Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Yup, Jay is not a drama queen

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanBron View Post
    Come on, Jay is no dumba$$. He knows what a "vote of no confidence" looks like, he saw that first hand during his rookie year. I am sure he is taking advice from his rookie year mentor who told him to watch out for himself, not to trust anybody in the organization and stick it to them if they messed with him.

The legend of Plummer continues.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Man, all the chick detectives on CSI are smoking.

4. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Greatspirits View Post
    Iv'e read some of your other quotes, backing Cutler and bashing McKid, ok explain to me why Cutler's the best young quarterback in the game! What has he done to back up your contentions? All he's proven to me is that he's a .500 quarterback at best. Then he whines and pouts and crys when anything adversary comes his way.

Yeh, he only played through undiagnosed diabetes and battle through it for the team.

He clearly can't handle adversity.

Get a clue!
    142 lbs of Pure Steel and Sex Appeal

6. The Following 7 Users High Fived Lorcust For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    Peyton Manning won a Super Bowl with a 31st ranked defense.
    Ok

1. Peyton was in his 7th or 8th year as a Pro. Cutler is just in his third.

2. The reason they were able to win is because the defense stopped being retarded and actually played. In fact Manning had some what of a miserable post season that year. So he wasn't exactly carrying his team

Quote Originally Posted by Greatspirits View Post
    Sorry dude, but disagree with you on this one, I've seen what Cutler's done and I'm not impressed, I'm putting my money on McDaniels this time.
    Strange I only hear that from Bolts fans. Wonder why?
    Last edited by LoyalSoldier; 03-02-2009 at 01:39 AM.
    The bronco chemist.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived LoyalSoldier For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
    Yes... asked to get replaced with his head coaches ex-loverboy and then kept in the dark about it.
    I wasn't aware that Jay was running the show. He's an employee, and this is all speculation EXCEPT for his tantrums.
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The Broncos management cut off contact with the Cutler camp first, so maybe the Cutler camp wants to wait and see how things turn out when the dust settles before they meet with Doogie and Xanahan.......if being traded is still a real possibility, it makes perfect sense that Cutler does not want to meet with people that are probably just going to lie about everything anyway.

If Cutler has been immature in this mess, than he has a lot of company, and this mess was not his creation, it's Doogie's.

Doogie is a World Class Idiot for considering the trade in the first place, combine that with the pathetic class of 09 free agents and I have zero confidence that the control of the Denver Broncos Franchise is in competent hands.......
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 03-02-2009 at 02:46 AM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Astrology wise, as a stubborn Taurus (as is McDaniels) he won't change.

Best to move on. The attitude of a player greatly enhances or cripples his abilities. See: Ryan Leaf.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Default The McDaniels ripple effect…

The McDaniels ripple effect…

The pebble seemed small to some but to others it was a 2 ton bolder.
    The size of the stone really isn’t as important as the lake in which it was thrown. Depending on that lake, the stone could have either caused little disruption or forced waves crashing upon the banks. For those sitting on the shoreline, the natural response is to blame the water for getting them wet, those with a little more insight look at the stone as the reason for ruining their peaceful plans. Others look even farther into the matter to find the real culprit of the disruption. They conclude, “Who else could be to blame except the person who threw the stone?”

The person who took it upon himself to throw the bolder should have considered what would happen once the granite broke the calm surface of the pond. If they are going to appoint themselves the authority to do such things, they must also be held accountable for the repercussion their actions has cause. Blaming anything but the person who threw the stone will not stop it from happening again. One must go back to the starting point if they want to trace the origin of occurrences

The point is simple, even if some of this is getting blown out of proportion by Cutlers maturity level. That should have been a consideration by those that pushed this ball in motion! They should have done whatever was needed to prevent this. That is of course giving them the benefit of doubt and assuming they didn’t in fact want to trade Cutler.

