Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bayless: Tim Tebow Should Demand a Trade

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    For my own part, I can only hope Tebow is getting much better advice than Bayless offered; I couldn't watch my own link past about the 1:30 mark. I mainly found it interesting because the named ESPN reporter was the first time I've heard ANY independent "confirmation" of the "story" PFT flogged the last couple days before the game, about Quinn getting extra snaps so the team could bench Tebow at half time if he stunk it up against Pitt.

Thing is, if he'd played like he did against KC I would've understood that choice, as any rational objective person would; I just wouldn't have AGREED with it, because I think you dance with the one who brung ya, not a giant question mark with less starts than Tebow, all of them 2 years or more ago. In other words, if it had gone down like that, Tebow would've been very unreasonable to ask for a trade, which any potential sucessor team would realize. No one would offer much for a prima donna who crashed and burned after a half dozen games where he rarely played well in the first three quarters.

Then there's Brady Quinn (who has the advantage of actually being IN our practices) saying he only got two reps last week, same as always, which Simms and Nantz, who attended our last few days of practice, confirmed during the game. I credit eye witnesses more than anonymous sources ratings seekers report second hand. Likewise, when Quinn says he was doing practice throws on the sideline after Decker got hurt to stay warm on a cold mountain day, that makes sense. The coaches might've suggested it, but because James "Cheap Shot" Harrison had just taken our #1 WR out of the game and our QB could've been next. That would mean they didn't want to send in a cold hand that hasn't played a down in 2 years, not lack of confidence in Tebow.

I did see one of the pundits suggest the coaches wanted to light a fire under Tebow and told Quinn to start getting ready for that reason, in which case I can only say it worked and we should piss him off more often, because we went on a 20 point scoring spree that broke our season long string of disastrous second quarters. The person speculating about that, however, made clear that was ALL she was doing.

As I've said before, I can only hope Fox is maintaining as much of a media blackout as possible, because exposure to media thrill seekers like Bayless are a huge distraction for a team headed into a tough playoff rematch.
    Honestly, Tebow plays better pissed....it's one of the reasons I have been so concerned seeing him all calm on the sidelines. He likes to hit people and he plays with emotion, seeing him all calm isn't right

Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable. -
    Mark Twain

I am a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the luckier I become-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    Honestly, Tebow plays better pissed....it's one of the reasons I have been so concerned seeing him all calm on the sidelines. He likes to hit people and he plays with emotion, seeing him all calm isn't right
    That actually makes a lot of sense in several ways from what I've seen him, and goes back to what I said last week about needing to go back to playing with defiance instead of desperation.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

Bayless is a bro.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

A case of Just a bunch a people sitting around speculating on things they have really no idea about..

same as here.. wish we got paid to do this..
    Last edited by nevcraw; 01-12-2012 at 10:30 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    A case of Just a bunch a people sitting around speculating on things they have really no idea about..

same as here.. wish we got paid to do this..
    Wait, you didn't get your check?

7. The Following User High Fived ShooterJM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterJM View Post
    Wait, you didn't get your check?
    "I.O.U. -- Tned" hastily scrawled in crayon on a Post-It note is not a check.

This organization redesigned the entire offense for Tebow to give him every opportunity to succeed.

Oh yeah, he should definitely ask for a trade.

Whoever that woman is--she's the most annoying person on that panel if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by vandammage13 View Post
    Its kind of sad that the only Tebow supporter on ESPN is an over the top weasel.
    so... whats wrong with weazels???

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    so... whats wrong with weazels???
    asexual and disruptive rodent

If john fox and elway didnt change there tune then yeah tebow should have demanded a trade at the end of the year. but not anymore. its all good now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

For a while i was admiring Skip's constant support of Teebs but listening to this garbage just made me shake my head and think of Vhatever.

14. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

What is all this dislike of Bayless?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I hope he does demand a trade. we need a qb not a fullback

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information