Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The coming trade of the Franchise QB

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Default The coming trade of the Franchise QB

I have no doubt that Cutler will be traded. Money in the bank. And it will be the unhappiest day in my fandom of the Broncos since, oh, a certain day with the numbers 55-10 in them one cold winter. I am a depressed Broncos fan and it won't get any better any time soon. And this may be years.

I will be my usual opinionated self here and announce firmly into the Jay Cutler camp. Losing Mike Shanahan was like a gnarly divorce with a trophy wife you had grown to love over more than a decade. Shanahan was the Broncos. In my opinion just as much as Elway. And though I initially thought his replacement (if that is even possible) would be good for the club, I didn't realize he would end up to be an ego-driven, punkass powermonger who would throw his weight around before he even got finished making introductions. And before the draft has even come around, look at what has happened.....

A team with a stellar offense with nowhere to go but up is in serious jeopardy of being made painfully lame, a coaching and talent evaluation staff that was CLEARLY on the right track got the cold shoulder from Bowlen while getting their pink slips from their brand spanking new coach, and a defense full of average and below average players has been dumped in favor of....... um... well, different but just as average and below average (Or ancient has been stars) players.

McDaniels is going to trade Jay Cutler. And the Broncos will insist it was all his fault. And some of you will believe them. But I won't. They will get perhaps some draft picks and a player. But it won't even come close to the value of a bonafide franchise quarterback. And it will further alienate myself and millions of fans from our Broncos, destroy any sense of loyalty to it's players for years to come, and turn the franchise into a cold, soulless enterprise with little to cheer for. Awesome.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Dude, If Cutler is traded, this will be so bad........ No way we trade Cutler. I dont know what I would do, but I would be freaking angry.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Depends on what we get for him. If it isn't at least two first rounders, you don't get to the table to even bargain. I'd drool over Detroit's two first rounders, and the possibility of more.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Requiem / The Dagda For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Depends on what we get for him. If it isn't at least two first rounders, you don't get to the table to even bargain. I'd drool over Detroit's two first rounders, and the possibility of more.
    Why, so we can draft a bust QB. Got a GREAT QB class this year.

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Is this Cutler kid any good?
    If not me, who?

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Why, so we can draft a bust QB. Got a GREAT QB class this year.
    Well, say we did get #1 and #20 for Jay Cutler from Detroit, I'd probably take someone like Aaron Curry at #1; and then use our #12 on the best defensive lineman, perhaps Tyson Jackson. #20; you can go for another defensive player or offensive value weapon. I wouldn't draft a quarterback in the top two or three rounds this year. I'm a firm believer that Denver could get someone to develop later on that could be as successful as Cassel was for McDaniels in New England.

10. The Following 6 Users High Fived Requiem / The Dagda For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Pat Bowlen will definitely keep Cutler. However, he might do something on between Cutler and McDainels like force them to bury the hatchet and befriends.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quan Cosby

Well, say we did get #1 and #20 for Jay Cutler from Detroit, I'd probably take someone like Aaron Curry at #1; and then use our #12 on the best defensive lineman, perhaps Tyson Jackson. #20; you can go for another defensive player or offensive value weapon. I wouldn't draft a quarterback in the top two or three rounds this year. I'm a firm believer that Denver could get someone to develop later on that could be as successful as Cassel was for McDaniels in New England.
    even if we get the #1 pick we are not going to pick there unless we get stuck which would be an even bigger ****up than trading cutler
    1. we cant afford it
    2. we need alot
    Last edited by frauschieze; 03-11-2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: personal attack

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived hotcarl For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Want to know how hard it is to find a QB that good enough to lead a team. Look at Baltimore, they have gone through over a dozen QBs in last ten years to find their starter. And Flacco most likely will struggle next season.

And Cassell isn't a rookie that McKid just found this draft, he was in the NFL/system for over 4 years. That 4 years of experience and watching Brady handle things. Plus as good as Cassel was last season, every DC in the league has film on him and knows what he can do and what he can not. Think that defenses won't adjust to stop him? Draft pick at best give you a guy that has under 50% chance of being a starter, and even less of being a star.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

i will question my love for this organization if they trade away cutler. A franchise qb who plays hard and only comes around every so often. i dont know if i can deal with 3-5 more years of half assery. I know its a business and anyone can get traded, but show the guy some love, like you want him here..and not just "anyone can get traded" type bullshit.
    Last edited by jrelway; 03-11-2009 at 06:57 PM.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived jrelway For This Post:

Want to know how easy is it to find a QB, look at Atlanta, who have seem to go from one franchise QB to another.

Face it, with or without Cutler, Denver isn't doing anything this upcoming season. Not with our defense, not with our schedule, and not while going through our tranisition of schemes both offensively and defensively.

If we trade Cutler now, we can get Sam Bradford next year. Not only is that kid taylor made to run an NFL spread, he'll be one of the brightest young minds in the NFL, AND he'll be even younger than Cutler which means we'll have him around longer.

Oh I like it. Sam Bradford. A QB that's done nothing but win, and win early. We would be THE next team in the NFL!

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

If Cutler is traded I hope nobody expects to receive as much talent in return.
    On top of that expect to wait another 10 years before another franchise QB falls to us.

But hey hes acting like a crybaby during the offseason... Ship his ass out.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jrelway View Post
    i will question my love for this organization if they trade away cutler. A franchise qb who plays hard and comes around every so often. i dont know if i can deal with 3-5 more years of half assery. I know its a business and anyone can get traded, but show the guy some love, like you want him here..and not just "anyone can get traded" type bullshit.
    We've been dealing with half assery for the last 10 years with the exception of 1 season. Regardless of what happens with Cutler, we'll still be dealing with half assery next year, and most likely the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Want to know how easy is it to find a QB, look at Atlanta, who have seem to go from one franchise QB to another.

Face it, with or without Cutler, Denver isn't doing anything this upcoming season. Not with our defense, not with our schedule, and not while going through our tranisition of schemes both offensively and defensively.

If we trade Cutler now, we can get Sam Bradford next year. Not only is that kid taylor made to run an NFL spread, he'll be one of the brightest young minds in the NFL, AND he'll be even younger than Cutler which means we'll have him around longer.

Oh I like it. Sam Bradford. A QB that's done nothing but win, and win early. We would be THE next team in the NFL!

How many years did Green Bay wait after Starr retired?

How many years did it take San Diego to get one after Fouts retired?

How long for Cinci after Boomer?

San Fransisco sure lucked out with Alex Smith right?

Have the Bills found one yet?

How about the Jets after Namath retired?

Miami is still looking for one as well... I dont think they would expect Pennington to be the long-term answer

took the Cowboys and the Broncos 6-7 years as well, Baltimore finally lucked out with Flacco after trying to bring in a franchise QB since the franchise began.

Hardest thing to do is find a franchise QB, to trade one away because our feelings are hurt would be stupid.

24. The Following 12 Users High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I highly doubt Cutler gets traded. I give it like a 20% chance of happening at this point. Now if he skips the workouts on Monday, that figure will increase.

26. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information