If Cutler and everyone else who has had anything to say about this are right, and McDaniels did want to trade Cutler, then he has every right to be upset by this. Think about it, if they didn’t want him but are now stuck because they lost out on Cassel, the guy they wanted, that isn’t fair to Cutler. What makes them think he now wants to play for them? Why do some give McDaniels the right to decide rather he wants Cutler to play but they don’t give Cutler the right to decide rather or not he now wants to play for McDaniels?

Normally when there is deceit involved, the party with the most to gain from the situation is lying. I don’t see what Cutler has to gain from making this up? The FO on the other hand has everything to gain by trying to cover their actions.

Besides, I am glad Cutler wants to clear his head before he talks with the FO. With all those emotions involved, the outcome couldn’t be a good one. Perhaps once he settles down he will be able to sit down with them and clear the air?

Right now, almost everyone believes McDaniels tried to trade Cutler. Unless everyone involved is simply wrong, the FO is lying and in doing so, they are making Cutler look bad. That is pissing him off even more. Who can blame him for that? Some are calling him names for overreacting, well if everything he believes to be true is in fact true, he isn’t overreacting.

I hope Pat steps in before this goes past the point of no return.

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

15. The Following 7 Users High Fived fcspikeit For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit View Post
    The McDaniels ripple effect…

The pebble seemed small to some but to others it was a 2 ton bolder.
    The size of the stone really isn’t as important as the lake in which it was thrown. Depending on that lake, the stone could have either caused little disruption or forced waves crashing upon the banks. For those sitting on the shoreline, the natural response is to blame the water for getting them wet, those with a little more insight look at the stone as the reason for ruining their peaceful plans. Others look even farther into the matter to find the real culprit of the disruption. They conclude, “Who else could be to blame except the person who threw the stone?”

The person who took it upon himself to throw the bolder should have considered what would happen once the granite broke the calm surface of the pond. If they are going to appoint themselves the authority to do such things, they must also be held accountable for the repercussion their actions has cause. Blaming anything but the person who threw the stone will not stop it from happening again. One must go back to the starting point if they want to trace the origin of occurrences

The point is simple, even if some of this is getting blown out of proportion by Cutlers maturity level. That should have been a consideration by those that pushed this ball in motion! They should have done whatever was needed to prevent this. That is of course giving them the benefit of doubt and assuming they didn’t in fact want to trade Cutler.

If Cutler and everyone else who has had anything to say about this are right, and McDaniels did want to trade Cutler, then he has every right to be upset by this. Think about it, if they didn’t want him but are now stuck because they lost out on Cassel, the guy they wanted, that isn’t fair to Cutler. What makes them think he now wants to play for them? Why do some give McDaniels the right to decide rather he wants Cutler to play but they don’t give Cutler the right to decide rather or not he now wants to play for McDaniels?

Normally when there is deceit involved, the party with the most to gain from the situation is lying. I don’t see what Cutler has to gain from making this up? The FO on the other hand has everything to gain by trying to cover their actions.

Besides, I am glad Cutler wants to clear his head before he talks with the FO. With all those emotions involved, the outcome couldn’t be a good one. Perhaps once he settles down he will be able to sit down with them and clear the air?

Right now, almost everyone believes McDaniels tried to trade Cutler. Unless everyone involved is simply wrong, the FO is lying and in doing so, they are making Cutler look bad. That is pissing him off even more. Who can blame him for that? Some are calling him names for overreacting, well if everything he believes to be true is in fact true, he isn’t overreacting.

Cutler is a contracted employee. I'm betting there is a clause which permits the Broncos FO to talk about trading him without prior consultation.

I believe that other teams tried to get Cutler in a trade situation, and were denied by McDaniels and the FO. Just because Cassel was a Patsy with McD, doesn't mean that McD wanted to work with him.

Hell, for all anyone knows he laughed off the idea and told folks to piss off. But Jay gets it into his head, without actually having spoken to anyone except the press, that he is on the chopping block.

Hello? This is a business, and the business is all about winning. Jay ain't winning, so he can't expect his job to be safe as houses.

