Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A little more ipod help.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    u29, at the risks of offending you, you're a dumbass for doing this.

AGAIN!

Anyone know how to resolve a "restore" nightmare? I've got a 30GB video iPod that is stuck in restore mode. Hook it up, say's it is restoring, says restore complete, restarts and tells me it needs to be restored. I've done this like a million times.

That happened to me one time before I switched to Linux. I took it over to my step-dad's house and restored it on his computer...took it back home and I was able to sync it back up. Maybe try that on Mrs. Joe's computer if she has her own Itunes program.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    If you click on your "ipod" and get to that screen, there's a button at the bottom of the page that says "sync ipod" And when you click it, it syncs your ipod with your itunes. Mine is set up to do that automatically.
    Problem is the duplicates are in iTunes. Syncing it will just put all the dups on his iPod.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    That happened to me one time before I switched to Linux. I took it over to my step-dad's house and restored it on his computer...took it back home and I was able to sync it back up. Maybe try that on Mrs. Joe's computer if she has her own Itunes program.
    It's actually hers. I don't use iTunes, but I guess I'll install it and try it on mine.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    If you click on your "ipod" and get to that screen, there's a button at the bottom of the page that says "sync ipod" And when you click it, it syncs your ipod with your itunes. Mine is set up to do that automatically.
    I will try that thanks...Right now its gving me the do not disconnect sign as it is syncing all the intunes songs...All 2200+.

Once i am able to do this though, what will that do? Will it allow me to auto delete all the dups?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Problem is the duplicates are in iTunes. Syncing it will just put all the dups on his iPod.

Yes thats where the dups are, but now they are on the ipod.

And no man you didnt and wont offend me...I know i am a dipshit when it comes to computers, i thought along time ago i would be able to fix it, but i gave up. And have accepted the fact that i suck at them forever and always.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I will try that thanks...Right now its gving me the do not disconnect sign as it is syncing all the intunes songs...All 2200+.

Once i am able to do this though, what will that do? Will it allow me to auto delete all the dups?
    No, I didn't realize the problem was in itunes, and not on the ipod.

Good luck with that.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    John Lynch (I dont care that he's not a Bronco anymore)

700 songs is nothing brutha. Delete all of your songs from your ipod...go to your library and under file click "View Duplicates"...then delete the copies you dont want. Finally just re-send all of your songs back to your ipod. I dont think it allows you to "View Duplicates" on your ipod...only your library.

I've got 2569 songs on my iPod

- Thanks to Roddoliver for the sig!!

Not A Born Leader, I'm A Tough Act To Follow

11. The Following User High Fived getlynched47 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Man, it still didn't work. Still stuck in recovery mode.

Bad internal HD?

Bad internal HD?

YOU Want to know what i would do?

Lol- yeah, i didnt think so. Probably duplicate the recovery mode thing...

All i can think of is let the power completely drain out of the ipod, then once its dead, charge her back up again and see if a full shutdown clears everything up.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Bad internal HD?
    Have you tried the manual reset on the iPod? Hold down the center button and menu at the same time until the apple icon appears on the display.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

YOU Want to know what i would do?

Lol- yeah, i didnt think so. Probably duplicate the recovery mode thing...

All i can think of is let the power completely drain out of the ipod, then once its dead, charge her back up again and see if a full shutdown clears everything up.
    I've tried that too - it auto shuts-off. Can't keep it on to fully drain the battery.

I've tried that too - it auto shuts-off. Can't keep it on to fully drain the battery.

hmmmm.. Does it auto shut off at a certain point, or just after non use? This would suck, but if its just a use thing, you could just watch a movie or an avs game or something and spin the little circle the whole time to keep it active and draining.

i had to do that once. I froze the dam thing somehow, and i had to just keep it active until i killed it. But that was my wifes nano-.

good luck.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

hmmmm.. Does it auto shut off at a certain point, or just after non use? This would suck, but if its just a use thing, you could just watch a movie or an avs game or something and spin the little circle the whole time to keep it active and draining.

i had to do that once. I froze the dam thing somehow, and i had to just keep it active until i killed it. But that was my wifes nano-.

good luck.
    Thanks. Unfortunately, the only screen I get on the iPod is "Use iTunes to restore". I restore it, and it gives me the exact same screen. I think the HD might have crashed or something.

Then it shuts off. I'm about to throw the damn thing in the trash.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Thanks. Unfortunately, the only screen I get on the iPod is "Use iTunes to restore". I restore it, and it gives me the exact same screen. I think the HD might have crashed or something.

Then it shuts off. I'm about to throw the damn thing in the trash.
    Have you tried the reset I suggested?
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information