Thread: Jaguars hire Mularkey

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Default Jaguars hire Mularkey

NFL Network is announcing that the Jags have hired Mike Mularkey to be their HC. I guess they got tired of waiting around for Mike McCoy to be available for interview.

I don't think they'd have hired McCoy anyway, but for the folks who wanted him gone, it doesn't look like it's going to happen... especially after the Steelers win. Had we gotten pummeled by the Steelers and our offense had been ineffective like in weeks past, I could see us allowing McCoy to walk.

I'm sure he'll get an extension here now.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

He helped the Falcons light up the scoreboard in the playoffs this season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    He helped the Falcons light up the scoreboard in the playoffs this season.
    and you're good at sarcasm. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    and you're good at sarcasm. . . .

I do what I can. Sometimes I like to dabble in the sarcasms.

5. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    NFL Network is announcing that the Jags have hired Mike Mularkey to be their HC. I guess they got tired of waiting around for Mike McCoy to be available for interview.

I don't think they'd have hired McCoy anyway, but for the folks who wanted him gone, it doesn't look like it's going to happen... especially after the Steelers win. Had we gotten pummeled by the Steelers and our offense had been ineffective like in weeks past, I could see us allowing McCoy to walk.

I'm sure he'll get an extension here now.
    Correct me if i'm wrong please...but didn't Elway want to interview Mularkey for HC last year but he wouldn't even come for an interview?! (Gregg Williams too)

Then he goes and takes over a Jacksonville team who is borderline brutal?!

awesome.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by pipes View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong please...but didn't Elway want to interview Mularkey for HC last year but he wouldn't even come for an interview?! (Gregg Williams too)

Then he goes and takes over a Jacksonville team who is borderline brutal?!

awesome.
    I think Mularkey thought that the Falcons would be much better this year and really have a no-kidding shot at a ring sand that's why he didn't interview for the Denver job. It didn't go as well as he thought and especially after the embarrassing loss to the Giants where his offense didn't score a single point, he probably thought it was a good time to leave before he was asked to.

I think Mularkey is a pretty good coach and wouldn't have hated had we hired him (but I really thought we needed a defensive minded HC). As far a Jax is concerned, they really needed an offensive minded guy to bring along their new 1st round QB. Gabbert was pretty terrible for most of the year and not only was he not improving, he was getting more and more gun-shy and losing more and more confidence every game.

The Jags brought in Mularkey to groom their new QB. They are making an investment in Gabbert's future with this move, hoping Mularkey can push Gabbert to be more like Matt Ryan than Joey Harrington.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information