Champ playing safety?
    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing. In Champ, the Broncos have close to the
    best and smartest athlete on the team, and speed coming out of his ears. That,
    to me, defines the free safety. So what is your opinion, TR?

-----
    Great question, albeit an opinion one: It's going to be interesting to watch over the next few years, for sure.

He still has a great amount of speed and plays the game even smarter than ever.

That being said, we're certainly seeing noticeable deterioration. Part of that was the emphasis on more man coverage than we've played since Champ was a puppy in the league, and partly because he's still being relied on to be "the man" while the team rolls coverage away from Champ and towards Goodman's impotent self.

I think Champ can be a very effective starting CB in this league for a good 2 more seasons. That being said, this is predicated on revamping the depth at CB. We can't expect for Champ to play well with so much stress placed on his coverage ability as he ages and the opposition gets younger, faster and bigger. We NEED another hyper talented young corner to help start taking the load off his shoulders at RCB.

Otherwise I think with his tackling ability, mental recognition and ability to play the ball he'll not only make a standout safety when the time comes, but one that can be aggressively schemed to play many diverse roles all over the field.

What do you guys think?

4. The Following User High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
    No... not really.

Here's the reality: I made a thread to answer questions and that's exactly what I've been doing.

You, on the other hand, have ONLY made negative contributions toward the thread, trolling myself and derailing topics on miniscule nitpicks that are actually factually incorrect as I've displayed already.

So, ask a question, try to argue a point I've made or ****.

Pick one. You're the one acting like a jerk off and crying because your "contributions" (or lack thereof) have been shown to be flat out wrong.
    Interesting. All I've done is stated that your persona comes across as being better than everyone else. If that's crying and acting like a jerk-off...so be it. Your opinion holds as much value as anyone else's, I suppose. I'm not the only one that seems to have garnered that opinion, so I'll assume there is at least a little truth to it, while not caring what reputation you bring with you from another site.

Opposite of that, you stated Canty was the only DL FA the Giants have signed. My response was that they signed Bernard and Kennedy as well. Nothing more...nothing less. You responded with a list of random players and asked what my point was and I stated it.

So, I ask you dear sir. If you believe Canty was the only targeted FA DL of the Giants...and Bernard and Kennedy are on their roster, but weren't drafted by them...where exactly was I "flat out wrong?"

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Great question, albeit an opinion one: It's going to be interesting to watch over the next few years, for sure.

He still has a great amount of speed and plays the game even smarter than ever.

That being said, we're certainly seeing noticeable deterioration. Part of that was the emphasis on more man coverage than we've played since Champ was a puppy in the league, and partly because he's still being relied on to be "the man" while the team rolls coverage away from Champ and towards Goodman's impotent self.

I think Champ can be a very effective starting CB in this league for a good 2 more seasons. That being said, this is predicated on revamping the depth at CB. We can't expect for Champ to play well with so much stress placed on his coverage ability as he ages and the opposition gets younger, faster and bigger. We NEED another hyper talented young corner to help start taking the load off his shoulders at RCB.

Otherwise I think with his tackling ability, mental recognition and ability to play the ball he'll not only make a standout safety when the time comes, but one that can be aggressively schemed to play many diverse roles all over the field.

What do you guys think?
    I personally think it is wasted talent to have a guy cover one receiver and/or
    one side of the field. Champ has it all: smarts, coverage ability, tackling ability,
    speed . . . I believe he would be much more valuable as a guy who covers
    the entire field and the entire other team, which is essentially what a FS does,
    isn't it?.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

8. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

But it has been... By all means, look at the wealth of investment placed in each position. This only becomes MORE dramatic if you look at the recent under Jerry Reese (2007+).

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...3410&type=team

You're the one who came in here on a 3 post rant claiming there were factual errors all the while clearly not researching your own claims or placing them in any type of context.
    Well, you can continue to claim that the NYG place a MUCH higher premium on DBs than they do DL, but you are clearly wrong. It appears that they value those respective positions roughly equally. Is all of this nitpicking? I don't know. I suppose no more than you nit picking the the DL/DB question in the first place.

Also, I was wrong about Tuck. I "failed to research my claims", I guess. Of course, the same can be said about you (in regards to Webster).
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    So, I ask you dear sir. If you believe Canty was the only targeted FA DL of the Giants...and Bernard and Kennedy are on their roster, but weren't drafted by them...where exactly was I "flat out wrong?"
    Literacy is fundamental. I said the only FA that they made a priority. For example, Kennedy only even PLAYED 6 games this past season. I also countered that post with an even longer list of FA DBs.

So in conclusion, I'm going to ignore your posts in this thread and those like it until they once again become relevant.

