Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Understand McDaniels (The Patriot Way)

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Yeah, ok, and with that kind of a situation, you have more leverage than jobs that dont rely on commission.
    Right. So maybe you could be a little more charitable than to tell MO that his comparison was "beyond stupid", because it wasn't beyond stupid. It doesn't apply to every job or employer, but it would apply to some.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Right. So maybe you could be a little more charitable than to tell MO that his comparison was "beyond stupid", because it wasn't beyond stupid. It doesn't apply to every job or employer, but it would apply to some.

It is a stupid comparison because its using the idea that employees have no leverage and their bosses absolutely and completely dictate terms. And actually, most jobs are not driven by commission.

Thats so laughable. There are several teams who would love to have Cutler and he knows it. McDaniels needs to learn that your beyond stupid real world comparisons dont apply. "Employees" dont make more than their bosses in the real world and they often dont have the leverage of knowing what else is out there...not to this degree. McDaniels is trying to play hardball with someone who has leverage and knows it. If youre Cutler and McDaniels wants to be a jerkface and play games, so what? Let him trade you.
    I suspect your new to the work force if you do at all. Actually in many sales areas some employees on commission or incentives can actually make more money that salaried management.. I know of several but I'll just sight one below..

My son was at a Los Angeles computer company and one top sales guys was drawing down $750K a year while his boss was not making that kind of money.. Several others were making about $100k more than the regional guy..

You ask how can that be? Simple the top dogs have NO home life and the Managers do and are happy making $450k a year for managing those top dogs..

Money is not always the determining factor in the hierarchy of companies, Power is and my friend Mc Kid has more power than mc baby does....

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Yeah, ok, and with that kind of a situation, you have more leverage than jobs that dont rely on commission.
    what do you think Jays incentives for making the pro bowl, throwing for 4000 yard, throwing 20/25/30 TD's are..

It is all commission NFL style..

It is a stupid comparison because its using the idea that employees have no leverage and their bosses absolutely and completely dictate terms. And actually, most jobs are not driven by commission.
    Almost all jobs are driven by performance.. almost all jobs have incentive built into the salary structure..

If you do not meet those goals then you are looking for a job.. NFL is no different ask mikey.. and only Champ made more money than he did.. But when mikey said jump Champ asked how high on the way down..

Money does not rule the world, power does many people make more money than obama does and well he holds the power..

I can see where those that have not yet explore the real world yet need to.......

8. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by ktrain View Post
    dude, this is a football team not a creative ad agency or high tech programming company. There are some jobs were you need people to use their creativity and "non conformists" will often excel in these environment. On the otherhand, there are some jobs that require precise execution and ahderence to procedure (think airline pilot)

There is really only one way to play football and that is to EXECUTE exactly as your coach tells you to, otherwise, it is a complete cluster****, with player running into each other ono=coordinated results. Now of course, there is some improvision when things don't go as planned, but most players are simply executing the responsibilites assigned to them.
    I know people want to make football different then what they do but in end it same professional crap that everyone else grind through day and day out. Same BS that we all deal with.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

10. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I suspect your new to the work force if you do at all. Actually in many sales areas some employees on commission or incentives can actually make more money that salaried management.. I know of several but I'll just sight one below..

My son was at a Los Angeles computer company and one top sales guys was drawing down $750K a year while his boss was not making that kind of money.. Several others were making about $100k more than the regional guy..

You ask how can that be? Simple the top dogs have NO home life and the Managers do and are happy making $450k a year for managing those top dogs..

Money is not always the determining factor in the hierarchy of companies, Power is and my friend Mc Kid has more power than mc baby does....
    Youre way off.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    what do you think Jays incentives for making the pro bowl, throwing for 4000 yard, throwing 20/25/30 TD's are..

It is all commission NFL style..
    And...?

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    I'm sorry but that's a load of crap. Even after they got caught and quit doing it they still went 18-1 and 11-5. Their success was not merely a product of videotapes. You HAVE to have good players and a good system to win 3 SB's. The videotape excuse is just a copout by people who hate the Pats IMO.
    is that why they went on hard times this year when hand signs were no longer used ?

Quote Originally Posted by 56crash View Post
    is that why they went on hard times this year when hand signs were no longer used ?

could have been they had a rookie QB and some other injuries and frankly a 11-5 season is nothing to sneeze at..

I'd love to be as consistent as NE has been over the past 10 years..

Wouldn't you?

15. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    What does that have to do with it?

Cutler pouts his way through games when its not going his way. It's not a secret.
    So he's supposed to be happy about it? He should be laughing when we lose then?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

In your scenario you have leverage. He was talking about ones where people dont have that leverage on their boss. It was an awful comparison.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

In your scenario you have leverage. He was talking about ones where people dont have that leverage on their boss. It was an awful comparison.
    And, it DOES apply here NTL.

Unfortunately, lex, as usual is right, and you and I are wrong.

It wasn't an awful comparison, it was a point of contention, and it certainly doesn't make me an idiot. If you could learn to have an actual conversation with someone on here, they might take you seriously. But continue with the belittling, it's clear you know very little. Let me know when the Cubs get their schedule re-arranged, because your crap management can't keep ticket prices down.

Good football organizations instill in their players that they speak with management before making statements, especially of this magnitude. And on that same regard, good employees contact their employers before flying off the handle like spoiled, rotten children. which Cutler clearly did.

He isn't entitled to anything, regardless of his salary, or his position. His bosses are Xanders and McDaniels. They can pretty much do whatever they want, which includes trading him.

In this case. They didn't trade him. Cutler got contacted by the media and flew off the handle. Good employees, who have solid-minded approaches to their job don't do that. I'm not saying Jay Cutler isn't a good quarterback, or can't play his position. But his first action should have been to contact Denver. He didn't do that. Now, he won't talk to Denver. That's being even more childish than flying off the handle.

My employer would fire me in a heartbeat for the actions he has taken, and the scenario is the same with every single person here.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Noah Fant

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    No I am not, they are looking for guy to do thier job but nothing but thier jobs even when the see an opperunity to make the things better. It I am charge you do only the things that I tell you to do. It appears to be very rigid industrial style system. And you know what most successfully companies these day don't run that way.

These type of system work great if the folks at tops plans works out perfectly, but when doesn't you go 16 and 1.
    Anybody here old enough to remember the hey days of the Faiders? Every cast off trouble maker seemed to find a job in Oakland. Some of them became HOF'ers.

Don't denegrate a system that works, just because you don't like that team.

20. The Following User High Fived horsepig For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by 56crash View Post
    If 11-5 is "hard times", then sign me up for those "hard times." If 11-5 turns out to be "hard times" under McDaniels, I can't wait to see our good times.

22. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information