Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Fire Jack Del Rio

So JDR don't get Tebow, so Tebow goes out and gets JDR.
    I had to make this a Tebow thread somehow. Like the others.

Is it true that JDR waited until today to come to Denver? Wow. What a lazy ass. I have faith that Tebow will teach him a good work ethic.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I guess I'm not in the loop but what did Del Rio do that was so bad? I can see if he got complacent towards the end and a don't-give-a-crap attitude or short timers disease, but what makes him not a great person? I'm curious.
    I am wondering the exact same thing. I've heard a few posters say he is a "bad person" but not a single thing to back it up. Getting lazy toward the end of a job you are about to lose anyway and having a big ego don't make you a bad person.

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    I am wondering the exact same thing. I've heard a few posters say he is a "bad person" but not a single thing to back it up. Getting lazy toward the end of a job you are about to lose anyway and having a big ego don't make you a bad person.
    That's not what Motorboat's divine guidance on the topic has taught us

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Pretentious is and pretentious does.

Stop being douches for two seconds and realize there's something to Prisco's report.

That said, no one has ever said they don't want Del Rio to succeed. No one has ever said they won't be rooting for him. There are questionable issues in his past, both schematically as a coach and as well as a leader. That doesn't mean he's not humbled. It doesn't mean he is. And I have no idea how well he'll do in Denver and neither do you.

I dislike the hire, you don't. But don't act like complete **** sticks because you don't have the same perspective I do.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Personally, I could care less about anything in Del Rio's past (assuming it doesn't include the word "diddle"). That goes for the good and the bad. I'll be "judging" him for what he does as a Bronco, that's it.

The same process that brought in Allen as a DC brought in Del Rio. Any character issues are offset by the fact he has worked under Fox before. I'm optimistic we'll continue to see our defense improve under JDR.
    If not me, who?

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Pretentious is and pretentious does.

Stop being douches for two seconds and realize there's something to Prisco's report.

That said, no one has ever said they don't want Del Rio to succeed. No one has ever said they won't be rooting for him. There are questionable issues in his past, both schematically as a coach and as well as a leader. That doesn't mean he's not humbled. It doesn't mean he is. And I have no idea how well he'll do in Denver and neither do you.

I dislike the hire, you don't. But don't act like complete **** sticks because you don't have the same perspective I do.
    and your perspective means jack shit compared to Fox's. who picked up JDR without a seconds hesitation.. that told me volumes... the hire will be what it will be -- good or bad but it s clear Fox believes in him and JDR's history with defenses as a position coach, DC, and HC have has shown to be successful.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I have learned two things from this hire:

1. The definition of the "Peter Principle".
    2. People are not interested in the truth.
    I'm interested in the truth but I don't think MO holds all the cards.

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc View Post
    Personally, I could care less about anything in Del Rio's past (assuming it doesn't include the word "diddle"). That goes for the good and the bad. I'll be "judging" him for what he does as a Bronco, that's it.

The same process that brought in Allen as a DC brought in Del Rio. Any character issues are offset by the fact he has worked under Fox before. I'm optimistic we'll continue to see our defense improve under JDR.
    how much less could you care?

couldN'T care less implies a COMPLETE lack of concern.
    could care less means there is some level of concern.
    could NOT care less is what you were going for.
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I'm interested in the truth but I don't think MO holds all the cards.
    He doesn't and I don't think he ever claimed too.

However, he is aware of some events that took place....events that would make any reasonable person question Jack's work ethic.

It doesn't mean that he will fail as a DC. It just means that, at certain points in his coaching career, he was known to be lazy. It's really no different (IMO) for Jack then it is for anyone else. Once someone has been at a certain job for a fair number of years, they tend to become fat and lazy (content). It happens to a lot of people, regardless of industry.

That being said, I would guess that getting fired will light a fire under his ass and he will be ready to get to work. At least that is my hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    and your perspective means jack shit compared to Fox's. who picked up JDR without a seconds hesitation.. that told me volumes... the hire will be what it will be -- good or bad but it s clear Fox believes in him and JDR's history with defenses as a position coach, DC, and HC have has shown to be successful.
    BB also swooed down and re-hired JMCD, without hesitation... so that alone does not make JDR an unquestionable hire in my book. FWIW, I like JDR and think he will do a great job.
    I hope he likes the rocky mountains and sticks around.
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    Pat Bowlen and Mike Shanahan are very intelligent men.

They've made bad hires.

Your faith in Fox and perspective also means jack shit.

Shut down the forum. Our opinions mean nothing...
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 01-31-2012 at 11:16 PM.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Damnit, sometimes I wish I could get my point across as well as NTL...
    It's a good thing you don't rely on the written word to make your living.
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived DallasChief For This Post:

However, he is aware of some events that took place....events that would make any reasonable person question Jack's work ethic.
    Bottom line, Del Rio could have sat at home and collected $5m. Instead, he's working and collecting $5m. I'm not sure what the secret events were, don't really care either tbh. One unsecret event I do know of, Jack Del Rio is doing this job for free. That says something.
    If not me, who?

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

He doesn't and I don't think he ever claimed too.

It doesn't mean that he will fail as a DC. It just means that, at certain points in his coaching career, he was known to be lazy. It's really no different (IMO) for Jack then it is for anyone else. Once someone has been at a certain job for a fair number of years, they tend to become fat and lazy (content). It happens to a lot of people, regardless of industry.

That being said, I would guess that getting fired will light a fire under his ass and he will be ready to get to work. At least that is my hope.
    so you read the DelRio file that Beef's been alluding to?

I agree with your assessment that some people get fat. I would also assert that if you've been in the same position for a while and you feel like you've been busting your ass for the organization and you're not seeing reciprocation on their part (ie the boss man isn't providing you with the tools you need to succeed or paying your staff) It's not unfathomable that a guy would lose some of his fire.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Pat Bowlen and Mike Shanahan are very intelligent men.

They've made bad hires.

Your faith in Fox and perspective also means jack shit.
    Shut down the forum. Our opinions mean nothing...
    atleast I know it.. that's why I said it wil be good or bad -- but based on the speed of hire and the history of the relationship, and the defensive qualities of the coach, it's more reasonable to conlude it to be a smart hire than a bad one b/c he was once known to do something lazy... net/net -- if you look at what Fox Knows and what Moto knows then the comparison becomes laughable. end of story.. Fox knows more about JDR than Moto.
    Last edited by nevcraw; 02-02-2012 at 12:12 AM.

20. The Following User High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information