Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow!!

Default Wow!!

Great new site, Tned and gang!

I love it that so many "new" old members from another Broncos site made it in here to help launch what looks to have a bright future! (Speaking of "bright," great color choices, btw! <weg>)

Prior to posting this, I perused some of the other threads. Among these there was one in particular that expressed some concern with the future (and timely) growth of this site. I was a skeptic before the site was launched (go ask carol) but I’m happy to report that I believe that this new site is a success, right out of the box.

In its infancy, I already perceive that Broncos Forums already has a well balanced mix in regard to editorial policy. As with any legitimate website, there must be some ground rules—to protect the general reputation/credibility of the site, first; to maintain equally credible membership, first.

Funny thing. In sentence above, I was just about to enter “first,” and “second” between the semicolons. Then, mid-sentence, I suddenly was reminded of another Bronco site that I had left a few weeks ago. It all came back to me that something was wrong. They had rules. I believe in rules (which also apply to the society at large, or else we would not have a society in the first place).

So why was I upset with the “rules?”

I’ve done some soul searching on this one. Usually, if something doesn’t “feel right,” it generally ISN’T really right. So you have to go with your gut, when occasional little life’s circumstances come around.

On this other (unnamed) site, I saw some sort of automaton society growing out of what once was a warm meeting place for friends. I saw a place that was becoming a victim of its own success. Former friends could no longer “just be themselves,” as it might offend someone in the larger, outer circle. Good judgment on the part of the mods was replaced by clinical “infraction” points.

I did not leave the other site because I was the recipient of one of these little darts. After a week of thinking it over, while monitoring the site, I left because I saw what the new system was doing to others. Bottom line, the end effect was dehumanizing.

It reminded me of that classic sci-fi movie, “Invasion of the Body Snatchers”—which is really not about body snatching so much as it is with mind control: Total conformity.

At any rate, that was then, and this is now. I just need to get myself a dam name to be known by in my new “home.”

I just hope I won’t be saddled with “UnoMyName?” forever. Can I change it later, Tned?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

How about Uncle Buck?

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Darn those nasty mods anyhow....

j/k...

Welcome and enjoy.

<----whatever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    How about Uncle Buck?

-----
    Well, shucks old timer--you just done blew my cover!

I was actually vacillating between that and "BucklandBronco." What do you think?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by UnoMyName? View Post
    Well, shucks old timer--you just done blew my cover!

I was actually vacillating between that and "BucklandBronco." What do you think?

I like Uncle Buck.

-----

hey uncle buck....

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

:hello: Buck - GREAT to see you here - Boy did you have me confused, but sometimes it does not take much - ENJOY

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Shaun Phillips

Welcome Uncle Buck

I just hope I won’t be saddled with “UnoMyName?” forever. Can I change it later, Tned?
    Didn't you read our forum rules?? The name you register with is your name for life!

j/k of course. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Startups, whether business or forums, can be tough, but sometimes if you make it over the hump, you can wind up with something special.

T

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    :hello: Buck - GREAT to see you here - Boy did you have me confused, but sometimes it does not take much - ENJOY
    I'm pretty good at that. I ID'd Dream when he first came on board at
    Broncomania and also RC when he AKA'd back after being banned there.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Darn those nasty mods anyhow....

j/k...

Welcome and enjoy.

<----whatever that is.
    Dammit, LT! I was just about to go to bed, but I could not do that without clarifying a particular thing here:

It was not the mods, it was the system. I feel badly for implying any ill will towards the mods of that (unnamed) site--you, especially. Most of them were just all right with the likes of me. JWinn is another of my favorites, as with Jav and (name escapes me at this late night moment, but his av pretty much resembles an invincible robot)....

You mods in general were pretty down to earth (well, as close to the Star Wars crew can be down to Earth).

My problem was with your admin guy. I think he was/is pompous, and I think that Tned, pretty much nailed it in regard to "customer service." I could give a rip that he is on the payroll of the Denver Broncos. One on one, he doesn't impress me much. So, unlike others who may be more tolerant than moi, I am committed to never ever darken the chambers of the former site again.

I just want the record to show that it was nothing personal with the great posters there (whom I miss) or the mods. It was just what the site had become.

A victim of its own success.

Best to you, LT, and thanks for your response!

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Ironically, my favorite three mods signed up here: Jav, Owl, and Trychon.

-----

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Dammit, LT! I was just about to go to bed, but I could not do that without clarifying a particular thing here:

It was not the mods, it was the system. I feel badly for implying any ill will towards the mods of that (unnamed) site--you, especially. Most of them were just all right with the likes of me. JWinn is another of my favorites, as with Jav and (name escapes me at this late night moment, but his av pretty much resembles an invincible robot)....

You mods in general were pretty down to earth (well, as close to the Star Wars crew can be down to Earth).

My problem was with your admin guy. I think he was/is pompous, and I think that Tned, pretty much nailed it in regard to "customer service." I could give a rip that he is on the payroll of the Denver Broncos. One on one, he doesn't impress me much. So, unlike others who may be more tolerant than moi, I am committed to never ever darken the chambers of the former site again.

I just want the record to show that it was nothing personal with the great posters there (whom I miss) or the mods. It was just what the site had become.

A victim of its own success.

Best to you, LT, and thanks for your response!

I wish I could have written things that well when I left there...errrrr...got banned for life.

Instead, I just asked them to

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Ironically, my favorite three mods signed up here: Jav, Owl, and Trychon.

-----
    They're in my top four! For some reason, I have an affinity to the one that banned me!!! Stockholm syndrome or something I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    They're in my top four! For some reason, I have an affinity to the one that banned me!!! Stockholm syndrome or something I guess.
    YOU were banned of all people, tned?!?! <no-name is stunned and amazed here.......>

Well, guess that would figger in this PC* (*not brave) New World.

Top likes to quote his daddy. I'll, likewise, quote my daddy: "Show me a man who has not made a mistake, and I'll show you a man who has not done much."

--noname

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information