Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: Yup, Jay is not a drama queen

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    We don't know if Cutler can win a Super Bowl with us.

I do believe that if 2008 Cutler had been on our 2005 team we don't lose that game to Pittsburgh.

I do believe that if 2008 Cutler was on the 2008 Steelers they still win a Super Bowl.

If you want to line up players and ask, "can he be a part of my next world championship team" I would say "yes" to Cutler, when I was emphatic about my "NO" to both Plummer and Griese very early on in their Broncos careers.

My yes to Cutler is not a "YES!!!" at this point but he has all the skills I need, and he isn't a bad leader on the field. His problems are showing up now in temperament and handling, but those can be managed. Kurt Warner and Dan Marino both take things extremely personally too. Both have had pretty good careers.

I don't know about McDaniels. Nobody knows. He's never been a head coach for even one game in his life. We have no idea if he's the next Shanahan or Belichick, or the next promising young talent who implodes when he gets the head job.

I'd prefer for them to work it out together. If they can't, my money's on Cutler to do better away from us (assuming no Lions gig) than McDaniels will do with us, since I don't think McD would be able to get a QB in here who can be effective enough fast enough for him to avoid the angry outrage of the fans who bet their life savings and hearts on Cutler being The One. So I hope it doesn't come to that.

But on the "do we know if he's a franchise anything?" question, I'd say Jay has proven waaaaaay more than McDaniels, which is why it's hard to take McD's side. McDaniels may wind up being the greatest coach of the next 20 years, but right now he looks dumb and vulnerable.

~G
    So because Jay has 3 years of tenure as a QB and Josh has zero as a head coach...Jay is automatically excused?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dan Reeves

priceless threads that shouldnt be forgotten lmao

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by warcrychief View Post
    priceless threads that shouldnt be forgotten lmao

Context and timing of your posts seem off somehow. Oh well.

4. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post

Context and timing of your posts seem off somehow. Oh well.
    I was thinking the same thing - why should a Chief's fan bump an old thread which was started when Cutler was still with the Broncos

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

6. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I was thinking the same thing - why should a Chief's fan bump an old thread which was started when Cutler was still with the Broncos
    Maybe he is, uh, a little slow? If so we should be kind, Carol. He is doing his very bestest.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information