Thread: Rams commit to London for 3 years

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Rams commit to London for 3 years

LONDON -- The St. Louis Rams took the first step toward becoming Britain's "home" team Friday, agreeing to play a regular-season NFL game in London in each of the next three seasons.

Their opponent is in the running to become Super Bowl champions.

The Rams will play the New England Patriots on Oct. 28 at Wembley in the first game of the deal, about two months after the closing ceremony of the London Olympics. That will be followed by games at Wembley against undetermined opponents in 2013 and 2014.
    rest of article - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/74...s-next-3-years

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Good for the Lambs. Gives them at least one home game a year that won't get blacked out....

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I can not understand why any team would commit to go there 3 years in a row - I would think it has to be a major disruption during the season.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

While I get that it's a disruption to the normal flow of the season, I think it's also probably a perk for some players and an annoyance to others.

I think it's silly that the Rams get the chance to play 3 years in a row there. Playing over there is a chance to grow your worldwide market. Something any good owner would want. Kroenke already had a foothold over there, which is probably why they gave him this opportunity, thinking it's one more thing that may help draw in new fans...
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    While I get that it's a disruption to the normal flow of the season, I think it's also probably a perk for some players and an annoyance to others.

I think it's silly that the Rams get the chance to play 3 years in a row there. Playing over there is a chance to grow your worldwide market. Something any good owner would want. Kroenke already had a foothold over there, which is probably why they gave him this opportunity, thinking it's one more thing that may help draw in new fans...
    I wonder what the ratio of local fans to ex-patriots/tourists is at the actual game?

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Good thing they fired McDaniels, then. I like the British a lot and wouldn't want his offense representing American Football for three straight years, nor should they have to suffer through something that dull.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

I think it's silly that the Rams get the chance to play 3 years in a row there. Playing over there is a chance to grow your worldwide market. Something any good owner would want.
    The NFL also guarantees the home team a gate sell-out in terms of ticket sales and the NFL also assumes all responsibility for marketing the game.

I'm sure the Rams are getting a very good deal or else they wouldn't have agreed to 3 years.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

The Brits eat mutton, don't they?

I'm sure Jeff Fisher is thrilled.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I wonder what the ratio of local fans to ex-patriots/tourists is at the actual game?
    Very unscientific, but when I was at the game last year, I would say it was far, far, far and away Brits and other Euro types.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

the reason they "gave" him this "opportunity" is probably that they couldn't dig up three other owners who were interested. . .

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information