Have a good day.
    Last edited by TheReverend; 02-07-2012 at 06:34 PM.

I personally think it is wasted talent to have a guy cover one receiver and/or
    one side of the field. Champ has it all: smarts, coverage ability, tackling ability,
    speed . . . I believe he would be much more valuable as a guy who covers
    the entire field and the entire other team, which is essentially what a FS does,
    isn't it?.

-----
    I do disagree. The impact a CB with Champs ability has impacts every where on the field. Reference my post earlier when you asked me to prioritize positions. A Revis, for example, can have coverage rolled away from him, allow for an extra blitzer and pinch run gaps.

That being said, you may be right that as his athletic skills regress with age that he'd be more of an impact player at the S spot, but that's still just speculation until we at least see it in small doses.

12. The Following User High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

Eventually word will get out that I'm hanging out here more and you'll probably get some more of those guys visiting, I assume.

The only thing I'll miss is doing the podcasts. We had some fun doing those this year.
    So are you gone for good, or just not doing podcasts? You and Montrose were the only two worth listening to.

And LOL at the reception here. People complaining as they display the same behavior they are complaining about.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I do disagree. The impact a CB with Champs ability has impacts every where on the field. Reference my post earlier when you asked me to prioritize positions. A Revis, for example, can have coverage rolled away from him, allow for an extra blitzer and pinch run gaps.

That being said, you may be right that as his athletic skills regress with age that he'd be more of an impact player at the S spot, but that's still just speculation until we at least see it in small doses.
    I appreciate that, and it makes sense. However, I see how much difference
    Polamalu and Reed difference make for their respective teams, how much
    Sanders made for the Colts, and how much Lynch made and Dawkins makes
    now for the Broncos. I don't know . . . if I'm given the choice between an
    all-world CB and all-world safety, I'll take the safety.

That's why, if the Broncos can find a solid replacement at CB, I'd be all for
    trying Champ at safety, whether or not his skills are deteriorating. IMHO.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by jhns View Post
    So are you gone for good, or just not doing podcasts? You and Montrose were the only two worth listening to.

And LOL at the reception here. People complaining as they display the same behavior they are complaining about.
    I'm not sure. I'll probably still do the mock draft over there but I think I'm done with contributions.

I appreciate that, and it makes sense. However, I see how much difference
    Polamalu and Reed difference make for their respective teams, how much
    Sanders made for the Colts, and how much Lynch made and Dawkins makes
    now for the Broncos. I don't know . . . if I'm given the choice between an
    all-world CB and all-world safety, I'll take the safety.

That's why, if the Broncos can find a solid replacement at CB, I'd be all for
    trying Champ at safety, whether or not his skills are deteriorating. IMHO.

-----
    I think you should step back and re-examine what you're saying.

OF COURSE Hall of Famers made massive impacts for their teams, and everyone you referenced is precisely that (outside of Bob Sanders). They've made no more impact than other modern hall of famers at the CB spot (Champ, Woodson, Revis, Deion, etc) to their respective units though.

Also, if you look at how GMs pay positions as an indicator of value, CB is paid more handsomely than S.
    Last edited by GEM; 02-15-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Personal attack removed

Just read a few of the later posts, but this looks like a great thread. Know-it-alls are fun to mess with. irl, I like to interrupt them with questions and watch their faces get agitated

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

No... not really.

Here's the reality: I made a thread to answer questions and that's exactly what I've been doing.

You, on the other hand, have ONLY made negative contributions toward the thread, trolling myself and derailing topics on miniscule nitpicks that are actually factually incorrect as I've displayed already.

So, ask a question, try to argue a point I've made or ****.

Pick one. You're the one acting like a jerk off and crying because your "contributions" (or lack thereof) have been shown to be flat out wrong.
    that is not very reverent Reverand

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    Just read a few of the later posts, but this looks like a great thread. Know-it-alls are fun to mess with. irl, I like to interrupt them with questions and watch their faces get agitated
    "life troll" indeed

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Interesting. All I've done is stated that your persona comes across as being better than everyone else. If that's crying and acting like a jerk-off...so be it. Your opinion holds as much value as anyone else's, I suppose. I'm not the only one that seems to have garnered that opinion, so I'll assume there is at least a little truth to it, while not caring what reputation you bring with you from another site.

Opposite of that, you stated Canty was the only DL FA the Giants have signed. My response was that they signed Bernard and Kennedy as well. Nothing more...nothing less. You responded with a list of random players and asked what my point was and I stated it.

Dont waste your time he is a DB.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

"life troll" indeed
    better than being a life douchebag like yourself

22. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information