Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 114

Thread: Thnikk's networking corner.

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    11,909

    Default

    If I ever decided to run a Tech Help Desk this is how it would go....

    Question 1:

    Q: My computer's running slow, what should I do?

    WTE: Reboot your computer

    Question 2:

    Q: My computer is frozen, what should I do?

    WTE: Reboot your computer

    Question 3:

    Q: My wireless router's not working, what should I do?

    WTE: Unplug the AC cord, wait 15 seconds and plug back in.

  2. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:


  3. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    It depends
    Posts
    10,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    If I ever decided to run a Tech Help Desk this is how it would go....

    Question 1:

    Q: My computer's running slow, what should I do?

    WTE: Reboot your computer

    Question 2:

    Q: My computer is frozen, what should I do?

    WTE: Reboot your computer

    Question 3:

    Q: My wireless router's not working, what should I do?

    WTE: Unplug the AC cord, wait 15 seconds and plug back in.

    Did you do what tink told you to do post your results you ungrateful *******

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    11,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Did you do what tink told you to do post your results you ungrateful *******
    Not yet. Too much going on with Super Bowl and all and haven't had to print anything. I'll get around to it at some point though.

    Pags, In two seconds I'm going back to that Culinary Couple website to see if there's anything I want to make tonight or over the weekend. Going grocery shopping after work and making the list.

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    It depends
    Posts
    10,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Not yet. Too much going on with Super Bowl and all and haven't had to print anything. I'll get around to it at some point though.

    Pags, In two seconds I'm going back to that Culinary Couple website to see if there's anything I want to make tonight or over the weekend. Going grocery shopping after work and making the list.
    Nice, my wife made the chicken again last week. It still rules.

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    18,136

    Default

    Homemade burritos last night at the BroncoJoe's house. Chipolte has NOTHING on MrsBJ.

  7. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:


  8. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL
    Posts
    22,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Did you do what tink told you to do post your results you ungrateful *******
    What WTE posted are simple steps that anyone with an electronic device should know how to do.

    Other steps include:

    Check to make sure the thing is plugged in.
    Ensure that the On/Off switch is set to On.
    Ensure that there is power being supplied to the outlet (i.e. if your lights won't turn on, why the **** do you think your computer is going to turn on).
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

  9. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Glenn Martinez, Rahim Moore
    Posts
    21,254

    Default

    Do those burritos have a USB port or something?

  10. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    It depends
    Posts
    10,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    What WTE posted are simple steps that anyone with an electronic device should know how to do.

    Other steps include:

    Check to make sure the thing is plugged in.
    Ensure that the On/Off switch is set to On.
    Ensure that there is power being supplied to the outlet (i.e. if your lights won't turn on, why the **** do you think your computer is going to turn on).
    Yeah I know I meant the printer fix thing

  11. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    11,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    What WTE posted are simple steps that anyone with an electronic device should know how to do.

    Other steps include:

    Check to make sure the thing is plugged in.
    Ensure that the On/Off switch is set to On.
    Ensure that there is power being supplied to the outlet (i.e. if your lights won't turn on, why the **** do you think your computer is going to turn on).
    No doubt. I called Comcast last week because my phones weren't working and do you know what they told me?

  12. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    It depends
    Posts
    10,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    No doubt. I called Comcast last week because my phones weren't working and do you know what they told me?
    reboot your modem?

  13. The Following User High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:


  14. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    18,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    No doubt. I called Comcast last week because my phones weren't working and do you know what they told me?
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    reboot your modem?
    If you have Comcast phone and internet, you can't just unplug the modem to reset it. It has an 8 hour backup battery. You have to find the reset button on the back and push it with a paperclip.

  15. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:


  16. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    18,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Do those burritos have a USB port or something?
    I'm in the wrong thread. Beef, I need your life guidance ASAP.

  17. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Glenn Martinez, Rahim Moore
    Posts
    21,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'm in the wrong thread. Beef, I need your life guidance ASAP.
    lets hear it

  18. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL
    Posts
    22,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Do those burritos have a USB port or something?
    Kind of. They use SCSI (pronounced Scuzzy) technology.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

  19. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    11,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    reboot your modem?
    Almost. She told me I had a phone off the hook. We have 6 cordless phones b/c whenever someone calls I can never find a phone b/c the kids never put them back. Before I called I found most of the phones but one was still missing and that was the one off the hook.

    To reset she told me to unplug the AC cord on the base cordless phone, wait 15 seconds and plug back in.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2011, 01:40 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2011, 01:10 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 10:10 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 01:40 PM
  5. Networking Question
    By BroncoJoe in forum Technology and Electronics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-13-2009, 03:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
dedicated servers
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group