Until Jay has the balls to front up to the FO and talk like a man to them, rather than getting miffed to the media, then I'm firmly on McD's side.
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

17. The Following User High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

That may be the best way of clearing things up, however this doesn't make it appear likely at the moment

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen declined an interview request Sunday. The team's official stance is that McDaniels addressed the matter to The Denver Post on Saturday and will issue no further comment.
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalSoldier View Post
    Ok

1. Peyton was in his 7th or 8th year as a Pro. Cutler is just in his third.

2. The reason they were able to win is because the defense stopped being retarded and actually played. In fact Manning had some what of a miserable post season that year. So he wasn't exactly carrying his team

Strange I only hear that from Bolts fans. Wonder why?
    It's amazing how small details like that can slip some peoples minds.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    Cutler is a contracted employee. I'm betting there is a clause which permits the Broncos FO to talk about trading him without prior consultation.

I believe that other teams tried to get Cutler in a trade situation, and were denied by McDaniels and the FO. Just because Cassel was a Patsy with McD, doesn't mean that McD wanted to work with him.

Hell, for all anyone knows he laughed off the idea and told folks to piss off. But Jay gets it into his head, without actually having spoken to anyone except the press, that he is on the chopping block.

Hello? This is a business, and the business is all about winning. Jay ain't winning, so he can't expect his job to be safe as houses.

Until Jay has the balls to front up to the FO and talk like a man to them, rather than getting miffed to the media, then I'm firmly on McD's side.
    Jay didn't get this from the press. He said he could tell something was up the last couple of weeks by the way people were acting, he also said he "knows" for a fact they were trying to trade him.

Why would he pull that out of thin air? Also, someone told him there were trade talks, how would he have even known someone called about a trade? He is getting info from someone, that info has caused him to believe without a doubt the trade talks were serious. He obviously trusts his sources more then the FO.

If it was known as fact McDaniels really was trying to trade him, who's side would you be on?

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived fcspikeit For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

If it was known as fact McDaniels really was trying to trade him, who's side would you be on?
    To be brutally honest, it would have to depend on the value of the trade................if it was some kind of Walker super-deal I could be persuaded, but if as I believe has been reported Cassel & a third

And IIRC, the Walker deal that went such a long way to creating that Cowboys dynasty predated the salary cap, and probably couldn't happen today.............
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

23. The Following User High Fived Den21vsBal19 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    He's now stomping his feet, and not talking to Denver management....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3944555

Grow the **** up!
    Cutler’s agent: No meeting yet between QB, Broncos

Cutler’s agent: No meeting yet between QB, Broncos

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Denver Broncos, Jay Cutler, Josh McDaniels

The Internet is abuzz with speculation that Broncos QB Jay Cutler is in Denver and ready to have a sit-down meeting with team officials, possibly even including new head coach Josh McDaniels.

But Cutler’s agent, James “Bus” Cook, called Sunday night to say that his client isn’t in Denver, has no immediate plans to be in Denver and doesn’t know the next time he’ll be in Denver.

On top of that, there was and is no meeting scheduled between Cutler and the Broncos.

“At some point in the future, I’d imagine there probably will be a meeting,” Cook said. “But right now, there’s absolutely nothing scheduled. There’s nothing to (the speculation).”

Meanwhile, Broncos sources have maintained just as adamantly that Cutler isn’t on the trading block and will not be dealt.

So there is plenty to talk about it regarding Cutler and the Broncos. But for the time being, those talks aren’t occurring between the two sides.
    Kind of hard to miss a meeting when there wasn't one scheduled..

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by Den21vsBal19 View Post
    To be brutally honest, it would have to depend on the value of the trade................if it was some kind of Walker super-deal I could be persuaded, but if as I believe has been reported Cassel & a third

And IIRC, the Walker deal that went such a long way to creating that Cowboys dynasty predated the salary cap, and probably couldn't happen today.............
    So if the deal was good for the Broncos Cutler wouldn't have a right to be upset? LOL

I think you might have missed the point of my question. Kap is on Mckids side, she also doesn't appear to believe they tried to trade Cutler.

I was trying to figure out if the 2 were linked or if she was just another Plummer supporter that automatically sides against everything that has anything to do with Cutler..

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information