Thread: NHL Allstar skills competition.

Default NHL Allstar skills competition.

1 hour to go! I can not wait.

Anyone else as excited as I am for this? I love it, every year it seems to get better. I wonder what Lando is going to do? It is going to be interesting with some of the greats out- syd, ovi, duchy, like half the nhl is hurt right now.

Still should be great.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I missed it. The wife and I are getting plastered
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

It was great man. Chara just freaking blasted the hardest slap shot again. Amazing!!!

It was a great skills comp again. NHL network will show it again a few times. tomorrow while you sober up.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Pucks about to drop in the NHL All-Star Game.

I will watch some of it because I have watched all major sports All-Star Games since I was a little kid.

But, IMO this has become the worst of all 4 All-Star games because it doesn't come close to resembling the real thing.

Guys are just gliding, not hustling. No hitting. Absolutely no defense, just waving the stick at the offensive player.

The final score will be something like 11-9.

It ain't hockey.

6. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

As a casual hockey fan, I don't know who is who...since everyone is wearing a standardized jersey with just a team logo on the shoulder...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Did you guys see Price tebowing in net on the shootout skills competition..

I was Rolling!!!

Yes, the allstar game doesnt usually hit or play D, but its way better than the Pro bowl imo....That is even worse. Besides, with all the firepower on the ice it is really amazing to see just how good these guys are..

for those not watching 3-2 6 min left in the 1st
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

10. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Did you guys see Price tebowing in net on the shootout skills competition..

I was Rolling!!!

Yes, the allstar game doesnt usually hit or play D, but its way better than the Pro bowl imo....That is even worse. Besides, with all the firepower on the ice it is really amazing to see just how good these guys are..

for those not watching 3-2 6 min left in the 1st
    Yeah, that was cool. When the goalie spun around on his knees and then made the glove save that was pretty cool, too.

As an Av fan I'm looking for Landeskog, but couldn't tell with the jerseys. I've turned the channel now, it's hard to follow because I don't know the players well enough...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Yes, the allstar game doesnt usually hit or play D, but its way better than the Pro bowl imo....
    Naw, the Pro Bowl is better. At least in the Pro Bowl they do hit. Plus, watch the 4th qtr of the Pro Bowl when the intensity heats up because more $$ is on the line, that's when it actually gets a little close to resembling the real thing.

IMO, the best All-Star games are in this order:

MLB (this is excellent. great pitching along w/ offense and defense)
    Pro Bowl (Cuz I like football best)
    NBA (Cuz I usually lose interest quickly)
    NHL (Cuz it's a disgrace to everything I love about the game)

Ive been looking for lando too but I havent seen him. Im sure he is out there but it is hard to tell. I know they have their own team logos on their shoulders but still not easy to see.

Cant really disagree WTE, im just a super crazy hockey fan so I am highly bias.But the NHL guys play so many games that any game where they dont get hit and chopped is nice. Not sure if you guys ever played or not but it takes such a toll on the body, I can only imagine having 2-3 games a week plus practice. So while I agree I also understand why.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Cant really disagree WTE, im just a super crazy hockey fan so I am highly bias.But the NHL guys play so many games that any game where they dont get hit and chopped is nice. Not sure if you guys ever played or not but it takes such a toll on the body, I can only imagine having 2-3 games a week plus practice. So while I agree I also understand why.
    I don't think they should be checking and hitting in the NHL All-Star Game but when an offensive player has a puck by the goalie circle the defensemen should at least stand him up and push him aside and provide some protection.

They don't even do that. They just wave the stick. There's like a two foot rule or something. That's the only thing I would change UR29, the defense should be a little more physical in front of the net.

15. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Ahhh, lando is not playing in the game today. He was just in the skills comp uesterday
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Ahhh, lando is not playing in the game today. He was just in the skills comp uesterday
    Oh...now I really don't care....

Nice round of applause for Alfredsson after he scored.

These Ottawa fans are doing a good job staying involved and vocal.

The NHL did a good job allowing the captains to be Alfredsson and former Senator Chara. Plus, the Captains worked it out well that all Senators' players are on Daniel's team and all Bruins players are on Zdeno's team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Apparently I was already plowed when I posted in this thread because I don't remember posting. Saturday night was a binger
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information